• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Drew Garabo Show

Fighter

Bogey Member
Lots of hate from Drew on DG. Might stop listening, such a dumb theory on the hatred of this game. Apparently golf is a better spot because you drink and smoke cigars. Wow. So sad.

Let me reiterate 102.5 The Bone, out of Tampa. Talk radio show. He had a portion of his show essentially hating on disc golf. Some points were that it is not a sport and ridiculing calling it "golf" was a tragedy to the sport of ball golf. It wasn't the first time somebody has tried to rip it but it was straight up pathetic to stab at something he understood so little about. I believe Mike from Sunking called in and schooled him on the game (great rep!!). Of course, he hung up on him because he couldn't spit ball enough to win a verbal war.

There's someone ripping disc golf because he doesn't understand it? Shocking. Gather the lynch mob!

I don't have a link to the casting (i'm not sure if you can replay castings or not). I assumed somebody from the area down there must have heard this. I know at least 2 prominent people called in with great representation though which was refreshing when he is calling it "trash can golf".

Sounds like a tool. Would be really funny to watch him throw a disc probably . I bet i am better at his sport then he is mine :D

Exactly, lets roll! :D

I was being facetious. I really don't care what a random radio show host has to say about disc golf.

From the show's website:

Drew now brings his fearless, in your face approach to radio for two hours every weekday. He promises a fast-paced journey through breaking news, trending topics and pop culture weaving in listener opinions with phone calls and in-studio guests.

So his show, like many other talk radio shows, is all about talking about the news with little to no research about the topics beyond what is presented in the news already.

I'm sure disc golf is not the first thing he has rambled about ignorantly. Does that make him any less entertaining? Probably the opposite.

Actually, the show in general is quite entertaining. I probably over reacted just from him addressing something I actually care about. I really only presented the topic to get input from people who may have been in the same scenario of listening to his show and being an avid disc golfer

Actually, the show in general is quite entertaining. I probably over reacted just from him addressing something I actually care about. I really only presented the topic to get input from people who may have been in the same scenario of listening to his show and being an avid disc golfer

Why dont you mail him a starter set and also inform he that drinking and smoking is even more acceptable in this sport....

I just posted on his wall how ignorant his rant was. And I offered to pay him $50 if he can shoot +9 at his local course since he said it takes no skill at all.

Posted on his facebook 30 minutes ago-

"I can pretty much assure you that I'll be talking about Trashcan Frisbee again tomorrow after all this! What's the toughest part about being a pro Disc Golf player? Telling your parents that you're gay!"

All I can say is...keep promoting the sport baby! There's at least a few people who will discover DG in a positive way because of this.

Last edited:
Who the F#@K cares what other people think about what you like to do. People in this country love people to like what they like. Reminds my of hockey fans:\