• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

driving help

laerton420

im new,55 yrs old and overweight...i cannot drive for ****.i think my longest are near 230 max...pathetic,ive been throwing discs since may (not long).but ive tossed frissbees all life.
everything i throw hyzers at the end,although i use my handicap well work the hyzer,i cant throw a straight line well at all.id like more distance.
i use the blizzard ape 147gm for most wide open drives(usually for 225 or so)
then a teebird dx 171gm for fairway drives
a buzz pro d 166gm for approaches up to 170 or so.
others i use.
beast dx 171
valkrie 157
i also throw the buzz ss wasp but i cant get distance.:\

First off, you may not like this, but I would recommend dropping all your drivers and picking up a 150-165g DX Leopard. That, your Buzzz, a putter, and maybe an understable mid like a DX Stingray would be a good set up. With your power level, the Leopard should go just as far as your other drivers. The high speed drivers can mask form flaws and slow down a person's progress.

Second, you're on the right path. Read up on the technique/form section of this site, it's got some good info. Also look up pro tip videos on Youtube (make sure they're pros and know what they're talking about).

A couple quick tips. Stand sideways. Reach straight back. The pull through is like starting a lawn mower, and the follow through is like pimp slapping a little person (offensive but true). Keep your reach back up at chest/shoulder level, not at stomach/waist level. Focus on keeping the disc on a flat plane. Good luck and have fun.

When you say hyzers at the end, are you meaning in excess of the natural right-to-left fade that every Right-handed, backhand (RHBH) throw produces?

Latest posts