• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Driving Putters

The answer is no, there is no consensus. There are many, many good options when it comes to putters off the tee. Personally, I use a RL Spike and a Harp for overstable duties.

I use the Anode, Envy and the Credo.

The Anode is a great neutral driving putter, excelling at dead straight lines and mild turnovers.

The Envy is my workhorse. I throw nearly every approach with it, drive with it every round and use them for every putt. I have 3 aces with it in about 3 months, it's just so accurate.

The Credo is pure beef. It has a wide, slow profile and a sticky plastic. Ultra predictable hyzers lines and flex shots that stick where they land.

I personally use the Pa4 and PA1 in 400 series for Understable and Overstable. But a cardmate yesterday was using a Pure...and I grabbed it for him after a putt...basically we talked and played 27 holes and I could tell from holding it and seeing him use it that its a great driving putter...it almost has the same design of the Innova mako, but a little more putter-like I guess, and it felt almost like a mid or inbetweener (ie the mako) It was moderately stable so it could be used for a lot on throws. So i see a lot of support for that,

I throw Pures, PA2s, Zones, and Polecats off the tee.

I also love to have fun playing around with Envies, Rhynos, Breakers, and Sonics.

Really it comes down to what you want out of the putter.

I use the Anode, Envy and the Credo.

The Anode is a great neutral driving putter, excelling at dead straight lines and mild turnovers.

The Envy is my workhorse. I throw nearly every approach with it, drive with it every round and use them for every putt. I have 3 aces with it in about 3 months, it's just so accurate.

The Credo is pure beef. It has a wide, slow profile and a sticky plastic. Ultra predictable hyzers lines and flex shots that stick where they land.

i am so disappointed in you for dropping ions...

Most of mine end of being with a challenger or a magnet for under stable. I have a ESP Zone if I need a strong fade.

I just started driving with a Hybrid Judge and it is amazing. I also have been testing out a Platinum Evolution Wizard which is also amazing. Tough choices for the bag ahead. Maybe I will just keep them both.

without knowing how far you throw, i'd have to go with the pure. it's shallow and easy to throw across various plastics while achieving different flights due to said plastics. i drove with zero hard and opto for a while - i used zero soft for long approaches. excellent grip across weather conditions in its base plastic. ion/anode are deeper, the ion may be a little more OS than what you want if you're just beginning. envy too. maybe that's just me but i think the anode is probably the best driving putter for beginners out of MVP's lineup in terms of stability. *shrug*

400 and 300 PA4 get an honorable mention too; great one-two combo similar to the pure.

Another vote for the pure. I carry a recycled, zero hard, and TM2. I also have a soft mercy for approaches, and a yeti aviar for straight shots that need some height.

i'm going with a neutron envy, another dart in r-pro plastic. The opto pure will be my next purchase if needed thanks for all the feedback guys

My upshot/driving putters are DX classic aviar (beat), KC aviar (well worn), Gstar BB aviar, Champ Rhyno. I try out new drivers/mids all the time, but don't bother with putters because my current setup works so well. I might eventually move the KC into the classic aviar spot when it gets real beat and put another seasoned KC in there.

Just to add to some of the Pure Opto love, this disc has been a game changer for me. I used to struggle with driving with a Putter, but this thing is Pure gold. Great feel and great flight, thing holds a great line and grabs the chains great!

Another vote for the Pure. Opto is amazing for drives and long approaches, feels amazing in the hand and incredibly neutral flight. Zeroline starts out neutral (if, like me, you don't have a big arm) but beats into a beautiful understable flight.

170g DX Aviar P&A

Thing will glide forever and will fly in a line so straight....

Will also need frequent replacement.