• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DUDE Clothing

Loomis

Par Member
Chris Finn and some of his friends are starting a clothing line designed specifically for disc golf. The clothing line will be available at the Aussie Open, and then for sale after that for everyone else who can't make it to Perth.

They just announced they will be giving away some gear to a few people on their Facebook page.

Question: What is the most important attribute to your disc golf attire? Is it comfort, cost, function, the look or the feel?

Sorry, but the name does matter. Maybe dude means something else in Australia?

As for the OP, cost comes first. Comfort is important also.

Sorry, but the name does matter. Maybe dude means something else in Australia?

As for the OP, cost comes first. Comfort is important also.

I think it stands for Down Under Disc Esomething

From the few pics I've seen, the products look pretty nice.

Looks, i have never had a shirt that i had to worry about function. Cost will hinge on how it looks for me.

I like to look good

look good feel good

I'd like to say function, followed by comfort, but if it costs more than I'm willing to pay those considerations are kind of null.

You couldn't have a worse repondant than me. I've been playing almost 20 years and never bought an item of disc golf clothing (other than for our course or our local club).

But I've taken some in merch prizes and as players packs. For appearance, I can say that I've never seen a shirt or hat that I wanted for the appearance; I've seen a lot that I wouldn't take, or wouldn't wear if I had them, though.

I'd say, go with quality. I'm partial to dri-fits but, even with cotton, don't go with the cheap cheesy tee-shirts. There's a million of them out there.

My final advice is to ignore my advice, because I'm definitely not the target market.

Design is of great importance! (says the art teacher)

If your design isn't original and eye-catching, you don't have a chance...

My main concerns are fit & durability.

The clothing cannot hinder movement or distract; for example, a hoody needs to move with the face when the neck rotates, and if the hood is thrown back should not whack me in the face when I throw.

When I need to fight through berry bushes to retrieve a disc, the clothing should take minimal damage (not rip or unravel).

I'd like to say function, followed by comfort, but if it costs more than I'm willing to pay those considerations are kind of null.

I'm pretty much in this camp, but the way I see it funtion includes comfort. IMHO, clothing made for any specific activity can't be functional if it's not comfortable.

That said, the functional needs of DG apparel really aren't unique from those of other activites. I'll go with the most cost effective clothing that works. You can find high quality outdoor/sports apparrel at good prices if you know where to look.

My main concerns are fit & durability.

The clothing cannot hinder movement or distract; for example, a hoody needs to move with the face when the neck rotates, and if the hood is thrown back should not whack me in the face when I throw.

When I need to fight through berry bushes to retrieve a disc, the clothing should take minimal damage (not rip or unravel).

I have a lot of hoodies, under armor, nike, majestic....

Do you have a hoodie that rotates with your face? if so what brand? Never seen one. With wear when thrown back they lay flat, but never had one that moved with my head.

You couldn't have a worse repondant than me. I've been playing almost 20 years and never bought an item of disc golf clothing (other than for our course or our local club).

But I've taken some in merch prizes and as players packs. For appearance, I can say that I've never seen a shirt or hat that I wanted for the appearance; I've seen a lot that I wouldn't take, or wouldn't wear if I had them, though.

I'd say, go with quality. I'm partial to dri-fits but, even with cotton, don't go with the cheap cheesy tee-shirts. There's a million of them out there.

My final advice is to ignore my advice, because I'm definitely not the target market.

Welp, this pretty much sums it up for me too.
I probably just shouldn't have posted, but, if I discovered a nice cotton polo with just a small logo on the chest, I might be interested.

Function and comfort are key to me. Durability should be part of any disc golf function. I am not really hung up on cost, but if you are selling to disc golfers, cost will certainly be an important part of any business model. (Lord forbid, they look to make a profit).

The most important attribute would be to have a website, not a facebook page.

It is TOUGH to make it in the soft goods game. and to be honest the name in my opinion could not be worse (and you are talking to a person that sells soft goods in a market wrought with "dudes"). The logo and product better be good if they want to see 2016...and I hope they do. Selling the lifestyle of any activity is the key to helping brick and mortar retailers keep the doors open.

What makes a piece of clothing comfortable for disc golf? Some people say they prefer loose fitting while others prefer tighter clothes. What works best for you?

I need space for movement in the shoulders, and without some big billowy tent around the gut. It seems like anything I find with room for a free-swinging action through the upper body is generally huge all around, and I don't need room for 3 more arms in my sleeve or a neckline down to my nips.

Latest posts