• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DWF, TX here I come!

sidewinder22

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Weird these DFW threads just popped up and I just found out today I'm working in Frisco, TX for a week in April. So after researching some of the course pics and reviews and what I tend to like in a course, it looks like the four below in no particular order are tops on my list to play. Any suggestions?

Harry Myers DGC
Lake Lewisville Park
Towne Lake DGC
Bill Allen Memorial Park

So does anyone in the area wanna give me a tour Monday afternoon April 9, or Thursday afternoon April 12? I'm debating about staying Friday. :D

Me neither, and I'd drive to way more courses then autobahn even not at that time of day.

And FYI, don't plan in using 635 as your east/west corridor. Construction is awful!!

Thanks for the info so far guys! I'm guessing Harry Myers would take up a good afternoon by itself given the travel? Bill Allen is so close I'd think I could get that in after work Tues or Wed...do the parks close at sunset?

Bill Allen is a fine course and it's close to frisco…the teepads suck, yes, but don't b messing with too much traffic is ur from outta town.

If u get a chance, make it down to Lester Lorch in Ceder Hill. Some of the finest Discgolf in the metroplex.

If you're around Friday afternoon I'd play bill allen with you

Or if you want to play in a mini Alex Clark has them every Wednesday night, sign up starts at 5:30 play starts at 6

random doubles at town lake on Fridays at 6 as well I believe

I live in Lewisville, pretty close to the Lake and Bill Allen, and about 30 min from Towne Lake. I'm usually free on weekdays after 2pm. Would be glad to meet up and play a round or 2. Shoot me a PM.

Harry Myers all the way. If you can get out to Selah Ranch in Mt Vernon (2 hours from Dallas, maybe 1.5 from Frisco?) it's the experience of a lifetime (especially the Lakeside course). Believe it. :|

Your list of courses looks good. If it rains hard, skip Harry Myers. The wooded holes (5, 6, 7 and 9) become mud holes. If it hasn't rained real hard... don't miss the opportunity.

Don't even think about Audubon without a guide (first time out). Really good disc golf, but zero amenities. 5 of the first 6 holes are blind tee shots (can't see the baskets). Also 3 more holes on the back nine are blind. If they haven't mowed it by then... you will probably want to skip it unless a local takes you. It's great when it's mowed and you know where you're going. If not... don't go.

The tee pads at Bill Allen aren't that bad. Crushed rock in wooden frames. If you don't have a big run up, it's not a big deal. Fun course to play.

You want to play two at Towne Lake. Play the shorts... then the longs. As long as you've been playing, you want to. 16 long might be the one to skip (unless you don't mind getting wet if you shank it).

Lake Lewisville is short, but always fun. Playing during the week would be awesome. You can play right after (or during) a rain... the best draining course in DFW. The most scenic too.

If you can make it to Lester Lorch in Cedar Hill (36 holes) or Crossroads in Duncanville (just awesome), it would be worth your while. The south side has some of the best disc golf in the area. Certainly the best land for it.

Weird these DFW threads just popped up and I just found out today I'm working in Frisco, TX for a week in April. So after researching some of the course pics and reviews and what I tend to like in a course, it looks like the four below in no particular order are tops on my list to play. Any suggestions?

Harry Myers DGC
Lake Lewisville Park
Towne Lake DGC
Bill Allen Memorial Park

So does anyone in the area wanna give me a tour Monday afternoon April 9, or Thursday afternoon April 12? I'm debating about staying Friday. :D

Since I live 300 miles away, I consider every course west of Tyler that I have played to be a Dallas road trip. I think H Meyers was 260 or so. If you have plenty of time..... Turner, Towne Lake, Lester Lorche and H meyers. I am still jonesing to play Lake Lew along with cherry creek, Bicentennial, and a few more.

Harry Myers all the way. If you can get out to Selah Ranch in Mt Vernon (2 hours from Dallas, maybe 1.5 from Frisco?) it's the experience of a lifetime (especially the Lakeside course). Believe it. :|

Selah is $20 a day... and a bargain. You have to call for reservations.

You want to go with friends to share that experience. They just won't believe you if you don't.

Yes Harry Myers, Lester Lorch & Selah are some of the best courses in North Texas but I think everyone is missing the point. He has weekday afternoons free, leaving work in Frisco. That make all 3 outside of what I personally would drive to in rush hour traffic.

Fortunatly, Frisco is right off 121. On that road 70mph is the norm no matter what time. So you can get to Lewisville and McKinney in under 20 minutes. So yes, you can play Towne Lake, Lewisville Lake and Bill Allen very easily after work, and none of them will disapoint. You also have the option of playing LL Woods near Lewisville Lake, Dash's Track in Frisco near Bill Allen and Alex Clark near Towne Lake. All 3 are quick plays (LL is a little longer) and very close to the other course, so you could check them out after your round at each course. If you are trying to boost your "courses played" list

FYI if we get a lot of rain, avoid McKinney. Lewisville Lake you can play in the wetest of weather with no problems, all sand, no mud (other than in front of hole 12s tee box).

With a toddler and back problems, I can't offer to join you, good luck with it.

I think I will have most the afternoon to play Monday just a matter of when I fly in, work starts Tuesday and is supposed to end Thursday around 1pm. I'm still debating about when to fly out.

I was going to say the exact same if you are here Harry Myers is a must!!! I have heard excellent things about selah ranch and am very disappointed I haven't been able to play it.

Yes Harry Myers, Lester Lorch & Selah are some of the best courses in North Texas but I think everyone is missing the point. He has weekday afternoons free, leaving work in Frisco. That make all 3 outside of what I personally would drive to in rush hour traffic.

He could take the Bush Tollway around to Texas HWY 66. Go west from there about 4 miles and you're at Harry Myers. (Around 45 minutes).

If you roll on free roads like I do... HWY 380 east to HWY 78 south. Then Texas HWY 205 south to a left on Washington Street in downtown Rockwall. (About an hour). Traffic won't be a big deal east of McKinney until you get to downtown Rockwall.

I was going to say the exact same if you are here Harry Myers is a must!!! I have heard excellent things about selah ranch and am very disappointed I haven't been able to play it.

Harry Myers has some of the best holes in DFW but it also has a few that are meh.

Harry Myers has some of the best holes in DFW but it also has a few that are meh.

There aren't many course anywhere that don't have a few meh holes, at least on an 18 hole course. And meh is subjective anyhoo.

Sorry to read about your back problem. Hope that goes away soon. re: young'un - hope that doesn't go away for a long time. Enjoy the time, it truly will fly.

Latest posts