• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DWF, TX here I come!

Stepped right over a copperhead at Bear Creek on hole 7 once. He was shedding, so he probably couldn't see very well...thankfully. Scared the living crap out of me. I proceeded to smash him with a big stick...only good snake is a dead snake :)

Hit Alex Clark, Towne Lake, then Harry Myers Thursday a wee bit hungover. I left some presents out there for ya'll(mostly at TL), I wasn't going in those waters and roughs I lost them in. Glad I brought brand new dx discs I didn't mind losing. I was almost disappointed I didn't see any snakes. Saw lots of other animals and the giant mosquitoes out there had their way with me. Glad I got to experience some Texas golf which is to say the least, different than the Mid-Atlantic. Met some cool locals on the courses for the most part.

Have to say Crossroads was the highlight of my trip save for Thursday night at 3rd Base. I liked Harry Myers although I did feel the last few holes leaves it a bit lackluster whereas Crossroads was more building up to a sweet crescendo of holes and much higher fun factor.

Some wildlife at Beaver...wait that's not real:
beaverturtle.jpg

Ok some real turtles if you can see them on the logs. Also lost a Teebird in the rough off to the left somewhere down there:
beaverh9.jpg

More wildlife at Beaver? I did see a crazy local jump into the pond.
beaverh8.jpg

Upon closer inspection this course was good enough for someone to take their man panties off! :sick:
beaverh8u.jpg

Last edited:
Crossroads Hole 14 and all it's glory!
crossroadsh141.jpg

Everything is bigger in Texas....Motorboating anyone?
3rdbasemotor.jpg

Hey, this one's more my size.
3rdbaseshorty.jpg

Dr. Pepper Ballbark from my balcony:
drpepperballpark.jpg

Walgreens in McKinney has frisbee golf now:
mckinneywallgreen.jpg

More wildlife at Beaver? I did see a crazy local jump into the pond.

The pond isn't bad right now. The thing was nearly dry this past summer, so almost all of the water in it came from rains in the last few months. I've never seen it cleaner. It is really deep right now.

Alrighty...went to cedar hill today. Lester lorch was a bit of a let down and wtf is with the mud!!! I've never seen mud pile on the bottom of shoes like this before. It was reshresing to play crossroads and had some mud there too but that course is better than both Lester lorch courses combined. :thmbup:

I guess I got lucky as far as the mud goes. I only had time to play coyote. I love wooded courses and am pretty easy to please, sorry you didn't enjoy it. If you are ever back, try Turner, zboaz or Lake Lewisville. I def want to play Crossroads, is it pretty wooded?

Alrighty...went to cedar hill today. Lester lorch was a bit of a let down and wtf is with the mud!!! I've never seen mud pile on the bottom of shoes like this before. It was reshresing to play crossroads and had some mud there too but that course is better than both Lester lorch courses combined. :thmbup:

I played both courses at Lester Lorch on Good Friday 4/6 and it wasn't bad at all. Maybe you're not used to the clay in the DFW area. It sticks to everything. It does make your discs have better grip when dry. Mud is an issue at all courses in DFW during the spring.

I like the layout at Crossroads too (the grass was knee high at Crossroads on 4/6), but Lester Lorch is a lot of fun. I have yet to be "let down" there.

As far as Crossroads being "better than both Lester lorch courses combined." -- I don't necessarily agree with that. Crossroads is an awesome course, but it has its own issues.

I guess I got lucky as far as the mud goes. I only had time to play coyote. I love wooded courses and am pretty easy to please, sorry you didn't enjoy it. If you are ever back, try Turner, zboaz or Lake Lewisville. I def want to play Crossroads, is it pretty wooded?

Crossroads and Beaver are about equally wooded.

Sidewinder... if you come back during the winter to early spring again... play Gateway in Fort Worth. It's not good after a rain (you haven't experienced mud, or stink, like you would there), but the course itself is really fun if you can throw straight. If you have grip lock issues or are even remotely a beginner... not recommended without a machete. If you have control of your game... so much fun. You liked Crossroads, you'd like Gateway in November thru April.

Veterans in Arlington is fun too... (I played there today). Of course, the mighty Z (Z Boaz) is always fun during the daytime on weekdays... too many mobs during prime time.

I think the mud/clay issue is mostly why I didn't like Lester Lorch that much, also didn't help I forgot to bring a towel. The mud seriously must have added about 10lbs and 3" height to each shoe after each hole there. There were some other things like hole 9 on Beaver where I had to walk around the pond to get to the fairway which took a few minutes and then I lost my Teebird because I couldn't localize from the tee where it went. The rough is really rough and I felt like a lot of the holes in the woods were forced shots where you can't really get creative. I was mostly just hucking my soft Banger down the "fairway" and hoping to not get a bad kick into the rough. When I was in the rough there typically was no option other than to pitch back into the fairway. The courses were a bit short for my taste. I was really stoked looking at hole 1 on Beaver and then it was downhill. Comparing Beaver and Crossroads...yeah about equally wooded, but Crossroads has better holes IMO. I can see how Lester Lorch is better for tournament play though. Harry Myers is probably the better tournament course of the ones I played there.