• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dx stamp Jolly launcher Valkyries

Discs on a wall? Why would anyone do that?

after playing for too long you start getting weird. in a few years you will be possessed by the idea of having all the same color discs in your bag.

slippery slope

after playing for too long you start getting weird. in a few years you will be possessed by the idea of having all the same color discs in your bag.

slippery slope

Interesting. I have a tough enough time not pulling the wrong disc as it is. Once wondered how such a great feeling throw could look so short. Get to my disc and instead of my white pro destro laying there, it was my white star tl. DOH!

Got my 175 blue champ DX-stamped Valkyrie recently.

That is one stable Valkyrie. More HSS and LSS than my 169 gold line Saint.

There is mild turn and a hard fade at the end.

I haven't thrown champ Valks before so I can't compare but it definitely seems more stable than my old DX that I lost a while back. This will definitely flex out of any anhyzer.

Either these champion plastic runs are much more overstable or the heavier weight is giving this thing some serious beef.

I haven't thrown champ Valks before so I can't compare but it definitely seems more stable than my old DX that I lost a while back. This will definitely flex out of any anhyzer.

Either these champion plastic runs are much more overstable or the heavier weight is giving this thing some serious beef.

you are comparing a brand new champion Valkyrie to a beat up dx. the dx will naturally be much flippier from the wear and tear.

you are comparing a brand new champion Valkyrie to a beat up dx. the dx will naturally be much flippier from the wear and tear.

I understand your point, unfortunately my DX was quite new when I lost it and not very seasoned. Make no mistake, this champ Valk is beefy out of the box.

I've noticed this about a lot of the new champ discs with the old stamps. That plastic makes them over stable. My Eagle flew as over stable as my Teebird. I haven't thrown my JL Valks yet but I bet they're the same, as you said.

The JL valk flies on par with early opaque champion valks that have a little dome, and are as durable but more flexible (I have a bunch of these, dayglo yellow and domey, valk in all caps, no pro names). Way more LSS than most recent champ valks, and slightly more HSS. I have been throwing the crap out of my XG and JL valks, and have pulled all of my old ones so I can get these more broken in and predictable. I got some lighter XG's on the way because I can barely flip the 175's of either plastic. Hoping to get a light JL in trade soon if anyone budges.

Regarding the grip of jolly plastic, my first JL discs were a 180 roc 3 and a 171 brinster tb. Both of these discs took for-friggin-ever to break in to fly not-meathook, but once they did, they gained enough scratches to build up some pretty good grip. Especially my brinster. It used to have bad grip, or no grip if it was wet; now it feels really grippy no matter what in my opinion. Way batter than any other champ type plastic. Almost as good as the good old stiff dx.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97878

^^ Thread I started about these... has a few good comments...

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that thread before. It pretty much confirms what I've noticed, that the JL Valks are quite stable out of the box, especially in the heavier weights.

I do love the feel of the recent champion plastic. I have a JL Valk, a TB, a TL, and a JL VJ TL (Jolly Launcher Valarie Jenkins Teebird-Less stable). The new champion discs have a gummier feel and a nice flex/softness to them that I really like.

Yeah most of it has been good. MY only JL plastic that isn't very flexible is the DX stamp eagle and the brinsters, but they still throw great.

I threw my 175 JL Valk today and it was not the beefy over stable disc I expected. It has a nice glide with a very slight turn to it. Since it's this champ plastic I expect this disc to keep those characteristics for a while. :thmbup:
I love the feel of this plastic.

Everytime I see Jolly Launcher I think of Jolly Ranchers for some strange reason.

Because that's where the name comes from :p It looks like transparent candy. Unfortunately, the flavor is rather lacking on the discs.

Latest posts