• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DX teebird

Uh nope. Usually I listen to the advice of the more experienced but this time you're all wrong.

My DX was so warped the wing was actually curling almost underneath the disc. I'd like to see any of you throw that thing 100' it was about as flight-worthy as a phone book.

I think there is a difference between beat and morbidly mangled...

how do the glow dx teebirds hold up? better or worse? also are there two different molds of them too?

how do the glow dx teebirds hold up? better or worse? also are there two different molds of them too?

I'm wondering this same thing... Come spring, I'm gonna want a glow teebird in my glow bag. Not sure about what plastic now that Ive thrown this dx.

FWIW, the dx in my OP is pretty dinged up with some nice sized dings. That's why I was so surprised it still performed so well.

I carry a Champ and just added a new DX teebird. The DX is heavier than my Champ, but still gets more distance. I use it for shots over the water when I'm afraid that I will lose my Champ. It's possible that I will phase out my Champ teebird and Star TL over time with a collection of DX birds.

I LOVE finding discs, giving them a try, and not being able to live without them afterward. I found two 11x firebirds in lake olmstead, same color, same weight, everything. Can't live without one, gave the other way before I knew people went gonzo for them. Half my bag is made up of found discs, well, a third.

Uh nope. Usually I listen to the advice of the more experienced but this time you're all wrong.

My DX was so warped the wing was actually curling almost underneath the disc. I'd like to see any of you throw that thing 100' it was about as flight-worthy as a phone book.
Freak stuff happens. I threw an S Wizard down a sidewalk once and it took the bead clear off the son of a gun. The whole bottom edge of the disc was sanded down. Weird but true. I still throw S Wizards. I skipped one off a walking path this fall and it was fine. At the angle they hit and how far I was throwing, the throw this fall should have done more damage than the throw that trashed a disc. Strange things happen sometimes.

I have a horribly deformed SS wizard that still throws straight as an arrow, with a slight left fade at the end. I guess it all depends on the disc.

Was thinking about my DX Teebirds and how they are beating in and I seriously am wondering as they get more beat, if I even need another fairway mold. (Preds arent really fairway drivers, are they?) Of course, I would be nervous about losing a perfectly seasoned one for the shot and would want a bunch to be close in beatness and covering a wide array at the same time.

Was thinking about my DX Teebirds and how they are beating in and I seriously am wondering as they get more beat, if I even need another fairway mold. (Preds arent really fairway drivers, are they?) Of course, I would be nervous about losing a perfectly seasoned one for the shot and would want a bunch to be close in beatness and covering a wide array at the same time.

Here's a minimalist's bag:

175 Star Teebird 10/10 - head winds and power drives
175 11x Champ Teebird 8/10 - dependable fade
170 12x Champ Teebird 8/10 - Stable and straight shooter
165 DX Teebird 7/10 - moderate understable hyzer flips and long turns

Couple Rocs and Aviars.

I friggin hate DX..but I love DX teebirds! they are $

have to rotate them quite often though....but they fly great out of the box!

i've been wondering the same thing. my rivers ended up coming out of my bag because i can't do anything with them that i can't do with a dx teebird that costs half as much and gets to it's sweet spot much faster. 7/10 dx teebirds are dead straight, and 6/10 dx teebirds are amazing turnover and distance drivers.

i recently pulled my dx eagles out of the storage bin to start beating on them, it will be interesting to see how they wear compared to the teebirds.

I really love my star TB but have been wanting to pick up a DX. Right now, my favorite is a DX eagle, This was my first DX disc in a long while and really do like how it feels....don't poopoo on DX, it's not bad

What kind of weights do you guys recommend in the DX, or does it even matter? I have a 167 Star Teebird (non-domey) that is nice, but will turn a tad with power. Will similar weight DX be the same? Should I do higher, lower?

Get it in whatever weight you like your fairway drivers. for me that's around 165. A new DX will be a little less overstable than a new Star.

A star teebird shouldn't turn unless it's pretty beat or you give it 400' of power, are you sure you aren't rolling your wrist or something when you try to give it more power?

It doesn't turn much - at about 350-375 of power, and only if there is a bit of a headwind, it will move right just a tad during the HSS. Really...it only happens in field practice, or on open holes. If I throw for shorter distance, it will move just like the flight chart - straight, but finishing with a fade.

It's not often that I get to chuck the TB for 350+ power, and it's quite a nice flight, really. I'd love to get that same flight when throwing for shorter distances, and that probably means beating in DX Teebird. I just want to know if I should go slightly heaver in DX than I use in Star. Is DX less stable?

Here's a minimalist's bag:

175 Star Teebird 10/10 - head winds and power drives
175 11x Champ Teebird 8/10 - dependable fade
170 12x Champ Teebird 8/10 - Stable and straight shooter
165 DX Teebird 7/10 - moderate understable hyzer flips and long turns

Couple Rocs and Aviars.

Think I wouldnt bother with the Star and Champ Teebirds because I would be needing to have those be DX being worked on beating in.

It doesn't turn much - at about 350-375 of power, and only if there is a bit of a headwind, it will move right just a tad during the HSS. Really...it only happens in field practice, or on open holes. If I throw for shorter distance, it will move just like the flight chart - straight, but finishing with a fade.

It's not often that I get to chuck the TB for 350+ power, and it's quite a nice flight, really. I'd love to get that same flight when throwing for shorter distances, and that probably means beating in DX Teebird. I just want to know if I should go slightly heaver in DX than I use in Star. Is DX less stable?

From my experience, my DX Teebirds were very slightly overstable compared to my champ ones when new, but break in quickly. I would go with the weight you like for fairways and not stray much from that.

i've been wondering the same thing. my rivers ended up coming out of my bag because i can't do anything with them that i can't do with a dx teebird that costs half as much and gets to it's sweet spot much faster. 7/10 dx teebirds are dead straight, and 6/10 dx teebirds are amazing turnover and distance drivers.

i recently pulled my dx eagles out of the storage bin to start beating on them, it will be interesting to see how they wear compared to the teebirds.

Yeah, I get the feeling I was too full on the River, but; I still find great use on it when I need fairway distance with the control of a mid since its so good at performing with minimal effort. It becomes a balancing scale on whether I control a tight tunnel shot with a River or try to blast straight through with a nicely worn Teebird.

Latest posts