• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dye Mixtures

Albatross

I have all the materials I need to dye my Star Wraith, I just don't know how to mix the Rit Dye. I tried dying a disc once, but I followed the directions on the box, and it came out too watered down. After scanning some threads on here I heard some utterances of using Vinegar to make it "pop". I have also heard something about using some kind of soap, but I have no idea what proportions to use with either of these mixes. Help Anyone?!?!

P.S. Is there any way that I wouldn't have to use the whole box of the dye to dye a disc? just wondering, Thanks!

Use the whole box. Add @ 20 oz of water. Stir/shake.

You can reuse the dye for other projects.

You'll want to warm it up, should not be so warm/hot that you cant touch it and hold your hand to the side of the pot. After its warm let the disc sit in it for about 15-20 or you've achieved the color you want. Good luck!

You'll want to warm it up, should not be so warm/hot that you cant touch it and hold your hand to the side of the pot. After its warm let the disc sit in it for about 15-20 or you've achieved the color you want. Good luck!

will this work with a light color? I am trying to get a lighter blue on a red back..

Latest posts