• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dyemax Beauties

tomschillin

Birdie Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
here's my 2 Dyemax Dyes from Dynamic Discs. I just got the second one in the mail yesterday, haven't thrown either one, but i can't wait to get out this afternoon! The Back Catalog is on an ESP Buzz and the Dark Side is on a Gold Line River.

The point of this thread is to post the cool **** you've had Dynamic Discs do for you with their new Dyemax process.

Have at it!

Attachments

• 2012-01-28 09.28.57.jpg
    2012-01-28 09.28.57.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 2012-01-28 09.28.46.jpg
    2012-01-28 09.28.46.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 2012-01-22 14.34.22.jpg
    2012-01-22 14.34.22.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 163
Very nice looking. Not sure how much response you'll get to the guys here. This section of the forums is really for people discussing the dye process, new techniques, etc. As a hobby and personal skill. People posting Dyemax in here is like if someone posted pictures of the Mustang they got directly from Shelby on a forum for people who tune and build their own cars.

Equipment or General Discussion might get a better response for ya.

It's not that most dyers dislike DD's dyemax, so much as it is that we do our own dyes and don't have any dyemax of our own to share.

Is it just the photo, or did you get that cool fade/gradient effect around the edge of the Darkside River intentionally? They're both pretty nice looking. Dyemax is looking much better than the other printers I've seen.

Those are awsome if you dont mind me asking how much did those cost.

Those are awsome if you dont mind me asking how much did those cost.

Usually dyemax stuff runs around 30 bucks a piece. I have a beautiful set I'll post later. Normally I support the guys that hand dye, but this was too complicated for that. That's where I think dyemax really comes in handy

they were 28 bucks. discs are 18 or so, so 10 or so for the dye(print).

ADMIN feel free to move this to the appropriate category.

Very nice looking. Not sure how much response you'll get to the guys here. This section of the forums is really for people discussing the dye process, new techniques, etc. As a hobby and personal skill. People posting Dyemax in here is like if someone posted pictures of the Mustang they got directly from Shelby on a forum for people who tune and build their own cars.

Equipment or General Discussion might get a better response for ya.

How long until someone figures out how to hack a cheap printer to print on discs?

http://hackaday.com/2010/06/06/how-to-diydtg/

How long until someone figures out how to hack a cheap printer to print on discs?

http://hackaday.com/2010/06/06/how-to-diydtg/

Printers may be easy to piece together into something that can print on a t-shirt, but the special ink needed to print on discs, as well as the 3-axis heads for getting an even layer onto a disc, as expensive as balls. Not to mention reconfiguring the software to get any real detail from the ink system. Hats off to Dynamic for figuring it out, and throwing such a big stack of cash at something that will take years to pay off.

What minis are the DyeMax on? I assumed Ultrastar minis, but the most recent email I got from DD it looks like the picture is lacking the tell-tale Ultrastar rings.

Heres a sweet one I had done around christmas.
DSCN0107.jpg

espnukeos.png

This is one I've been working on for the last 2 days, haven't got it put on an Esp Nuke OS yet. Going to submit it this week, hopefully the edges work out alright.

<rant> deleted </rant> Hope you don't mind but I might make a few changes.

Last edited:
Moderators, any chance this thread could get moved to general discussion? It has nothing to do with disc dyeing.