• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Baseline Plastic (for Cycling)

It's literally coming this spring lol. It's like the Lat64 retro line they are working on but will be called prime. Will cost less than Classic and be able to be molded for drivers. I don't know if the molds have been picked yet but I expect some putter and the escape at least.

It's literally coming this spring lol. It's like the Lat64 retro line they are working on but will be called prime. Will cost less than Classic and be able to be molded for drivers
Hmmm, so if it's cheaper it should be somehow lower quality as well. Otherwise people just buy the classic. Now I'm worried that this will be a complete miss.

I want a Classic line with a bit more durability and available for most mids.

Last edited:
Hmmm, so if it's cheaper it should be somehow lower quality as well. Otherwise people just buy the classic. Now I'm worried that this will be a complete miss.

I want a Classic line with a bit more durability and available for most mids.

Cheaper priced doesn't mean inferior. Not in this instance. It's just different. Classic line is really more like KC Pro. You can cosmetically beat it up but the stability holds for much longer than normal baseline plastics. This is for beginners, people who cycle through multiple discs in their bag each season, and old school players who like that grip and seasoning ability with base plastic.

If you want a classic line with MORE durability I think you're just out of luck. You're the first person I've ever heard to ask for that. At that point you're just expecting premium plastic durability with a baseline price. That doesn't exist from any manufacturer.

If you want a classic line with MORE durability I think you're just out of luck. You're the first person I've ever heard to ask for that. At that point you're just expecting premium plastic durability with a baseline price. That doesn't exist from any manufacturer.
Well my only experience with the hard plastic is With the Zero Hard Pure, but I assume that is pretty much the same as classic.

Those Hard Pures sure lost their stability in a hurry. Worst one became flippy after one shot. Also, they LOSE bits and pieces when they hit stuff. Nothing like KC in my mind. :\

If the Classic is the DD KC Pro, then why the Classic Truth is not used by any of the pros or even available in most stores?

Well my only experience with the hard plastic is With the Zero Hard Pure, but I assume that is pretty much the same as classic.

Those Hard Pures sure lost their stability in a hurry. Worst one became flippy after one shot. Also, they LOSE bits and pieces when they hit stuff. Nothing like KC in my mind. :\

If the Classic is the DD KC Pro, then why the Classic Truth is not used by any of the pros or even available in most stores?

Who said the classic truth wasn't used by any pros? It's for sale in a lot of stores in the US but I can't speak to your location. Different things get sold in different parts of the world. Lat64 is also running 3 companies worth of discs so there was a wait on a new run of classic truths.

If you're missing CHUNKS by hitting things constantly I don't know what to tell you. I've posted torture tests from the classic judge the week before release. Smashing them into rock buildings. I got dings and scuffs and everything else but never chunking.

The difference in a dx roc and the seasoning of a classic truth are generally months apart. The durability of classic is much much closer to kcpro than dx and that's why prime will fill that gap.

This is incorrect and doesn't make any sense. I even had a bio suspect that I intentionally threw into a concrete repeatedly to "break in" and it barely made a difference.

I accept that your bio suspect didn't beat in quickly. However last winter, I tested the renegade mold for longer than I can flick 'go right' shots and found that my bios broke in faster than my fusion and lucid renegades. Again, I really like bios grip and quick break in so I soon found that a seasoned bio trespass will cover those long turnovers that I can't reach with my flick.

I've got 8 bio trespasses, 3 in fusion, 3 in lucid, and 1 hybrid. In my testing, the bio trespasses I bag broke in very quickly compared to my fusion and lucid trespasses. Thus my conclusions about bio's stability. I have only limited experience with other molds so I can't speak to those but I will say I am a big fan of cycling the same mold and plastic in different stages of wear and find Lat's plastics generally softer and quicker to season than Innova's star/champ and Discraft's esp(about the same)/z equivalents.

Sorry my results didn't line up with yours but its seems others in this thread have found results on both sides of the durability for cycling question. I don't understand your "incorrect" statement and I hope my small sample size and more detailed explanation of findings helps you and others to make sense of my theory that bio beats in faster than fusion and lucid.

For reference, I throw mids 250-325, fairways 275-350', control drivers up to 400', and have been getting over 400' consistantly and accurately this past year with mega wide stuff. I recently threw a rival around 400', and my last PDGA tourney I averaged just under 1000 rated but putting is more important than every thing else so that's a topic for another thread:popcorn:

I'd kill for a Truth I could cycle in a weight below 160 grams to compliment my Air Truth. For now a pro d Buzzz is going to have to do.

I'd kill for a Truth I could cycle in a weight below 160 grams to compliment my Air Truth. For now a pro d Buzzz is going to have to do.

So the Lucid Air Truths are too stable to break in to a turnover disc? That shoots down one option I was considering.

I would almost prefer Verdicts as a cycling mold, the slightly deeper profile feels better for me. That assumes you could break them in to understable though.

I'm definitely not complaining, it's a great point and throw disc. It's a fast mid that takes speed to work a good anny though. I've been using mine a lot since I got it in June and fade still kicks in when it slows down

I accept that your bio suspect didn't beat in quickly. However last winter, I tested the renegade mold for longer than I can flick 'go right' shots and found that my bios broke in faster than my fusion and lucid renegades. Again, I really like bios grip and quick break in so I soon found that a seasoned bio trespass will cover those long turnovers that I can't reach with my flick.

I've got 8 bio trespasses, 3 in fusion, 3 in lucid, and 1 hybrid. In my testing, the bio trespasses I bag broke in very quickly compared to my fusion and lucid trespasses. Thus my conclusions about bio's stability. I have only limited experience with other molds so I can't speak to those but I will say I am a big fan of cycling the same mold and plastic in different stages of wear and find Lat's plastics generally softer and quicker to season than Innova's star/champ and Discraft's esp(about the same)/z equivalents.

Sorry my results didn't line up with yours but its seems others in this thread have found results on both sides of the durability for cycling question. I don't understand your "incorrect" statement and I hope my small sample size and more detailed explanation of findings helps you and others to make sense of my theory that bio beats in faster than fusion and lucid.

For reference, I throw mids 250-325, fairways 275-350', control drivers up to 400', and have been getting over 400' consistantly and accurately this past year with mega wide stuff. I recently threw a rival around 400', and my last PDGA tourney I averaged just under 1000 rated but putting is more important than every thing else so that's a topic for another thread:popcorn:

Typically bio fuzion beats in quicker for me too. Not always a lot and not every mold but in most cases it does. It's great plastic for the price. Trespass and renegade and escape are the ones I've noticed beat in a little faster than the fuzion and lucid. In molds like the truth and suspect the bio kind of holds up just as well or even better. Different molds come out softer or harder with the bio I think that has something to do with it.

Who said the classic truth wasn't used by any pros? It's for sale in a lot of stores in the US but I can't speak to your location. Different things get sold in different parts of the world. Lat64 is also running 3 companies worth of discs so there was a wait on a new run of classic truths.
I may have been exaggerating a bit for statement purposes, but it is quite rare to see them in the Trilogy ITB and for sure EMac, JohnE and Feldie are not using one.

What comes to the availability, Infinite, Marshall Street and all European resellers are showing either empty stocks or don't even have the classic on the lists.

So sure, it could be available somewhere and some local pros surely use it, but when compared to KC/DX Roc, Prodigy Mx in 300-series or even Zero Mace, the Classic Truth seems to be hard to come by.

I may have been exaggerating a bit for statement purposes, but it is quite rare to see them in the Trilogy ITB and for sure EMac, JohnE and Feldie are not using one.

What comes to the availability, Infinite, Marshall Street and all European resellers are showing either empty stocks or don't even have the classic on the lists.

So sure, it could be available somewhere and some local pros surely use it, but when compared to KC/DX Roc, Prodigy Mx in 300-series or even Zero Mace, the Classic Truth seems to be hard to come by.

Well Feldberg was a Roc guy so it's not a shock to me that he doesn't throw a Truth at all and is throwing the Mace. JohnE hasn't solidified his bag yet so it's possible he uses a truth but I think he was also more of a beaded mid thrower I'm not sure. Emac was always a Z Buzzz guy so when moving to the Truth he kept to the premium plastic and that's not surprising either. So you're right that the top names don't seem to use them but that's a small percentage of open players.

https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Dynamic-Discs-Classic-Truth-p/6156.htm

Availability was an issue on these the last six months or so and that's probably what sparked the incorrect rumor that these were OOP. They're not. They are in high demand and they just hadn't been run and shipped to the US for a while.

Not a big fan of the air truth and the above is why. Mine is the most stable truth I have and I have them in all plastics and usually several. It's probably over 60 now total for that mold I got another fuzion today. It's cool to have a workhorse mid in an air lightweight plastic but they aren't consistent for me like the lucid, fuzion, bio, etc. They are super flat and most even concave and mine is almost proto verdict stable at times but not quite. Except you can't count on that stability into the wind obviously. I've just been playing with it a lot this winter and I'm glad I only got two of them. I'll be going back to heavy weight truths in the spring and the consistency.

Timeframe for Retro and Prime? I'd love some Prime Verdicts actually to see how they beat in. At the very least Prime Suspects and Truths.

Prime is coming out in Finland on February 1 as a beginner friendly three disc set (Judge, Truth, Witness). Same for Lat64 and their Retro line (Pure, Claymore, Saint).

Prime is coming out in Finland on February 1 as a beginner friendly three disc set (Judge, Truth, Witness). Same for Lat64 and their Retro line (Pure, Claymore, Saint).

Nice, I hope they continue to make more molds then these 6.

Don't quote me but I think the prime starter set 3 packs will be online at DD this Friday. Just what a few people have said.