• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Commander Backpack

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
It says 119.99 on the page. It looks like a sorta stripped down Flak X to me. Though the Flak X is a nice bag to imitate.

Dunno. They're all looking nice.

Last edited:
Very boxy looking. With the shape/configuration of the water bottle and gear pockets, it looks like someone just started with a fade tourney bag and took the putter pocket off the front and moved it above the discs to make a backpack frame

I haven't purchased a name-brand disc golf backpack yet but I'll probably end up getting this one. Good price point, nice-layout, seems to be like decent material, etc.

Very boxy looking. With the shape/configuration of the water bottle and gear pockets, it looks like someone just started with a fade tourney bag and took the putter pocket off the front and moved it above the discs to make a backpack frame
I think this bag will be very popular and sell well for this exact reason/observation.

I'm not the biggest fan of front-loading bags and I've (for a long time now) said that someone (other than Gateway and MR) should make a reasonably sized, top-loading, backpack styled bag. Make it like a traditional top-loader, but make it a better fit as a backpack as opposed to using quad straps which cause the bag to ride lower on the back. Easy to get to discs, comfortable, but still with reasonably functional storage space.

I think this one will be a winner.

I'm not the biggest fan of front-loading bags and I've (for a long time now) said that someone (other than Gateway and MR) should make a reasonably sized, top-loading, backpack styled bag. Make it like a traditional top-loader, but make it a better fit as a backpack as opposed to using quad straps which cause the bag to ride lower on the back. Easy to get to discs, comfortable, but still with reasonably functional storage space.

I had a gateway standard backpack bag before I bought my gripeq bag, and agree with all the things you said here. I love how they made this one a top loader. The one thing I don't like about my gripeq - the first run model - is that the discs at the very ends of the main compartment are difficult to get in and out.

I seriously would consider this bag if I was to do it all over again.

I have a ranger that's always been too much for me and this looks like it'll be a great replacement. I'm going to wait til they release it in 7,236 different colors so I can really choose the one that I want.

Picked one up from Disc Nation literally 10 minutes after they unpacked them. I've played 2 rounds with it. It's lighter than my Ranger. The same amount of discs(22-4 putters, 5 mids, and probably too many drivers/fairways) fit better. It's very easy to pull a disc out. A little bummed about there not being a rain fly. But where I play, we rarely get rained on anyway. The straps are wider and more comfortable than my Ranger also. Sits up on my stool really well. The vertical pockets are suprisingly roomy. I had sunblock bug spray an extra towel, and a baseball in one side. Wallet, markers, extra minis, and a couple cliff bars in the other with plenty of room for more stuff. Really like it.

You fit 22 in your Ranger? I can only fit 18 :l 3 putters, 5 mids, 6 fairways, 3 "control" and a utility.

I do like how these look more than the Ranger. Especially the open disc place. No more squeezing Vipers and Comets in...

But. Ranger is good enough.

I wish the main storage had a divider so I could carry a 12-14 disc layout...

I love top loading designs but I want something smaller.