• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Commander Backpack

I put this pic on reddit so I feel like I am re-posting but my old bag was the Target DIY bag---it was cool but wanted something a little bit Nicer.

The commander bag is legit holds at least 4-7 more disc than my DIY bag. Feels very rugged like it is going to withstand the nature. The small side pockets does not hold my Iphone 6+ but one of the putter pockets do so I am super happy about that. The big pockets are pretty spacious but I haven't tried shoving a sweater in there yet(has to be a light one to fit I bet).

Bigger than my DIY Bag but feels lighter even with the couple of extra disc I added. Also when I bend over to pick up something my disc don't go flying out the bag anymore.

Only annoyance to me is the flap that covers the disc which takes rolling it up and tucking it in the "pocket" it has. Someone suggested just pushing it behind disc but I found that just as annoying.

Overall Satisfaction Rating: 9/10

Attachments

• NqCs3OZ.jpg
    NqCs3OZ.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 274
You fit 22 in your Ranger? I can only fit 18 :l 3 putters, 5 mids, 6 fairways, 3 "control" and a utility.

I do like how these look more than the Ranger. Especially the open disc place. No more squeezing Vipers and Comets in...

But. Ranger is good enough.

Well I had 2-3 in the top pocket.

I put this pic on reddit so I feel like I am re-posting but my old bag was the Target DIY bag---it was cool but wanted something a little bit Nicer.

The commander bag is legit holds at least 4-7 more disc than my DIY bag. Feels very rugged like it is going to withstand the nature. The small side pockets does not hold my Iphone 6+ but one of the putter pockets do so I am super happy about that. The big pockets are pretty spacious but I haven't tried shoving a sweater in there yet(has to be a light one to fit I bet).

Bigger than my DIY Bag but feels lighter even with the couple of extra disc I added. Also when I bend over to pick up something my disc don't go flying out the bag anymore.

Only annoyance to me is the flap that covers the disc which takes rolling it up and tucking it in the "pocket" it has. Someone suggested just pushing it behind disc but I found that just as annoying.

Overall Satisfaction Rating: 9/10

Yeah I tried the cover rolled up, and tucked behind. I prefer it tucked to the back of the compartment. My only complaint is no rain fly. I suspect that DD will put one out that hopefully will work on these first release bags.

Well I finally pulled the trigger on a Backpack and got this bad mama ordered. I never thought the $200+ bags were worth the price to me plus I was always concerned with the front loaders ease of access. This seemed like a perfect combo for me so I couldn't pass it up.

My gf ordered me one. Got it thursday, have played 3 rounds (18, 23, & 24 holes) and I feel like I've barely been out. It fits everything (8 drivers, 6 mids, and 4 putters) with room to spare. The top pockets are taking some getting used to, and I had to reshape a putter as a result of loading them wrong. I'd give it a 9/10. (As a disclaimer, this is my first backpack. How should I be loading the putter pocket?)

I bought one a few weeks ago and have played probably 20 or so rounds with it. It's awesome. Everything I could ever want out of a bag. One of the concerns was the signifigantly less padding on the straps in comparison to other bags of similar price like the Fossa Tanna Pro. Have to say, I load the thing up and stuff it full and I just don't think additional padding is really needed. Nothing on my shoulders feel like they are even close to chaifing or anything like that. Construction is very solid and the rubber feet and rigid bottom help with the balance when I set it on the ground. It rarely tips over unless its on really steep slopes where I feel most any bag would tip. It rides perfectly on my back and I've never felt sore unlike the backpack strap/Lat64 Pro setup I had before.

Soooo....I see myself owning this for a long time. And with that, there's a fair amount of real estate for iron-on patches. Anyone do that with this kind of nylon? Any tips or advice?

^^^be careful not to get the iron too hot. It will start to melt, otherwise just hold it on to get started then move the heat around.

As far as the bag goes, got one at the GBO and I really like it. It feels heavy when lifting it off the group, but after you get it on, it's great. The only thing I don't care for is the big side pocket zippers. They seem to be ready to bust at any time.

^^^be careful not to get the iron too hot. It will start to melt, otherwise just hold it on to get started then move the heat around.

As far as the bag goes, got one at the GBO and I really like it. It feels heavy when lifting it off the group, but after you get it on, it's great. The only thing I don't care for is the big side pocket zippers. They seem to be ready to bust at any time.

I did a Google search after making that last post (why didn't I think of that first?) and found a few places suggesting fabric glue which is the route I think I will go. Me + iron = probably a bad idea.

But the more I use the bag I find pretty much the same thing as you did on the big side pockets. They seem like a good spot to store stuff so long as it isn't ... Thick? So items like a golden retriever, bug spray, extra towel and so on are well suited for that compartment but a thick sweatshirt definitely ISN'T.

-Dave

I did a Google search after making that last post (why didn't I think of that first?) and found a few places suggesting fabric glue which is the route I think I will go. Me + iron = probably a bad idea.

But the more I use the bag I find pretty much the same thing as you did on the big side pockets. They seem like a good spot to store stuff so long as it isn't ... Thick? So items like a golden retriever, bug spray, extra towel and so on are well suited for that compartment but a thick sweatshirt definitely ISN'T.

-Dave
Yea I've noticed that from the pictures I've seen the pockets bulge a lot when bulky items are placed in them. Maybe extending pockets would be a good idea on the next rev to the bag.

I just got one this week, it's my first backpack style, so I can't compare it to others. A friend won it at a tournament and didn't want it (he's got a rolling cart thing) and sold it to me cheap. 20 discs fit in the main pocket easily. 8 of the discs in my main compartment are putters and mids, but they still all fit easily, and it's easy to pull them in and out. I'm one of those weird guys that never take my phone or wallet of my person, so I've filled the side pockets withs pens, sharpies and disc lights. I've got a few backup discs in the vertical compartments, also have some towels and a retriever. I carried it around with two full nalgenes just to put a lot of weight on it, and it was comfortable that way. The straps feel nice and it rides well.
The flap on the main compartment really needs a place it can easily be put out of the way (like the Velcro on their other bags). If you put a stool on the side of it it sticks up kinda tall. It rides ok, and isn't going anywhere! And the bag holds it in place without you using the Velcro strap on the stool. The stool mainly just looks a little awkward.

I had a zipper break on myour Commander
..anyone have tips on how to fix it? I emailed DD about warranty info and got no response. Any help here is greatly appreciated and thanks ahead of time!

this is already on my christmas list. the wife asked me to tell her when i saw something worth mentioning. this backpack was worth a mention. :p

I just got my GBO edition commander a little over a week ago. Played 6 or 7 rounds with it so far. I love it. Plenty of storage, plenty of water, high putter pockets, open design... I can see the lack of rainfly being poor for someone who must play a tournament no matter the weather, but otherwise I find this bag to be great!

I had a zipper break on myour Commander

..anyone have tips on how to fix it? I emailed DD about warranty info and got no response. Any help here is greatly appreciated and thanks ahead of time!

DD and Ogio are pretty good about warranty repairs. If the zipper is broke, you need to get them to fix it. I'm not sure on the details of the warranty, but zippers often are not covered as long as other components (I know this is true with most tents and camping backpacks), so you want to get that done right away.

That said, I had the threads come out on the end of the strap that holds the chair in. For something that simple I just had a friend see it back, I didn't want to deal with the trouble of getting sent off and it repaired.

A good friend of mine recently got the OOP L64 Lux E2 and had some stitching fail within the first two months. Seems like a negative, however, Dynamic's customer service most definitely make this a positive! Can confirm, DD customer support is great!

Latest posts