• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Convict

So it really is comparable to the Saint Pro like Dixon said on the video?

I already bag the StPro but I was hoping the Convict would be a bit faster and more OS. I'm pretty much all in on the StPro already so switching over would take something really special.

Is the convict closer to an Escape or a Felon in terms of stability.

Can anyone do a profile pic between the 3, that'd be dope

So it really is comparable to the Saint Pro like Dixon said on the video?

I already bag the StPro but I was hoping the Convict would be a bit faster and more OS. I'm pretty much all in on the StPro already so switching over would take something really special.

It is realllllly close. I bag both atm, and I'm not throwing the StPro as much. To me the StPro seems to have more glide.

Is the convict closer to an Escape or a Felon in terms of stability.

Can anyone do a profile pic between the 3, that'd be dope

Depends which ones ... but generally, I think it's closer to an Escape.

I use MS Escapes & Proto Felons and the Lucid Convict seems to perfectly fit right in the middle of those.

I'm having a hard time with the 9 speed rating of the convict. I'd say 8 at most. The Saint Pro is a much faster disc IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like the Convict so far, but not as much distance potential as the Saint Pro. It also has more fade on the end of it. I'd say it's more like a Felon than the Saint Pro. I could really see both disc's having a spot in somebody's bag...but would probably pair the Convict with a Saint or Escape, rather than the Saint Pro.

Compared to a saint pro I'd say the convict has a little less glide and a little more fade. The HSS is very similar. Rim width is in line with other speed 9 disc but the blunt nose does seem to slow it down a tad.

I'm throwing mine about the exact same distance as a champ thunderbird with the convict having more lateral movement. I can get another 15 feet or so out of a gstar thunderbird.

What comes to stability, the Felon is by far the most OS of the bunch. The Convict would be a bit closer to the Escape than a Felon in terms of stability.

Feelwise the Convict is definitely closer to the Felon.

What comes to stability, the Felon is by far the most OS of the bunch. The Convict would be a bit closer to the Escape than a Felon in terms of stability.

Feelwise the Convict is definitely closer to the Felon.

Thanks a bunch. I appreciate you taking the time to throw those pics up. :clap:

Helps in the decision making process.

Im loving this disc so much . I have teo currently. Really straight for my power 400'. It reminds me of the FD but with a little less glide which really helps me control the distance of my shots. My only fairways now are 3 Felons and 2 convicts and a beat Saint. It covers every fairway shot I need

Excellent write up, onemilemore. I read it on the Facebook today. Appreciate your insights. :clap::thmbup:

This is not a direct solicitation for a sale, but I have been sitting on an Am World's Lucid Convict, 9.9/10, that I cannot move. I had another one and determined that it was not the right disc for me and could only move it at 10 dollars.

Is it a good disc? Does it just not have enough word of mouth to generate interest?

I generally hate overstable discs, prefering to rely on stable and I will adjust accordingly for the wind, but I thought I would give it a go for my horrendous, hilarious attempt at a forehand. It did not take long for me to pass on it. I suppose after seasoning it in it would turn into a decent backhand disc. However, I can push a Thunderbird out to 380 on a straight line even into moderate headwind; that is as overstable as I need to go for my game.

I suppose after seasoning it in it would turn into a decent backhand disc. However, I can push a Thunderbird out to 380 on a straight line even into moderate headwind; that is as overstable as I need to go for my game.
Are you saying that your Convict is more OS than a Thunderbird, since that is not my experience at all? I have to admit I have only a limited experience with TBs, but especially compared to a C-PD the Convict is way less OS.

With my 375 arm, I can get a new convict to flex a little from flat and that is not at all the case with CPD or SPD.

What comes to the lack of demand, I think it is mostly due to the Convict being available only as a LE stamped version. Once the regular Fuzion/Lucid combo comes available, things should change.

Are you saying that your Convict is more OS than a Thunderbird, since that is not my experience at all? I have to admit I have only a limited experience with TBs, but especially compared to a C-PD the Convict is way less OS.

With my 375 arm, I can get a new convict to flex a little from flat and that is not at all the case with CPD or SPD.

What comes to the lack of demand, I think it is mostly due to the Convict being available only as a LE stamped version. Once the regular Fuzion/Lucid combo comes available, things should change.

I have 4 of the AM Worlds Convicts and 3 of them are significantly more understable than a Champ Thunderbird. I do have one purple sparkle that is extra gummy that is every bit as OS as a Felon, but it seems to be a fluke.

I really wanted to like the Convict because I love lucid plastic and I like the feel of the disc, but I have already given up on them. With the exception of the gummy one they are more understable than I had hoped they would be, and considering their stability they have terrible glide. The poor glide puts them in competition with 7 and 8 speed fairway drivers where there are plenty of better options.

Any faster arm speeds compared these with champ thunderbirds.

Currently, the thunderbird sits above my saint pros. The thunderbird is just as long but penetrates wind better while still having a smallish rim to grip.

It sounded like the convicts were going to be similar to the the discmania pd's and thunderbirds.

There is not a one term fits all on how the Convict compares to Thunderbirds. The Convict had considerable more turn when torque was applied but had a stronger, dumping fade. While the Thunderbird had a smoother, straighter flight, the Convict had very pronounced lateral movement on both ends of its flight. It was not something I could dial in or depend on. Again, this was for my below-average attempts to throw forehand. For backhands, I prefer the perfectly neutral, stable flight you will find in Gazelles, TeeBirds, and Thunderbirds. I have 400+ foot power, but when trying to go for precision in the 280-350 range in which most baskets sit, I would prefer understable over overstable if I had no other choice.

Any more new info or opinions?
I generally use a saint/saint pro combo.
I also carry a PD for a little more HHS on very windy days
I also carry a xxx for a utility.
I was hoping for a disc to slot right in between my Saint Pro and xxx.
This sounds like what I want.

I feel like the Saint Pro/Convict can really fill the same slot on most peoples bags. Saint pro to me has slightly more HSS but the Convict has more LSS. Its like comparing a Teebird to an Eagle.