• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Convict

What I meant was 3 on low speed fade. High speed turn seems like -1.5-2. Somewhere in there.

Ok, that makes sense. But BTW what the hell is with DD saying -0.5 when it's clearly a -1 or greater? On a lot of discs they like the half point system?

Ok, that makes sense. But BTW what the hell is with DD saying -0.5 when it's clearly a -1 or greater? On a lot of discs they like the half point system?

IDK. The turn on the Convict is at least -1, maybe even -2. I don't like half point numbering systems. I find it annoying. I think a lot of Westside's discs are wrongly numbered for turn and fade too. IDK what sallies they have throwing these discs to generate those numbers, but Kings and Destinies have at LEAST -3 turn.

The Convict is actually a very good fairway driver, but I wish it had a bit less turn. Sometimes it just tends to get away from you on a hard throw. Also makes it very hard to use in wind.

IDK. The turn on the Convict is at least -1, maybe even -2. I don't like half point numbering systems. I find it annoying. I think a lot of Westside's discs are wrongly numbered for turn and fade too. IDK what sallies they have throwing these discs to generate those numbers, but Kings and Destinies have at LEAST -3 turn.

The Convict is actually a very good fairway driver, but I wish it had a bit less turn. Sometimes it just tends to get away from you on a hard throw. Also makes it very hard to use in wind.
The wind is my issue. nd it's rarely calm enough to not affect the convict, I do like it but I think I'm moving on to something else. IDK just not for me.

The wind is my issue. nd it's rarely calm enough to not affect the convict, I do like it but I think I'm moving on to something else. IDK just not for me.

I love the Convict but this is why I dont throw it much. It gets pretty unreliable in any amount of wind. I originally had it in the bag as a Thunderbird replacement, and at first it was, but it quickly became more of a seasoned Sandstrom Valkyrie

Yeah I've never thrown a disc that seems to be as nice and straight as the Convict that hates wind so much. I trust my FD more in the same wind because at least it has the same characteristics amplified, whereas the Convict might kind of hold or might flip into oblivion, while in calm it can take a lot of power and fly nice.

Even Felons flip hard in wind, but at least they have enough LSS to come back or at minimum pan out at the end.

I love the Convict but this is why I dont throw it much. It gets pretty unreliable in any amount of wind. I originally had it in the bag as a Thunderbird replacement, and at first it was, but it quickly became more of a seasoned Sandstrom Valkyrie

Yeah, the Convict is simply dead accurate in calm conditions. Any sort of breeze tends to toss it around pretty bad though.

I won't bag one. I enjoy throwing it, but I'd probably toss a Thunderbird in over a Convict.

That said, I still think its one of Dynamic's better offerings. I'm not at all a fan of any of their really flippy fairway drivers. The only DD disc in my bag is the Truth. That thing is legit.

Yeah, the Convict is simply dead accurate in calm conditions. Any sort of breeze tends to toss it around pretty bad though.

I won't bag one. I enjoy throwing it, but I'd probably toss a Thunderbird in over a Convict.

That said, I still think its one of Dynamic's better offerings. I'm not at all a fan of any of their really flippy fairway drivers. The only DD disc in my bag is the Truth. That thing is legit.

I like their Thief for straight fairway shots and turnovers, but I'm actually hoping the Maverick is my neutral to US fairway that I've been waiting for.

I got Grippenripp's old Convict and gave it a few tosses in the field today alongside a couple of Heats. It's got more LSS than the Heats but it ain't as noticeably more OS than I thought it would be. It strikes me as a driver that would be more useful in the woods than in the open. It's kind of blunt which makes it slower and more susceptible to wind compared to PD/Thunderbird/OLF type drivers but it feels controllable for this speed.

I got Grippenripp's old Convict and gave it a few tosses in the field today alongside a couple of Heats. It's got more LSS than the Heats but it ain't as noticeably more OS than I thought it would be. It strikes me as a driver that would be more useful in the woods than in the open. It's kind of blunt which makes it slower and more susceptible to wind compared to PD/Thunderbird/OLF type drivers but it feels controllable for this speed.

Hope you're enjoying it man, don't forget I still got the Escape and a Felon up for grabs. The Convict ain't terrible, just inconsistent its literally will do different things on the same throw and was just way too right moving for me.

Just got a stack of Lucid-X and Hybrid discs in the mail. . .and WOW the Lucid-x Convict is perfect :)

Lucid-x feels like a hard Champion with the grip of Discrafts ZFLX. . . early to say, but for now i think the Lucid-x is the best plastic out there

Another convict to keep an eye out for is any gummy metal flake ones. I have a tournament stamped metal flake convict that is FAF that is a laser beam even in a decent headwind. It is my most trusted overstable fairway for when I do not want it to turn over but still want to push it out there. Great grip too.

Another convict to keep an eye out for is any gummy metal flake ones. I have a tournament stamped metal flake convict that is FAF that is a laser beam even in a decent headwind. It is my most trusted overstable fairway for when I do not want it to turn over but still want to push it out there. Great grip too.

It almost sounds like a fluid convict? I have a purple fluid convict with metal flakes that is super flat, supper gummy, and super beefy for a convict. It has an Am Worlds stamp on it.

The Fluid Am World Convict are more OS than many Felons. . very strange disc, but nice to have.

With a beat in Lucid, New Lucid, Lucid-x and Fluid Convict i have all the straight to OS shots i need in ONE mould

The Fluid Am World Convict are more OS than many Felons. . very strange disc, but nice to have.

With a beat in Lucid, New Lucid, Lucid-x and Fluid Convict i have all the straight to OS shots i need in ONE mould

How does that fluid and lucid X do in that slot? I've been thinking of pulling my 2 felons and trying those in their place

For me the Lucid-x is the perfect Convict, straight for 75% of the flight then a nice fade at the end. . .i have a hole on my local cource that is 260feet slight upphill
You have to throw staight for 200feet trough some trees and then the basket is up to the left. . a "normal" Convict gets me trough the gap in the trees but fades only 10-20feet, making my disc pin high but 40feet right of the basket.
The Lucid-x has more fade and get me to the basket.
The Fluid is more OS, i cant throw that thing straight for 200feet, it turns left direct out of my hand.

I Think the Lucid-x Convict and Bio Felon is close in flight. . .but The Lucid-x Convict feels better in my hands.
The Fluid Convict is as OS as a Lucid Felon,,at least

But i dont throw very far, i can get my Convict out to 300feet . . any longer and i use my Trespass

I'll have to give it a shot with my fluid convict first. I just wonder how the fluid plastic reacts to this summer heat.