• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Felon

yeah I find it hard to put xXx and flippy in the same screen much less the same sentence. I've got three opto xXx's that would make any FB blush. granted they are early runs and 172+. Did I miss something while I was gone?

I've bought several recently at max weight and they've all been as OS as my beefy glow firebirds. Not sure why people don't think it fills the FB slot.

Feel great in my hand. Really flat and overstable. It'll replace my trident and I'll be able to take out the saint pro. Neither of which I throw often but the Saint Pro just isn't overstable enough and the trident is predictable but leaves me wanting a little more glide and distance. The felon solves both of those isses and is slightly a sharper edge although not as much as a firebird. Just picked up the fuzion felon from the oppna player pack today and it feels great too. I'll keep it safe and keep using a proto lucid for now.

With an enforcer, felon, and verdict I really don't feel there is a headwind I can't play in when it gets nasty out. Gimme an overstable premium plastic putt and approach disc that has a microbead and I'll probably find a spot for that in the bag.

Can't wait for VIP Harp to be released, it should fill that OS approach slot .

Threw the proto Felon this weekend and it is a perfect 11x FB replacement. Flattop, executes all the same utility shots, and has that same great flight. Someone said it flies like a perfectly seasoned 11x FB and I agree.

Big-time thumbs up DD!

Saint Pro is not as OS as you would think, not suitable FB/Predator replacement at all imo.

I wasn't trying to replace my flat top 12x FB(which I will with the Felon), it was my 165g Domey FB that had more glide. And yes, my new 173g Lucid Saint Pro is a very good replacement for it. Down to 5 discs in my bag that aren't trilogy. I can't help that everyone of them I throw I fall in love with. If its a mental thing, I'm going to let it ride.

:p

Feel great in my hand. Really flat and overstable. It'll replace my trident and I'll be able to take out the saint pro. Neither of which I throw often but the Saint Pro just isn't overstable enough and the trident is predictable but leaves me wanting a little more glide and distance. The felon solves both of those isses and is slightly a sharper edge although not as much as a firebird. Just picked up the fuzion felon from the oppna player pack today and it feels great too. I'll keep it safe and keep using a proto lucid for now.

With an enforcer, felon, and verdict I really don't feel there is a headwind I can't play in when it gets nasty out. Gimme an overstable premium plastic putt and approach disc that has a microbead and I'll probably find a spot for that in the bag.
I... you.. wha.. huh? I am honestly not at all in agreement with your review. I can understand many of the others I don't jive with on here: many of them are slow arms that can't quite tell the difference between the truly OS plastic - the XXX, FB, Felons of the world all feel the same because they all just fall out like meathooks.

Your quote on the other hand about the Trident... I'm just thoroughly confused by. I keep a Trident in my bag because it is a straight long flying glidey disc without much turnover, and not much fade for a stable disc. The Felon is far more overstable and doesn't have nearly the glide of a Trident to my hand. I can rip a nice level 80% Trident out to 400 on a dead low-level straight line... A Felon would need 100%. Your review just confuzzled me.

He probably just meant more speed I'm guessing. Quicker to the punch, so to speak.
If that is true - then it makes some sense. I'd like to hear his rationale. :p I'm not disagreeing with his feel and his eye - but something just doesn't make sense to me. I'll always agree with well thought out rationale.

Will be released 9/12. There will be 1000 first run stamps and also stock stamps released.

Attachments

• Dynamic-Discs-First-Run-Lucid-Felon-Wholesale-Banner.jpg
    Dynamic-Discs-First-Run-Lucid-Felon-Wholesale-Banner.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Dynamic-Discs-Lucid-Felon-Wholesale-Banner.jpg
    Dynamic-Discs-Lucid-Felon-Wholesale-Banner.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 55
Your quote on the other hand about the Trident... I'm just thoroughly confused by. I keep a Trident in my bag because it is a straight long flying glidey disc without much turnover, and not much fade for a stable disc. The Felon is far more overstable and doesn't have nearly the glide of a Trident to my hand. I can rip a nice level 80% Trident out to 400 on a dead low-level straight line... A Felon would need 100%. Your review just confuzzled me.

Please video that 400 foot Trident throw and post it for us to watch.

I... you.. wha.. huh? I am honestly not at all in agreement with your review. I can understand many of the others I don't jive with on here: many of them are slow arms that can't quite tell the difference between the truly OS plastic - the XXX, FB, Felons of the world all feel the same because they all just fall out like meathooks.

I guess it could be confusing but I think I explained it all earlier in the thread or several other threads. I'm not comparing a trident and a felon at all. They really aren't all that similar. What it did was knock two discs out of my bag that I rarely use, that being the trident and Saint pro. The saint pro was only there because in headwinds when I really wanted to throw an escape but knew it would turn too much I used a saint pro but I never really clicked with it.

The trident I really enjoy and always had one in whatever bag I was using but it was a very situational disc for me that didn't get used much so I found myself wanting a similar disc that was more versatile for other lines. It just doesn't quite have the speed or glide that I felt would make it that for me. It's very good at what it does but the with the felon I can cover that by powering it down and I can also get more distance and glide. So I guess that's where we differ is I get more glide from a felon than the trident. Maybe we just have different tridents but I also don't throw them 400 feet. Mine are all old runs that are opto and very flat. Concave actually. Also yes the felon is more overstable for me too. It's more in between the XXX and Trident for me stability wise which is perfect. I never liked the XXX and like I said the Trident just has me wishing it had more uses. So I got that now in the felon. Wasn't saying anyone should replace a Trident with a Felon just that now that I have one I can lose two other molds from the bag that I don't use enough.

I have two Protos coming, and I am very excited. How is everyone liking their Felons? Any updates?

I cant wait to get my 2 felons...it will defintally kick out my xxx and trident...i would suggest taking another look at the saint pro for just a more slightly overstable fairway driver...its not as overstable as people think and they fly more like a slightly faster teebird....i have 5 saint pros in the bag right now because im attempting to break in a few...i have 2 that are flying dead straight right now...i mean now turn or fade at all...beautiful flight and i cant wait till they get understable

I picked up a 173 Prototype Felon last week and took it to the field with a Glow Champ FB (172), Enforcer, Trident, and XXX.

I threw thumbers, flicks and backhand. And on 90% of the throws, the Felon was within 7 feet of the Glow Champ FB. Didn't matter how I threw it.

The main difference is that the FB is super stiff, while the Felon is nice and grippy, like all lucid/vip/opto plastic.

In every throw, the Felon went further than the XXX, and the Trident tended to have similar distance, but was clearly less stable than the Felon.

I swear I can read-I just somehow missed the post that said the release date :doh:

FRIDAY! FRIDAY! GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY!

Does the Freedom release this week too? Haven't really heard much lately.

FRIDAY! FRIDAY! GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY!

Does the Freedom release this week too? Haven't really heard much lately.

There is no release date set on the freedom and it might not be. I haven't really asked anyone specifics but the rumor was the feedback of tester protos wasn't what was wanted.

Latest posts