• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Felon

There is no release date set on the freedom and it might not be. I haven't really asked anyone specifics but the rumor was the feedback of tester protos wasn't what was wanted.

Good, I already have enough plastic to buy as it is.:clap:

Grabbed a sparkle Lucid from Mst tonight. Plastic feels ridiculous. Disc is nice and flat and feels good in my small (my wife says they're just fine!) hands. I hope to get some throws this week. Very excited about the feel though.

Got 2 at DD Lewisville yesterday. Damn Swedish plastic always has more glide that you think it will. My 175g flies fairly similar to my 12x Flatbird but it can def get a little more distance with it having more glide. I can tell theres going to be some growing pains learning to power down on some shots, I'm just so used to having to muscle my FB to get any distance before it hooks.

As for my 167g Felon, its what I thought a Saint Pro would be. Plenty overstable, if you throw it right it will go straight as an arrow before dumping at lower speed. Going to be great for intermediate FH drives.

Is the Felon a FB replacement? Could be, but I wouldn't take the FB out of your bag till you learn how to throw the Felon right. I made that mistake at mixed doubles yesterday:doh:.

Slightly faster, less overstable firebird that still has a nice blunt nose/comfy rim and pretty flat top? For those that don't only want that FAF/xXx meathook overstability this sounds like a good domey firebird/predator-esque overstable fairway driver.

So this sounds like a slightly more HSS predator...

Depends on your predator but I'd say that's pretty accurate. I always loved the flight of a predator and hated the feel of it. Basically that sharp bottom that grooves into your finger slots. I don't know the scientific term. :D

The felon feels nothing like a predator though so that's a positive for me. I dig it. Definitely not what I expected when I thought OS escape but that's good because it fills another big need and still leaves room for that Escape Pro. :hfive:

My 174g Sparkle Felon is crazy OS. It is very similar to my old FLX Pred. I agree with Steeze that DD has a hole to fill in between the Escape and Felon. A Thunderbird type disc would be perfect.

Is it just me, or is the Felon the closest thing to an old candy Pro Firebird ever?!
The lucid plastic feels very very similar, and mine is very flat like my candy Pro FB. Other than the Pure, this is my favorite Trilogy disc so far.

My 174g Sparkle Felon is crazy OS. It is very similar to my old FLX Pred. I agree with Steeze that DD has a hole to fill in between the Escape and Felon. A Thunderbird type disc would be perfect.

Need an Escape Pro...so to speak. Would the Saint Pro fill the gap? Seems that the Felon and Escape may share some mold parts (Like the Firebird/PD/OLF do) Not sure if the rim width is identical to the Saint Pro and Saint.

Need an Escape Pro...so to speak. Would the Saint Pro fill the gap? Seems that the Felon and Escape may share some mold parts (Like the Firebird/PD/OLF do) Not sure if the rim width is identical to the Saint Pro and Saint.

I'd be very surprised if the escape and felon shared anything as far as a top or bottom. I can almost promise you they don't. I believe it's a mold designed from the ground up but might share some with the trident or XXX. Saint Pro would fit between the Escape and Felon in terms of stability but I personally don't enjoy the Saint Pro enough to keep one in the bag anymore. Just never felt right to me after the first round. Something that can mirror the relationship that the Verdict and Truth have but with the Escape would be exactly what I want. I want it to basically feel the same in the hand but handle a nice medium headwind while still finishing hard left.

I threw this today in the park alongside an H1 and 12x champ Firebird. All discs around 172-175g.

The Felon is a sweet disc. I really love the lucid plastic and the overall feel in the hands. It was definitely the most comfortable of all the discs.

Flightwise, it's mildly less stable than the Firebird, with a touch more glide. Into a 15 mph headwind it had a very slight turn, where the Firebird was just about straight. Both discs had a very good fade at the end. Even if flexed, the Felon would come back to finish with the fade.

The Felon consistently got the most distance for me between those discs, but only by a six feet or so.

Nice disc, could definitely replace the Firebird in my bag but there are small differences between the two.

Now that I've had time to adjust, I'm loving these discs. I was just so used to having to muscle my FB to get it to go anywhere, its nice to have a little easier to throw version of one. The 175g is for what you'd use a FB for, but my 167g is a forehanders wet dream.

I attended a DD Chasin the Chains event and picked a Felon as my premium disc. WOW! What a great disc!

Firebirds have been a stable in my bag for a long time, but I've never been able to do more than expect it to uber-hyzer right out of my hand. Couldn't even really overhand it either.

The Felon is a godsend for me. It's still a beefy-bastard, but it's more controllable and a better all-around disc. Skips, flicks, overhand, EVERYTHING! I love it! I've got a 172g and I'm going to get a lightweight one for Forehanding it. HIGHLY recommend the Felon if you're looking for a longer Firebird.

Got a 167g and I am in love. Very workable and flat. Great disc, everyone should get a light one.

My 172 still feels a little on the super beefy side. I should try out a lighter weight one to see if it can turn into a better all-around driver, rather than just a utility/headwind disc.

My 172 still feels a little on the super beefy side. I should try out a lighter weight one to see if it can turn into a better all-around driver, rather than just a utility/headwind disc.

My 174 sparkle is stupid stable. The 167 is flatter, gummier, and more like a perfectly beat Firebird. It still wont turn over, which is a good thing, and fights out of anny releases.

I am absolutely impressed with this disc.
I bag a 170 Proto and a 174 Stock. Both flat.

Wonderfully high speed stable with strong fade and skip. I no longer bag a XXX (granted I used to carry a 170 GL...so the 2 Felon combo covers the shots).

I find I can get more distance than my XXX but still with the Hyzer finish. It makes the disc more useable for me.
It has paired nicely with my Saint Pro which just isn't as high speed stable as needed and not necessarily as low speed stable either.

The Felon is a great BH and FH disc.

I haven't thrown a FB in years but I don't think the Felon new is the same as a FAF FB tank but more like a good seasoned one.

Home run with this disc.

i was pretty close to taking out a pd with my 12x and felon but didnt. for me the felon felt in hand like a gummy FAF FB, but the flight was pretty similar to the 12x. it might be comparable to a cpd after some wear but that all depends on the run of PD you have.