• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Felon

I only throw about 300' right now.
I typically use a saint or saint pro as my main drivers.
I carry a Villian (or a PD sometimes) for my overstable high wind disc.
but I don't like the bigger rim.
I prefer something closer to a 9 speed in size.
I have a FAF Glow Firebird, but is too overstable for what I want in this slot.
I am looking for a disc that will fight wind, and is guaranteed to fade harder than my saint pro, but will still go some where when I throw it.
Will the Felon be what I am after?
Is it between a domey firebird and my saint pro for stability?
Does it dump at the end, or just fade really hard?

Is it between a domey firebird and my saint pro for stability?
The Felon is like the Firebird, in that the shape of the top matters. I have 2 Lucid Felons that are 167g, both are neither flat nor domey. Released flat and hard they fly 250' straight and then fade. They have never turned over into a headwind. I've noticed I'm getting faster flip over when throwing thumbers though as they've beat in. The nose of the Felon is sharper than a Firebird, I've always read this means less skip but my Felons are both skip machines.
Does it dump at the end, or just fade really hard?
I suppose this is subjective, but when mine stop flying flat their fade still carries forward significantly. I'd say they fade hard, roughly 45 degrees to that of its flat flight. My Enforcer dumps, with its landing flight path being nearly 90 degrees to that of its flat flight.

Ok I traded for a felon the other day, it's used and is now less stable. With a good snap I throw this disc 40 ft farther than my broken in firebirds. It flies with a slight turn and comes back at the end. Thrown on a hyzer it flips up. My new favorite disc

Loving the felon. I used to love predators but didn't like the way they felt forehand. To me the felon is like a flat 11x fire chicken and predator had a baby. I get a more glidey predator flight with a nice flat top comfortable feel in the hand.

I'm about to add a fresh felon. My first one has seasoned into a much longer a disc. Has a little turn at 85% but still has lots of fade.

Last edited:
The seasoned felon is a beautiful thing, I was carrying a fluid felon for a bit... Then came the spark... Now that I'm getting used to the spark, it's a tough call as I should be able to fill all the mid, Fairway control, OS shots between a verdict, justice, spark and beat felon.

When are Fuzion Felons going into production?
The Fuzion Felon released last week, I believe. I snagged one but haven't really had a chance to compare. My initial thought is that they fly straighter when new than the Lucids I've owned, but I haven't had a strong headwind day to compare HSS.

The seasoned felon is a beautiful thing, I was carrying a fluid felon for a bit... Then came the spark... Now that I'm getting used to the spark, it's a tough call as I should be able to fill all the mid, Fairway control, OS shots between a verdict, justice, spark and beat felon.
I hear ya, so many new OS molds. It makes me wonder if Latitude got fed up with all the moaning about "flippy Swedish plastic" and decided to shut those mouths for good. :D

I recently dropped the new StPro from the tourney bag since the beat in Felon is just better for that slot and is way more FH friendly if needed. Beat StPro is still very much safe for those straighter shots.

I also added a new Fuzion Felon for the true OS fairway slot. I'm interested to see how fast it beats into that "slight hyzer flip to straight with a strong fade" slot.

Ya, I wondered that too. Especially since all of the trilogy challenge molds turned out to be more overstable than advertised. I kind of wonder if they did that on purpose to flip the perception that their plastic is glidey us am plastic.

I have one of the earlier runs of the nice gummy sparkle felons, and that thing even after beating it in since release wants to hook up right out of your hand (@ 350' RHBH). Also have a brand new moonshine that is nice and stiff, and flies straight for 350' then had a nice fade (nothing to dramatic though). Now I need to convince the wife to let me get some fuzions...I'd only I didnt pick up 4 new Worlds...Don't get me started on those bad boys! :)

I have a 169 lucid sparkle Felon that is pretty beefy. I've got a handfull of rounds in with it (and some good tree hits) but it really hasn't lost any stability.

I was wondering if picking up a non-sparkle lucid would be a bit less stable and go straight a little further before the fade kicked in?

(Also, I'm still tossing the Felon alongside an opto Spark to try and narrow it down to one disc in this slot, and having a tough time deciding)

I bag one of the yellow first runs that were fingerprinty. I used it for thumbers primarily and powered down flicks, it has beaten in perfectly and is still a great thumber disc with perfect flight.

It has lost a ton of stability however and now flies like an Eagle does, has turn with a reliable fade. I still like it but probably need to bag a new one again...

Not a felon thrower but picked up a moonshine felon in a players pack this weekend. Looks like a special run blend (its got a blueish tint, not the normal "white" of a glow disc) - any idea what these should go for (max weight 10/10)?

Not a felon thrower but picked up a moonshine felon in a players pack this weekend. Looks like a special run blend (its got a blueish tint, not the normal "white" of a glow disc) - any idea what these should go for (max weight 10/10)?

Not sure what they go for, but if you still have it and you want to trade for a new 10/10 glow Sexton Firebird let me know.

I just picked up a Fluid Felon (170g) and it continues in the tradition of Fluid/Frost plastics being more stable than VIP. In my experience Fluid plastic also tends to produce domier discs in most molds, but my Fluid Felon is very flat. Much flatter than my VIPs. Also the plastic feels amazing.

How much more distance is everyone getting with this over the Justice?

The Justice's stability is great but i really have to crank on it to get any distance.

Different animals, my felon is a driver, come out of the bag when I need reliable finish and some decent D, the Justice is a shot shaping meat hook used for utility approaches and driving specific lines, now the spark... That's a fair comparison and for me Sits right in between, I love the spark for control shots I use to use a mid for but now prefer it for its consistency. Most OS... Justice, fluid felon, spark, felon

Just picked up an official license dyemax Captain America Felon. Oh the ironing! But seriously, hope to give this a try soon. Was going to head out today but my dg buds couldn't make it out after work. It's also hard to go to a few courses around here lately as they are all almost water logged marshes at this point. Many of the holes are completely unplayable. Anyone else trying throw one yet?

Carrying three Felons now.

Seasoned 175g VIP - barely turns and barely fades out to 350. Ive never seasoned an OS disc this far and its fxing magic.

Max weight blue sparkle vip - regular Felon duties.

170g fluid - ranging, wind Felon duties.

I have a fuzion felon incoming and would love to get my hands on a seafoam glow felon (or 3).