• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs, Latitude 64, and Westside Discs "Buyback" Affiliate Program

Key thing is that retailers aren't being forced to do this. That's why it's an "affiliate" program.

If a store is willing to buy back or offer some sort of return policy, that's on the store management. They can do that with or without manufacturer permission. But if they do have a return policy, all this program means is they get to slap a fancy "Dynamic approved" tag on it.

This isn't a big deal. At all.

Fair enough.

Just to be devil's advocate... Buy three Prime Judges, turn around and "Return" them for the most expensive thing you can get? Seems sketchy. "I'll take two McBeth signature Destroyers and a Sexton signature DD for $8 a piece please."

I'm guessing the actual policy indicates trading for discs of equal or lower retail price.

I think it's really smart because it entices the buyer to try a trilogy disc BEFORE any other brand. There's no risk.

I'm guessing the actual policy indicates trading for discs of equal or lower retail price.

It says "whatever disc you want in the store of any brand" I would hope they don't allow that kind of loophole, but it seems easy enough to scam...

However, if it is equal or lesser value, it's a great idea. I would definitely have used this on a few Trilogy purchases.

His voice is fine. It's on the higher side but that's perfectly okay. He is knowledgeable and loves the sport and it shows. I dig Cool Daddy Slick Breeze! His beats are nice too. DD is blessed.:D

Is there stopping someone from buying, for example, an identical orange opto Saint to one they already own. And then, after a good dawn scrub, "returning" their old, beat one that has become flippy. The retailer can't call them a liar when they try to return that chunked up disc if they insist it is the same one. "But, I am not satisfied because it took damage THIS quickly!!"

Or am I missing the point entirely?

Last edited:
I'm sure they are hoping people aren't scrubs and abuse the program. It sounds like an innovative idea and I applaude them for it.

Didn't anyone else notice that the text shown says they'll "buy back the disc at full purchase price" yet the voice over says "we'll replace it with whatever disc you want".

Not The Same Thing.

I'm sure they are hoping people aren't scrubs and abuse the program. It sounds like an innovative idea and I applaude them for it.

Yeah, they can hope a lot of things. But the retail world brings out the sleaze. And thieves seize on opportunity. Hopefully my concern does not come to fruition.

Just seems to me, if you don't like a disc you bought, suck it up. Sell it for a few bucks less. Store it until a later date when it might fit your game better. Give it to a friend. Trade it. And save everyone the hassle. But I do see that Trilogy's heart is in the right place. That is nice to know.

This seems to be about "Customer Service"......giving the customer a fail safe on any discs they purchase....since I have been in the Hospitality Industry for over 30 years, I get it...

Sure there will be scammers, but scammers will find a way to scam regardless of policy...based on my own personal experience, I feel MOST folks are basically honest.

Is there a financial benefit to the retailers that participate? YES....repeat business and happy customers...those two things will offset most, if not all scamming going on....

This seems to be about "Customer Service"......

Only slightly off topic, but have you noticed that DG's notion of customer service ALWAYS includes sh^t going haywire?

"Retailer X shipped me the wrong disc twice, and on the third try they got it right. Can't say enough about this excellent customer service!"

But a business does the right thing first time, completely invisible. A smart DG business would screw up constantly and be hands-folded happy to make it right.

This seems to be about "Customer Service"......giving the customer a fail safe on any discs they purchase....since I have been in the Hospitality Industry for over 30 years, I get it...

Sure there will be scammers, but scammers will find a way to scam regardless of policy...based on my own personal experience, I feel MOST folks are basically honest.

Is there a financial benefit to the retailers that participate? YES....repeat business and happy customers...those two things will offset most, if not all scamming going on....

Yup, good post. They should have a pretty good idea that scams will happen and will have carefully weighed the advantages to loss. Open return policies are common in retail and surely have a percentage of scam cost built in.

Why does a retailer need DDs word to do something like this if its such a great idea in the first place? Seems like we should all just be able to return discs we purchase at whatever retail store if it truly would be such a good thing for business. 30 years in the hospitality industry sometimes makes you forget the customer ISNT always right ;)

Trilogy also might want to have discs fly like advertised flight #s

Be interesting to see which (if any) local retailers get on board with this program. :)
:popcorn:

Latest posts