• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Latitude 64: The new Innova? (Westside/Kastaplast issues)

BillFleming

* Ace Member *
So, Latitude 64 has gotten manufacturing control of Westside and Kastaplast.

Along with Dynamic Discs, L64 bought out Westside and now makes their discs....or do they? Now L64 has partnered with Kastaplast to make their discs....or will they?

I've noticed that both Westside and Kastaplast discs are out of stock and have been that way for a while. Is L64 limiting both of those to focus on their own discs? Or did they buy/partner with them so they can get their market share?

I really hope L64's partnership doesn't spell the end of Kastaplast.

But it seems like L64 is trying to become the next Innova.

L64 has always made Westside. I just ordered a couple Kastaplast discs, not sure what you mean about out of stock.

I wanted to replace a Falk I lost....out of stock in the majority of places...I finally found one site that has a few. I've noticed that a lot (not all) Kastaplast molds are out of stock everywhere. It seems what's in stock, has been in stock and isn't a replenishment....so when the stock is gone....that might be it for Kastaplast availability for a bit (until L64 starts making some).

L64 didn't always make Westside....DD and L64 bought them out in 2017. I don't know when they started making the Westside discs....but their priority doesn't seem to be that.

https://www.latitude64.se/latitude-64/latitude-64-prioritized-discs-2022/

While there's no dates in that list, the company order isn't alphabetized, so it does seem their focus/order is L64, DD, Westside.

Of course, I might be interpreting all this wrong. I hope so....

I wanted to replace a Falk I lost....out of stock in the majority of places...I finally found one site that has a few. I've noticed that a lot (not all) Kastaplast molds are out of stock everywhere. It seems what's in stock, has been in stock and isn't a replenishment....so when the stock is gone....that might be it for Kastaplast availability for a bit (until L64 starts making some).

L64 didn't always make Westside....DD and L64 bought them out in 2017. I don't know when they started making the Westside discs....but their priority doesn't seem to be that.

While there's no dates in that list, the company order isn't alphabetized, so it does seem their focus/order is L64, DD, Westside.

Latitude 64 has been making discs for Westside LONG before they purchased westside in partnership with DD…

And lets not forget Latitude 64 is also making discs for Discmania. So what is their priority going to be?

L64
Dynamic Discs
Westside
Discmania
Kastaplast

I hope I'm wrong, but I see L64 becoming the next Innova and the other disc brands becoming "as L64 can get to you". I know Discmania has their own factory so that L64 only makes some molds for Discmania...so that may give hope to Kastaplast continuing to make the majority of their own discs and L64 only making some molds.

Sad about Kastaplast. Luckily I have enough Bergs to last a lifetime.

I don't like trilogy plastic so now I'm hesitant to try new Kasta molds moving forward. Shame:(

And lets not forget Latitude 64 is also making discs for Discmania. So what is their priority going to be?

L64
Dynamic Discs
Westside
Discmania
Kastaplast

I hope I'm wrong, but I see L64 becoming the next Innova and the other disc brands becoming "as L64 can get to you". I know Discmania has their own factory so that L64 only makes some molds for Discmania...so that may give hope to Kastaplast continuing to make the majority of their own discs and L64 only making some molds.

Lately, it seems their priority has been adding significant manufacturing ability, and trying to win tournaments.

The local Dynamic Discs store is ripped full of Westside, L64 and DD (and Axiom, MVP and Innova). Limited amount of Discmania, and almost no Discraft. They've never carried Kastaplast, but I'm hopeful!

Didn't Kasta say that the reason they went for the partnership was so that they would be able to produce *more* discs?

Innova and Lat64 are now similar in that there is a long wait between runs. My bag was almost exclusively Lat64 and Westside at one time, but due to a lack of availability I now have some other brands as well. Fortunately, there are so many great discs and plastics on the market I'm not really bothered. I am looking forward to the day I can buy some more Zero Medium Spike's. I'll buy a handful.

This depends on where you live as well. I live in Sweden and Kastaplast has been readily available during the whole pandemic and still is in very large quantities. Discraft though has been virtually impossible to find and out of stock everywhere, I suspect the situation have been/is a bit different in the US.

Westside has (or had) the best line up out of the 3 in Trilogy. Now you can't find hardly any Westside discs besides the Harp. I was digging the Pine, but it went OOP. Now I bag Wasps. The Longbowman was perfect for the OS 9 speed (firebird/Raptor) slot. OOP probably. So I'm bagging either, you guessed it, Raptor or Firebird. I bag, and love the Northman. For whatever reason I just clicked with this disc. OOP. Luckily I got a stack of them. At least you can find some Tursas's now I suppose. I've since just started bagging Comets so too little, too late. They did replace a warp speed, stupid OS driver (Warhorse) with a different warp speed, stupid OS driver (Adder) though. So that's cool :confused:

I hope I'm wrong, but I see L64 becoming the next Innova and the other disc brands becoming "as L64 can get to you".
Well, you have been about everything you've posted other than the Falk bit, so there's a good chance you're also wrong on this baseless speculation. By the way, Infinite lists 12 molds. Two of 12 are out of stock.

Discs Unlimited is the U.S./North America wholesale distributor for Kastaplast so the stock they show is pretty much what is available for U.S. dealers to order. Sign up for their newsletter to be informed of new availability/restocks. https://discsunlimited.net/kastaplast-discs&fc=116

google search seems to have quite a few falk in stock

Or look here. 20 vendors that say they have stock. https://trydiscs.com/iso-search?q=falk&country=us

I'll have to remember (bookmark) that site. I did a search and found very few sites with Falks and most either only had one or had used ones.

I've been told by a local store that "what Kastaplast they have is it for a while....they haven't been able to order any more".

So, it's possible that Kastaplast discs aren't being made until L64 gets their Kastaplast supply/molds up and running. The ones online and in stores may just be the existing stock...awaiting for L64 to pick up production.

Anyways....I'll just wait and see what happens. Maybe I just jumped the gun and decided to soon that something was happening that actually isn't.

Innova is the new Innova...and the old Innova...everything is just a different version of something Innova has done or decided not to do already.

Latest posts