• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Open Coverage Air Dates Set on CBS Sports Network

I felt the final round coverage was the best, maybe it was because of the drama that developed when Paul went triple, bogey, bogey to let Emerson and Calvin get back in it.
According to my count a total of 106 throws were shown (not including replays). 74 from lead card, 17 from Calvin and 15 from FPO (all of Paige and Missy).
Overall, I enjoyed seeing disc golf on "cable TV" although the 1 hour programs paled in comparison to watching a live tourney via DGPT or the next day on Youtube.

I will certainly be interested in the viewership numbers. I think this will tell us a lot.

Are we bigger than we thought? Is this is a launching point towards investing in television coverage?

Are we no where near where we think? Maybe we should dial it back and focus on growth of players?

My bet is the later. But I can hope for the former.

I think two factors make the ratings a hard gauge this time around:

1. the boycott of the major sports could have brought extra eyes to the channel

2. the coverage was a terrible jumbled mess. The shot and hole skipping was confusing as hell and Nate and Jerm simply are not quality voices for primetime TV. I have a really hard time seeing that format enticing non disc golf folks to come back for more on day two and three.

I think two factors make the ratings a hard gauge this time around:

1. the boycott of the major sports could have brought extra eyes to the channel

2. the coverage was a terrible jumbled mess. The shot and hole skipping was confusing as hell and Nate and Jerm simply are not quality voices for primetime TV. I have a really hard time seeing that format enticing non disc golf folks to come back for more on day two and three.

Boycott of major sports being a factor? So millionaires basically prolonging their payday by 1 day to "support" a cause might bring extra eyes? How is having an extra day off supporting a cause? Solidarity from 1000 miles away by skipping work?

Secondly who the F is watching CBSsportsnetwork? No one. How would anyone find this, much less be interested in it? Nate and Jerm were fine. Jerm's obvious s*** eating grin aside, but they did fine. You don't need a play by play guy or color commentary guy on some spliced together coverage. Showing FPO and MPO, Chase and lead, etc. What can you do in an hour? It was pretty well done IMO.

Boycott of major sports being a factor? So millionaires basically prolonging their payday by 1 day to "support" a cause might bring extra eyes? How is having an extra day off supporting a cause? Solidarity from 1000 miles away by skipping work?

Secondly who the F is watching CBSsportsnetwork? No one. How would anyone find this, much less be interested in it? Nate and Jerm were fine. Jerm's obvious s*** eating grin aside, but they did fine. You don't need a play by play guy or color commentary guy on some spliced together coverage. Showing FPO and MPO, Chase and lead, etc. What can you do in an hour? It was pretty well done IMO.

Well boycotting sends a message to the people who run our society, the power brokers, that if they dont support change with their dollars their meal ticket might just walk away or at a minimum throw their business models into chaos. We already saw a direct impact of this with the NBA announcing all of their stadiums will now be used as polling stations on election day. It sounds like you may not want to understand that concept though and thats OK, you do you ...just do it way over there .

Secondly they would find it because all other sports were cancelled and they would be looking for something else to watch, i thought we already covered that?

Yeah no Nate and Jerm were in way over their heads if the goal was to attract a new audience and you act as if they were forced to show the FPO, MPO, chase and lead and all the etc. but they werent, at all. It was an editorial choice they made that your own words seem to indicate wasnt a great one.

Last edited:
Whoops
LLUKZH4_d.jpg

Digging the skins match coverage. Knowing Nikko has anxiety on every putt made that first one all the more enjoyable LOL

That was bad. Felt so bad for Simon. Uninformed viewers may not think this is that much money, but we know better. This is the richest skins match I be ever seen for DG.
Yeah glad they took it anyway on the 9th. Luckily they could use her drive so she didn't have to putt.

Am I the only one that was cringing at the enunciation of "disc golf" by the CBS sports voice?

Disc____________Golf.

Just reading off the sign.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DisKgolf2.jpg
    DisKgolf2.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 163
I'd go along with Appling as the Capital, and the IDGC building as the Capitol. Because the seat of authority is there.

Emporia deserves another superlative. The most justifiable would be "Center", for all the reasons already stated, plus it is close to the geographic center of all the pro disc golfers in the world.

Maybe "Heart" for the centrality meaning, plus it's in the Heartland, and for the way the locals love disc golf.

I stand corrected. Capital has two definitions, Capitol has just the one primary definition. :doh:

Yikes Catrina

Really, she makes a 37 footer on 16 to push the skins, then air discs from 15'.
Did you see Simon's face as he's walking by the camera to clean that up?

Also, glad to see they picked up some cash on the last one. :thmbup:

Paige P was the most impressive out of all of them too.

I generally don't like watching FPO but Paige and Cat were the stars of the show. It also felt very progressive seeing Cox tee off second. A good look for the sport, and she threw a great forehand on 8.

Latest posts