• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Patriot championship level basket

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
The Patriot target from Dynamic Discs was PDGA Approved on 12-19-2016 at the Championship level.
"The Dynamic Discs Patriot target is a championship quality target without the championship price tag. The Patriot features 13 inner and outer hot dip galvanized chains, as well as a hot dip galvanized deflector band, cage, and center pole, followed by a vibrant white powder coating process to help withstand the elements. Boasting an affordable price of $274.99, the Patriot is the perfect target for installing a Championship level course on a budget." - by Dynamic Discs

dynamic.discs.patriot.basket.jpg

Well seeing how all of dynamics baskets are the same way I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing.
And it doesn't change the fact that if you throw a good putt the nubs really have no affect.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well seeing how all of dynamics baskets are the same way I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing. And it doesn't change the fact that if you throw a good putt the nubs really have no affect.

While likely true… I can see why people think nubs in is better at keeping discs in the tray.

But consider how often you retrieve your disc from the basket. Seems to me the odds of your disc catching on "nubs in" when retrieving your disc vastly outweighs the advantages nubs in provides when throwing your disc to the basket.

In other words, nubs out = easier disc retrieval, something you do 18x per round.

Just a thought.

I feel like the majority of people have no problem pulling their discs out of the basket.

I think the main concern is that if you hit bucket, you might end up with serious gouges.

I feel like the majority of people have no problem pulling their discs out of the basket.

I think the main concern is that if you hit bucket, you might end up with serious gouges.

Agree. Also, it's just an aesthetic thing. It looks wrong to me.

Well seeing how all of dynamics baskets are the same way I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing.
And it doesn't change the fact that if you throw a good putt the nubs really have no affect.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

DD doesnt have a good history... They literally had baskets which needed to be grinded down and welded again or something.. I know they had an issue with a first run of xyz model too.

Re this basket that wheel looks like it is hardly held on but maybe the basket isn't very heavy.

My point was…

You're more likely to get serious gouges if your disc catches or scrapes the edges of the metal when pulling the disc out of the basket than you are missing precisely in that spot when putting.

You do the former 18 times per round. You hit that spot on the basket, what, once out of 18 rounds?

I love DD, but the only way this basket is in any way Patriotic is it it's made in the good ol' US of A.

DD doesnt have a good history... They literally had baskets which needed to be grinded down and welded again or something.. I know they had an issue with a first run of xyz model too.

Re this basket that wheel looks like it is hardly held on but maybe the basket isn't very heavy.

Didn't MVP have issues with welds breaking on their baskets?

If it lands physical stores with a floor model, great.
it will give me something to rub on it and critique.

Chain hangers (The top of chain slide or movement) on any basket are really hard to judge unless you can physically touch it

Didn't MVP have issues with welds breaking on their baskets?

They had issues in the first run of the pro model which were addressed but ive never had any customer complaints. I think it was how the baskets were being shipped that caused some failure of the base welds and scratching of powder coat.

This also is suppose to be a cheap "course" basket and MVPs complaints were on a practice model. The portal permanent basket is a damn tank.

The fact people are bitching about baskets being made in XYZ country....LOL.

My point was…

You're more likely to get serious gouges if your disc catches or scrapes the edges of the metal when pulling the disc out of the basket than you are missing precisely in that spot when putting.

You do the former 18 times per round. You hit that spot on the basket, what, once out of 18 rounds?

My point was that the potential for serious damage to your favorite putter is a lot higher when you're throwing a putt at the basket, than when you're pulling it out of the basket.

You might get a little scratch when taking it out.

My point was that the potential for serious damage to your favorite putter is a lot higher when you're throwing a putt at the basket, than when you're pulling it out of the basket.

I agree. My lame ass hits that cage more than id like to admit and even my premium plastic ions dont love sharp basket edges.

Lets not even get into what a basket can do from off the tee/approach with any real power on the disc. Ive never pulled my disc out of the basket and caused damage like any throw, ever...

Sweet ace run ruins new go to mold? Nice basket!

I suppose. I just figured the odds of hitting that one little spot are pretty slim. And I saw a player tear a chunk out of a soft putter once when it caught on a metal piece on the inside of the basket (it was an elevated basket, which didn't help). He now takes every disc out very carefully. ;-)

Count me with the nubs = bad camp.

When you hunker down at a basket to practice you could be throwing 200+ putts in a session. guaranteed you will hit a couple off of the jagged part of those nubs.

Latest posts