• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Black Hole™ MINI basket

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
The Black Hole™ Mini didn't quite make it into the New Releases, so we're making it a NOW Release!

Black Hole™ Minil
MSRP: $89.95

26" height Mini Disc Basket with Black Hole™ style and engineering

Seamless Matte Black color

Electrophoresced first stage followed with tough powder coated outer shell for extra durability and protection

Double chain tiered design with 24 mini scale strands

12 outer and 12 inner chains with Black Hole™ equidistant orientation for zero weak pockets

Banded 11.5" diameter header

12.5" diameter cage

Standard Black Hole™ load distributed base

All metal construction, all joints welded

Assembles or disassembles in under 1 minute

Threaded tension connections for a sturdy assembly

11.3 lbs., 13.5 x 13.5 x 5.5" packaged

BlackHoleMini-nameplate.jpg

I picked up the Black Hole Mini, and it might be the best mini basket on the market. It is surprisingly heavy and sturdy, has thick double chains, catches very well, and looks so darn cool. The guys at the shop were also impressed by it, saying it was "legit" and that they hadn't ever see a double chained mini basket before. When I brought it home, my wife said, "Wow, it's like a great quality regular basket, just shrunk down in size." And that's exactly what you get with this Black Hole. I set it up in my bedroom and all of us were taking turns putting and throwing an assortment of minis around. Of course, the Nanos fly the best. :D (That's not just my fanboy self saying that. They actually do fly better than others, at least compared to Innova, Discraft, and Gateway minis)

I hope the vid (^ the little box in this post) works for you guys, and even though it's cruddy quality, you can at least hear the sound of them awesome chains.

If you're in the market for a mini basket, I highly recommend the Black Hole. At about $80 retail, it is a real bargain. MVP has done a superb job with bringing us a top quality target, in small form. :thmbup:

Last edited:
I used the Mini Black Hole at my Circuit for a little side contest. Everybody thought it was an awesome basket totally blew away the Innova mini baskets we have used in the past.

:hfive: Well done MVP!

I've been meaning to snap pics of mine against the Innova and DGA offerings, but it's pretty sweet. For having so many chains I was surprised that it had catching area width of the Minicatcher but the catching height of the DGA. Nice middle offering (in terms of catching area) with enough chains to catch anything you throw at it.

I've been meaning to snap pics of mine against the Innova and DGA offerings, but it's pretty sweet. For having so many chains I was surprised that it had catching area width of the Minicatcher but the catching height of the DGA. Nice middle offering (in terms of catching area) with enough chains to catch anything you throw at it.

I'd love to see pics for comparison if you get around to it. I've got the innova mini and my BIL has the DGA, and they're quite different. Seeing the three together would be nice.

How mini is "mini"? Newbie here. I want a basket to travel around with. I was looking at the map black hole then I saw the mini.

I keep my Black Hole Mini inside, and my son has a lightweight Wizard hanging on the wall, so I took it down to see how it would catch normal size discs. It didn't work out too well. :p

BUT it catches minis excellently. :thmbup:

What about the new 15cm Minis (Mini Buzzz, Macro Tesla..)?

Does the Black Hole Mini catch those Minis well too?

The macros fit in all three of my mini baskets, but their diameters are really close to the radius of the cage. Not really the greatest catchers. The BHMP has two rows of chains and catches minis really well. It does have a shorter catching area from the Innova MDC, but if you hit the chains, it's going to stick.

Is there any difference between the Black Hole Mini and the DD Recruit Mini???

The look is identical, the dimensions are identical... I only see a difference in the fixation of the second row of chains. The Recruit Mini has a fixed second row, the Black Hole has a movable fixation of the second row of chains. But...

Which basket is better?

Greetz