• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Black Hole™ Disc Golf Baskets: PRO - PRECISION - PRACTICE

Looking to get one of the Pro baskets, any updates on the durability with these?

I've sold a few hundred since they came out a few months ago and I haven't had any customers contact me with problems. So as far as I can tell, so far so good.

Yep. Havent sold that many but not a single complaint yet.

Im excited for the portal course level baskets to hit a course. They look so nice with 3 rows of symmetrical configured chains!

The nut that is welded onto the bottom of the stand for my Black Hole Pro broke off a couple of days ago for no apparent reason. I contacted MVP and explained the issue along with pictures and they said they're going to send a replacement base. Quick response and an overall easy experience with MVP. Great customer service/warranty.

]
I cant verify this, since i dont own the product. But a guy on FB who has the professional says the outer chains can be removed. Id still like someone else to verify though.
https://www.facebook.com/basketbashers/posts/955761094499973?comment_id=958851220857627

Looks like this has changed.

Improved Black Hole™ Pro Design

Several improvements were made to the design and production specs of the Black Hole™ Pro based on its already beloved first run.

Transit and handling conditions had shown a risk to a base weld, which caused some Black Hole™ Pro to arrive with a damaged base. These welds at the base have been adjusted to not only function their best for normal use, but also withstand the temporary stresses of delivery to the customer.

The Black Hole™ Pro's chain rack features a sliding bracket and S-hook for the outer chain tier and, previously, carabiners and welded rings for the inner tiers. We've improved upon this design by welding shut the outer bracket to disallow removal of its S-hook by force or impact, and by popular demand replacing the carabiner attachments with heavy duty S-hooks. The already solid Black Hole™ Pro 24-chain configuration is now bomb-proof.

Good improvements there and I'm glad they're listening and making those changes.
Hopefully they'll beef up the rest of the packaging also to mitigate some risk to the powder coating during shipping.

Got my BH Pro set up today. Feels solid, glad I'm not planning on taking it many places. I don't know if it's me, or if it's a little short.

Anyone pickup a basket over black friday? Come spring time i think ill get a pro maybe even go crazy with a portal but would prefer something easier to move. Costco basket has served me well but im over it lol.

Even just the assembly has to be pretty different on the permanent? How long to set one of your portals up?

Assembly's probably completely different since it's a single pole that you connect everything to instead of screwing everything together top to bottom. Once I got it unwrapped, it was about five minutes. Would've taken ten to fifteen if I'd used the tools they supplied. Not bagging on the tools (I was pleasantly surprised to see they'd included them - nice touch). It was just so much simpler with a ratchet.

Loving my black hole pro. So nice to just be able to throw putts and play perfect putt 360 while watching some tube. Basket catches great. Great quality for a practice basket. I've only had the basket for 3-4 weeks, but I really feel like my putting is coming around.

Glad i held off on getting a pro.. This new HD model sounds like a winner.
news_170220_blackholeprohd51.jpg

(available for immediate release & drop ship on 2/20/17)

The MVP Black Hole® Pro HD is designed to bring a heavy duty course experience to your home, practice setup, or temp course at an unbeatable price.

With dimensions following the Black Hole® Pro, the Pro HD has 30 total chain strands including an inner third tier plus thicker wire construction.

The symmetrically spaced chain geometry is taken from our Black Hole® Portal design, with 3 tiers comprised of 12 outer, 12 middle, and 6 inner chains. The Pro HD's chain thickness is identical to the Pro. The Pro HD's chain rack, cage, and base is constructed with thick 8mm wire compared to the Pro's 6mm wire.

The added chains and heavier wire do add to the Pro HD's overall weight, but setup and breakdown is still just as easy as the Pro. For heavier duty applications, the Black Hole® Pro HD is the most robust course experience basket you can find for under $200!

But does the basket spin for gyro induced vortexing that sucks in putts?

Can anyone comment on how deep the cage is? It looks InStep shallow in that pic, but I have a feeling my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Thank you for the info. I never really had any issues with my InStep bouncing out if it made it to the cage either. Just was curious to see since baskets seem to be going deeper anymore. It's a great looking basket. I love my Portals.

No problem.
I'm pretty darn impressed with it, especially for the price. I like it way better than my Skillshot.

I've had the pro sitting in my yard for the last eight months and there's no signs of rust or serious wear. No problems with spit outs or anything. It's definitely heavier than most portable baskets, but I don't take mine anywhere so that's perfect for me. I've never really gelled with MVP discs (just not a big overmold fan), but I always recommend this basket. I really can't see how the more expensive practice baskets could be that much better.

Latest posts