• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Black Hole™ Disc Golf Baskets: PRO - PRECISION - PRACTICE

Also a permanent course basket. 3 rows of 30 chains.

The MVP Black Hole™ Disc Golf Basket Series will expand in 2016 to include two Portal models, Portable and Permanent. Course owners have been asking for a heavy duty theft- and vandal-resistant basket for course installations, and the Portal is our answer.
We encourage course owners, designers, and clubs to consider the Black Hole™ Portal for their course. For any Portal course inquiries, please use the Contact Us form.

Old bump:
I've been putting on this basket for about 2 weeks now and love it. I came from using a Discatcher Traveler, this is an upgrade tenfold. Using a basket that resembles a course basket, and could be used as a course basket has really helped my putting confidence inside the circle. I can do a video review if that'd help anyone, and could answer any questions about it if there are any. For the price, this basket is top notch.

I had a post together and had all the information in it about the basket, but did the whole old post bump thing and didn't click the box to go to the next page yet...and screwed up my post so I went with a cliffs notes version instead.

Worth noting that video only shows a Portal at the very end; the 3D model shown in the bulk of it is the Pro home model that's out now

Just received and set out the Black Holes for a tournament tomorrow. Excellent. Incredible value, stupidly easy to put together and catch like a tournament standard basket. Everything else from MVP top notch as well - very very impressed with first dealings with them - congrats guys. Maybe I should start believing in the gyro ;)

Just received and set out the Black Holes for a tournament tomorrow. Excellent. Incredible value, stupidly easy to put together and catch like a tournament standard basket. Everything else from MVP top notch as well - very very impressed with first dealings with them - congrats guys. Maybe I should start believing in the gyro ;)

Did you get the Black Hole Pro?

I'm thinking of buying one for our local private course.

Yep black Hole Pro - absolutely excellent as a temporary basket.

I could see the zinc chains getting chipped and rusting over time, they aren't really designed for constant outdoor use but as a temporary basket I can;t recommend the highly enough.

Any cons to the black hole pro?

Not a single complaint on the many ive sold. All expected less even i think re:quality. These are legit!

@rhatton - glad to hear they worked so well for your event. MVP is really doing some good things and keeps proving it with their service and products. :hfive:

I just got my MVP pro yesterday and after putting a while I noticed that the chains seem a little stiff as opposed to my local courses discatchers. Is this to be expected? I'd have expected the opposite. (Stiff as in when I put the chains more or less just deflect the disc down and don't absorb the disc)

Any cons to the black hole pro?

NO complaints on mine.

It catches really well. I don't think I've had one epic cut through and I've thrown hundreds of putts on mine.
Sometimes I think it catches too well... I've had many far link grabs than I ever have had on the course.

NO complaints on mine.

It catches really well. I don't think I've had one epic cut through and I've thrown hundreds of putts on mine.
Sometimes I think it catches too well... I've had many far link grabs than I ever have had on the course.

This would be my experience too - the chain height is smaller than permanent baskets by a considerable difference, but I didn't notice it at all until I had one next to a Targetti.

For me they caught better than any permanent basket I've played on, I hit long approaches, long putts and made every putt within 20' despite a couple of on the edge of pro side putts that I didn't expect to stick. The winner of the tournament had the best putting round he's had on them.

A couple of people did struggle from all accounts, could just be blaming the hardware on a bad day, not sure, i didn't see the shots. There was one ace spit out on a 120 meter downhill shot that I heard about a lot, but that could happen on any basket downhill at that distance.

The overall reaction to them was incredibly positive after the event and lots of people wanting to buy for themselves.

I personally was delighted with them far better than I had hoped and far better finished than most permanent baskets I have received.

Latest posts