• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Black Hole™ Disc Golf Baskets: PRO - PRECISION - PRACTICE

So this Pro model is legit then? I always figured I'd end up with a Discatcher sport for home use, but if the chains are heavy duty enough on this Pro basket then it seems like an upgrade to me having two sets on it.
Basically, how close are the chains on the pro compared to what we see on the course?
I'm pretty interested.

Could this be weatherproofed to be left outside all the time? For the price I wouldn't mind spending extra to make it last longer.

oil coatings will keep any metal from rusting but need to be applied like a wax on a car kind of thing.. lots of light weight sprays which work well but grill covers are cheap too'

61jwYd6QiOL._SL1500_.jpg

cant imagine a basket is different but never tried it just works on my tools and antique stuff ive refinished.

Last edited:
Is there a warranty on these at all? Didn't see anything specifically on MVP's site.

MVP just sent this to me in response to your question.
Hello,

Yes, our basket comes with a warranty.

If there is any problems with a basket, please let us know immediately. We will directly send out a replacement part or new basket to the customer.*

Please be sure to send us pictures of the damaged basket, if this ever happens.

On the UPS truck for delivery today. :thmbup:

Going to be hard to force myself to grocery shop and do my Physical Therapy before fondling my new package.

Can I ask what you paid after shipping?

I'm looking to purchase one within the next month and need to budget for it.

So I've had the Pro for a few days now, and I'm pretty impressed. It's not chintzy at all, and it's pretty solid. There's very little wobble at all with this thing and it catches really well. Basically, it's exactly what I wanted and expected for a practice basket at home that won't be left outside.
I was debating between this and the Recruit and I'm glad I chose to save the extra money. I haven't seen a Recruit in person, but I just don't see how it could be $60 better as the materials have to be very similar.

My only concern is the paint/powdercoating. I'm nervous about durability there. The chains are marking up the pole quite a bit already. In fact, that's my only complaint, and I would like to see MVP add a little more protection for the shipping. There was some chipping from things banging around inside the box because the only packing materials are plastic bags and a few zip ties.

Now, that said, I'm not really complaining. Overall, for the price, I'm more than satisfied. A little paint chipping isn't going to be an issue to me as this will live indoors and I can touch it up if I feel like it.

I did mod it a bit though. In an effort to keep noise down I used some of that grippy/rubbery shelf liner and black duct tape around the post. It's thin enough that the chain rings can still slide over it, and it totally deadens the ringing. I already had the duct tape, so for $5 (and I can use the leftover in my tool cabinet) I like it. Pipe insulation/pool noodle is too big and hideous to me. :)

TL;DR: I like the basket a lot, especially for the price. I'd recommend it for sure.

I use a piece of pvc to sleeve the post. Easily removable and deadens the sound very well

Anyone know how the Process comparestarted to the Dynamic Discs recruit basket?

Stoopid auto correct.....

Black Hole Pro basket vs Dynamic Disc Recruit....Any thoughts???

Stoopid auto correct.....

Black Hole Pro basket vs Dynamic Disc Recruit....Any thoughts???

Recruit is definitely more heavy duty, the basket itself is deeper, and it weighs a ton.

The Black Hole Pro, in my opinion, is the best basket for the price. The only thing that remains to be seen is durability. It catches the same as the Recruit and is far more portable, based on weight.

Since the Black Hole came out, I've sold them 80:1 over the Recruit and I haven't had one single complaint about them yet. I point everyone to the Black Hole Pro over the Recruit at all times. Besides the cost, a lot of it has to do with DD not having Recruits available all the time. They've had weld issues in the past and, as of today, their recent stock of Recruits had problems, and they had to have someone come in and grind parts to make them fit.

Latest posts