• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger Backpack Review

It was not there two weeks ago when I ordered mine. Odd timing.

Yep. I was hoping fir a black friday sale, instead the effective price went up to 174 from 157. It's sad, but I jumped on a Grip for 176 instead.

I love the trilogy, and their discs aren't going anywhere, but I'll have to stick some patches on my bag now to show my love instead of buying their backpack.

:\

Yep. I was hoping fir a black friday sale, instead the effective price went up to 174 from 157. It's sad, but I jumped on a Grip for 176 instead.

I love the trilogy, and their discs aren't going anywhere, but I'll have to stick some patches on my bag now to show my love instead of buying their backpack.

:\

You'll be glad you did. Grip is a superior bag. :thmbup:

if the ranger was 1000d cordura i would call it superior to the grip. its all personal preference but i like the setup of the ranger better. Feature-wise the grip wins but the ranger rides high, holds a ton, looks awesome and is cheaper. Just gotta plasti dip the bottom and good to go. i love mine. Hard to beat the $176 holiday price on the grip though.

if the ranger was 1000d cordura i would call it superior to the grip. its all personal preference but i like the setup of the ranger better. Feature-wise the grip wins but the ranger rides high, holds a ton, looks awesome and is cheaper. Just gotta plasti dip the bottom and good to go. i love mine. Hard to beat the $176 holiday price on the grip though.

Agreed, at least there is the warranty on materials so if it does come apart on the bottom you better believe I will be calling in for a replacement. I love this bag. I bought it for the storage up top. To me, imo, it's laid out the best.

I would have had a big decision to make if the Grip had been $176 when I bought my 2nd run Ranger, but I don't know that I would have changed my mind. The humongous top pocket on the Ranger just suits me. Whether it's beer or gear, I tend to pack heavy.

i like DD has a whole different style from everyone else. im actually really impressed from a exposure pov. their bags stand out above everyone elses...imo. hopefully they forever just do limited runs of random color combos, that way they always remain unique.

Does plasti dipping the bottom void the warranty? Do the water bottle holders fit 32 oz bottles?

Does plasti dipping the bottom void the warranty? Do the water bottle holders fit 32 oz bottles?

Yes, from what I understand it does. But it does have the warranty, so if anything rips on the bottom it should be covered. Not sure about the 32 oz question.

Does anyone use the stool/umbrella holder as another drink holder? Is the bag still comfortable with two large drinks?

The stool holder won't fit another large drink like 32oz Gatorade but with a 20oz in the stool and 32 in the drink holder it's plenty comfortable the second drink isn't even noticeable

I just keep an extra drink in the top compartment if I need to pack more. If it's hot I'll wrap the drink in an ice pack with a towel around it.

It's be cool if DD would make a "smaller backpack" to compete with the grip c14 Something around 14-17 disc capacity but don't lose the top storage compartment

Hmm, interesting thought. I wouldn't mind seeing them create another bag teamed with Ogio, I like my Ranger bag (as well as my grip).

But, I think the DD Ranger bag struck a happy medium of disc capacity, storage and weight. I mean it has more capacity for discs and gear than my grip c14 yet weighs significantly less than the grip. So, I don't think they'll make a smaller bag.

But I'd definitely entertain the prospect.

any new and recent thoughts on the ranger backpack?
all the forums are from at least 2 years ago.

how is this backpack holding up? especially the bottom and top handle and straps?

Latest posts