• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Recruit Basket

Looks like DD has updated the web page with materials... The "chains are zinc coated" and the rest is "electrophoresed first and then powder coated for extra protection from natural elements."

When it comes to longevity, a fully galvanized basket is going to stand up much longer than one with just powder coated steel. The DGA Mach II is the only portable basket that is fully galvanized, built to last and comes with a 20-year warranty. It is priced not much higher than the DD Recruit basket, but you get so much more for your money!

Looks like a nice basket. You know, a practice basket is that delicate balance of cost, weight, number of chains. I bought my Innova Discatcher Sport used, and I'm really happy with it for the money. It catches really well, but not perfect. I would hate to have anything much heavier to lug around. So many viable options these days.:confused::confused:

There are a couple things I don't like about the basket. The wheel looks like it's going to break easily since it's not really a basket to leave outside. I also don't like that the vertical wires of the cage wrap inside-out and are in a prime position to tear up low putters' putters. *raises hand*

I am interested to see how diagonal chain sliders work compared to the conventional types. That's a very simple but effective design, especially if it improves catching ability.

I agree with the above statement about the Mach II though. Galvanized is the way to go with any basket and well worth the extra money. I imagine you could even get DGA to sell you a base with the wheel, too.

Well I pulled the trigger and bought one of these last night. It was between this, the discatcher sport, and the yet to be released discmania lite, but I just couldn't wait any longer. Hopefully I made the right decision. I'd still be interested to hear that comparison from Shawny0123 or anyone else who has had a chance to try this new recruit.

I agree with the above statement about the Mach II though. Galvanized is the way to go with any basket and well worth the extra money. I imagine you could even get DGA to sell you a base with the wheel, too.

You can get DGA to sell you the base with the wheel (or at least you could several years ago when I bought mine for my back yard).

I played on one the other day. It's got me thinking about purchasing a new basket. For $200, lots of bang for the buck. Catches great. Chains are good, but I can't help but wonder how they're gonna look and respond after a years worth of play and weather. First impressions were overall really good though

I agree with tbird on the nubs directed outward being a problem. I may still get one of these, but I will plan on covering those with rubber or something, otherwise I see this basket chewing up putters something fierce.

not if you put it in the chains.

I can verify this comment. I added 9 inner chains to my Innova Discatcher Sport, and the difference in lesser disc damage is significant. Was money well spent!:thmbup:

I'm just noticing that unlike other manufacturers, the knuckles on the Recruit seem to face outward. This could be the problem.

When it comes to longevity, a fully galvanized basket is going to stand up much longer than one with just powder coated steel. The DGA Mach II is the only portable basket that is fully galvanized, built to last and comes with a 20-year warranty. It is priced not much higher than the DD Recruit basket, but you get so much more for your money!

A lightning DB-5 is fully Galvanized and built like a tank. Don't know about a warranty.

I took a look at the Recruit's outward nubs. I don't see how they could damage a putter as they are slightly rolled over and didn't seem to have a sharp edge, partly due to the paint.

Are these the baskets they had at Country Club for GBO? Because I was not a fan. Tons of spit outs.

I'm just noticing that unlike other manufacturers, the knuckles on the Recruit seem to face outward. This could be the problem.

Saw one of these at the local shop a couple days ago and it looks pretty beefy.
Pretty heavy, too.
But, those knuckles facing the wrong way are definitely a design flaw.
In person it does look like they will chomp on putters.

I have one of these, and the nubs do not chew up my putters. I really like this basket for the price and it catches well (a little too well even). The only thing about mine is it has some give in the central pole which doesn't change how it catches but it is a little annoying to me.

Love this basket, doesn't rattle/shake around, nice and sturdy and heavy. The nubs are a non issue, they don't even stick up past the plate, tucked a good 1/8 inch below. Would recommend

First off...Let me just say I really like that the recruit has a wheel and extra chains to catch better. It looks like that for your money you can't beat this, especially with the free shipping. I am of the persuasion that this level of basket is not meant to stay outside in the weather. It is supposed to be taken in and out. That's why I really like the wheel, which my discatcher sport doesn't have. If you want something weatherproof/galvanized you have to pay more. One of my local parks has discatcher sports as permanent baskets at the course and we have a couple that have rusted out and fallen over. They're just not designed for that. I am sure the manufacturer would even admit to that.

I watched the DD videos on this basket and it looks like the basket shakes around a little bit when you putt into it, which seems kind of irritating to me. Has anyone noticed this, or is this just in my head? My discatcher sport doesn't do that. It is pretty sturdy. I am trying to decide if it is worth putting my discatcher sport up for sale for about $100 - $125 and innova skillshot for about $50 and trying to get this one (recruit). I really like that wheel, if it's sturdy enough and the extra chains.

Anyone who owns one care to chime in with comments about how stout and sturdy it is?

Latest posts