• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Renegade

I just unloaded a Lucid Air - very hard to control, flippy.

I wouldn't mind trying a 173 Lucid or so though.

Yeah, sounds weird, probably the caved flight plate. Instead of hot water, maybe try leaving it rightside up on a flat surface out in the sun for several hours. I've done this before, and the air under the disc heating up seems to re-expand and repair dome naturally.

That worked AWESOME! Thank you!

I am SO diggin' the Renegade. I am bagging 3. Two Lucid (174&167gm) and one BioFuzion (166gm). They are Hyzer Flip machines, they make Beautiful flex shots, and will ride an anhyzer to the ground, if you tell it to. My Bolts, Kings, and everything over 12 speed has been pulled because of the Renegade. The Renegade is also the Perfect compliment to the Trespass, too. In my humble opinion... :)

I am SO diggin' the Renegade. I am bagging 3. Two Lucid (174&167gm) and one BioFuzion (166gm). They are Hyzer Flip machines, they make Beautiful flex shots, and will ride an anhyzer to the ground, if you tell it to. My Bolts, Kings, and everything over 12 speed has been pulled because of the Renegade. The Renegade is also the Perfect compliment to the Trespass, too. In my humble opinion... :)
I fully agree. I threw that combo most of the summer.

However, over the summer the Renegade got beat a bit and I got some more arm speed which made it quite flippy. I solved it by replacing the Renegade with a TP Sword, that will start turning after only few rounds of play.

Actually I could even see a Renegade-Sword-Trespass combo for slower arms.

I fully agree. I threw that combo most of the summer.

However, over the summer the Renegade got beat a bit and I got some more arm speed which made it quite flippy. I solved it by replacing the Renegade with a TP Sword, that will start turning after only few rounds of play.

Actually I could even see a Renegade-Sword-Trespass combo for slower arms.

I think u actually need a decent arm for all but the Renegade. < 350' and you won't see good flight at all out of the Sword and Trespass.

Maybe I need to breakdown and try a Sword, BUT, I think the Trespass covers all the shots I would use the Sword for.... Renegade is definitely a tailwind/no wind disc, but I have been throwing them for awhile now without them becoming TO Flippy. They do work, for me.

It's simple, slower/weaker arms get better flight and more distance out of understable drivers. Unless your form is crud and you just massively torque everything over.

This is why the Renegade is easy distance for intermediate power, and not too flippy if thrown with clean form.

I carry the Renegade occasionally for easy hyzer-flip turnovers and long sustained anhyzers. It has just enough stability to be reasonably controllable, assuming low wind conditions.

I tried a Lucid Renegade for the Trilogy 2-disc challenge last year. Fresh out of the box it flew a lot like a nicely seasoned wraith: a little bit of controllable flip and pretty consistent fade. This was a very good disc for the 2-disc challenge because I could hit all the lines I needed off the tee (there was little wind that day). Turnover shots, long bomber S-curves, hyzer-to-straight, or even long hyzer bombs...it was all good!

Sadly, after a few weeks in the bag, the Renegade got too beat in and flippy. I could have gotten used to it for my understable distance slot, but I'm more comfortable with a SW or Vulcan for those shots so the Renegade dropped out of my bag.

After that experience I tried a Trespass for the 2-disc challenge this year. It was a hog and I saw zero flip on any throws (once again, crispy fresh lucid plastic), although I'm interested to see how it acts after a little breaking in. So far the trespass has compared very favorably with the early run champ bosses I used to throw.

I grabbed a 171g Fuzion Renegade today. This is my first gold line driver and my first Renegade as well. I'm planning to trial it in the max d understable driver slot that is currently filled by the Tern. I threw it in a frozen turf field so I didn't have good confidence in my plant and I wasn't able to put full power on it, but it easily went 320ft anyways at like 60-70% (max d with the Tern is 350ft for me in great conditions). Slight hyzer to s-turns, it flew beautiful patterns. It feels great in the hand, the 21mm rim works a lot better with my small hands compared to the ridic wide 23mm on the Tern. I can see this disc knocking the Tern out of my bag for sure, hopefully the gold line material will hold up a bit longer than a few months

I grabbed a 171g Fuzion Renegade today. This is my first gold line driver and my first Renegade as well. I'm planning to trial it in the max d understable driver slot that is currently filled by the Tern. I threw it in a frozen turf field so I didn't have good confidence in my plant and I wasn't able to put full power on it, but it easily went 320ft anyways at like 60-70% (max d with the Tern is 350ft for me in great conditions). Slight hyzer to s-turns, it flew beautiful patterns. It feels great in the hand, the 21mm rim works a lot better with my small hands compared to the ridic wide 23mm on the Tern. I can see this disc knocking the Tern out of my bag for sure, hopefully the gold line material will hold up a bit longer than a few months

I find Rengades and Star Terns to be very similar. I do get a little more distance with Terns. Fuzion will eventually beat in to be pretty understable. Lucid takes waaaaaaay longer to beat in.

Renegade is one of the few discs I've replaced after losing. I must have one in my bag. A G* Shryke has replace the Tern, too -- the Shryke has a harder fade.

I find Rengades and Star Terns to be very similar. I do get a little more distance with Terns. Fuzion will eventually beat in to be pretty understable. Lucid takes waaaaaaay longer to beat in.

Same here. My Fuzion Renegade is 165g and flies well, and I really like the plastic. However, it does not go as far as my Terns.

my lucid Renegade has been demoted to a sky anni turnover/ occasional hyzer flip disc on non windy days, as my arm speed/snap and form improve--

great disc though, and will definitely stay in my bag, easy distance for developing arms

maybe even a BH cut roller disc as it beats in more-

Just threw my friends 158g lucid air renegade yesterday after our round. Farthest disc I have ever thrown. I've been sticking to fairways 99% of the time to try and develops better form and maybe it worked. I am really bad at judging distance but it was a solid 380' or more based on the neighboring hole to where I threw it. I'm gonna have to trade for it and hate myself after because I can't stand the color, dark chocolate brown. I can't argue with the results though. Threw a wraith next to it but the renegade went a solid 50' further.

Just threw my friends 158g lucid air renegade yesterday after our round. Farthest disc I have ever thrown. I've been sticking to fairways 99% of the time to try and develops better form and maybe it worked. I am really bad at judging distance but it was a solid 380' or more based on the neighboring hole to where I threw it. I'm gonna have to trade for it and hate myself after because I can't stand the color, dark chocolate brown. I can't argue with the results though. Threw a wraith next to it but the renegade went a solid 50' further.

Try a Moonshine Renegade. At least the color is not dark brown... :eek:

Pretty much ^^^^

I have a 169g Bio Trespass (older run I think) that kicked my Renegades out (for summer). It covers flips, turnovers and rollers.
Flatter Lucid Trespass in higher weights (170-2) ought to be closer to a "Renegade Pro". You should be able to get flip and turn or flat and turnover from those.

I have both a Lucid and a Fuzion. I have so many drivers that neither gets enough throws to really break in. I think I am going to start playing more rounds with those as my main drivers t see what happens.

Latest posts