• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Trespass [The Missing Link!]

I keep coming back to this mold. It could be because I am at altitude (nothing major...about 3300 feet above sea level). I'm not sure how these would respond at lower altitudes.

Flat Lucid Trespasses are not something I am fond of. They flip easier, are less HSS stable, and have less glide as compared to a domey Lucid Trespasses.

A domey Lucid Trespass is something special. Capable of sneaky distance. For me they are consistent. In a low to mild/mid headwind with a touch of hyzer they will flip flat and ride straight (or drift to the right slightly depending on the amount of wind) and then have a forward penetrating fade.

In short, they do what I expect, get distance, turn and come back to my intended landing zone.

For me this disc will get me the 375 to 400ish (maybe slightly over) distance.

The PDGA tech specs likely can't be relied on but list this disc as having a 2.1cm wing.

In my ever present ongoing need for more distance I have tried a number of other molds Ballista, Ballista Pro, Sheriff, Destroyer (I've put this mold in as a headwind disc. I used to use a Gladiator but found that the Gladiator didn't really penetrate like I wanted), and Shryke.

Against each of these molds, for me, the Trespass is better in that the results are more repeatable and consistent. From a distance perspective the Trespass is a bit shorter but for such a smaller wing width in comparison to these other molds it really isn't that much shorter...maybe 10 to up to 30 feet shorter.

But that isn't much distance to give up when you know the Trespass will give you that flight but the other molds either didn't flip up properly or I didn't give sufficient (or gave to much) anhyzer on my flex line (i.e. went too far left/right).

I haven't thrown a Sheriff in a few years but purchased 2 yesterday and took them to the course for testing. Longer than the Trespass. Flipped up as I expected in a headwind.

While I still need more testing it did seem to me that the consistency wasn't there. It could be the much bigger wing (2.4cm to the 2.1cm) but I had the occasional flip over and turn right (over a fence and into OB) or not flip up and fade too far left with the Sheriff that I don't get with the Trespass.

I do have first edition Lucid X Trespasses and they do provide additional high speed stability (for those looking to use multiple versions of the same mold) but I find the grip is not ideal (at least in early spring in Canada) and they slip out on me.

I'm not the biggest guy and don't have massive hands so once the wing gets to a certain size I'm sure that grip issues probably result in less than ideal results.

Other than the molds I listed does anyone know a mold in the 2.2cm (to possibly 2.3cm) wing width that can provide a similar flight to a Trespass that just might (because of the "faster" wing) provide the a bit more distance?

By specs and "flight numbers" a Raider might be close but my understanding of that mold is that it is quite a bit more HSS and LSS than a Trespass and Sheriff.

Anyway long ramble over. Not sure many Team DD guys actually use this mold given all the faster options they have. But it is a solid if not flashy choice.

just to add to the above

I recently picked up a 168 Moonshine Trespass. Domey. Wasn't sure what to expect as I typically throw 173-5.

Noticeable HSS. Good glide. The moonshine lucid was perhaps a touch "softer" or gummier than regular lucid.

If I can find one like this in a higher weight I will most likely purchase.

Hello Guys. I wanted to ask if anyone of you had a chance to test recent Lucid Moonshines close to max weight? I have an option to buy one at 174g as a compliment to my 172 Fuzion and 171 Bio. I was wandering if it'll be noticeably more stable and will handle in the head wind. Right now I use 175 Raider, 172D2 and 175 DD Hysteria in that slot. For reference I can consistently throw 390-410 and max 440. Thanks for your advice.

Hello Guys. I wanted to ask if anyone of you had a chance to test recent Lucid Moonshines close to max weight? I have an option to buy one at 174g as a compliment to my 172 Fuzion and 171 Bio. I was wandering if it'll be noticeably more stable and will handle in the head wind. Right now I use 175 Raider, 172D2 and 175 DD Hysteria in that slot. For reference I can consistently throw 390-410 and max 440. Thanks for your advice.

I haven't thrown a moonshine, but if you're looking for a more OS Trespass, grad a lucid-x. It bridges the gap between the trespass and Enforcer (OS) pretty well.

Has anyone tried the Lucid Chameleon Trespass? (I notice they are not Lucid-'X' Chameleon like the tour series, but just pretty lucids).

Curious if theyre molding up/flying any different compared to a normal lucid.

Has anyone tried the Lucid Chameleon Trespass? (I notice they are not Lucid-'X' Chameleon like the tour series, but just pretty lucids).

Curious if theyre molding up/flying any different compared to a normal lucid.

No personal experience, but I saw a Danny Lindahl video where he said they fly more OS that regular Lucid but not as OS as Lucid-X. So perhaps similar to a Moonshine?

I bag multiple Trespasses and one Raider for the more OS slot and quite like 'em both. However, I've had some issue with my finger joints when throwing with power grip and made a switch to fan grip. The fan grip unfortunately seems to highlight the differences in the rim profile, especially the height and "slant" of the inner side (I think that Innova calls that a plus rim).

I noticed that the Raider is just as good with the fan grip as it seems to have pretty much vertical inner edge, but Trespass feels like it has a bit of a "plus rim" and tends to slip out in the release. Does anyone know if there is a straighter disc in Trilogy line up with Raider-like rim?

The only other Trilogy driver with a rim that I like with the fan grip is in the Culverin, everything else seems to have more or less "plus rim".

Anybody tried the Metallic Moonshine Trespass yet? Is it more OS than your stock Lucid or even Lucid-X? Infinite seems to have few in stock.

Really like this disc. Have a beat Lucid, and a new Lucid and basically covers any line I've wanted to throw for that slot. Getting back into it after not playing for 4 years or so, and It's the only disc in my bag I can get out to 350+ on a reasonable line. Will be interested to see how it fits once I figure out working more power back into my drives.

Anyone have experience with the Trespass in Lucid Ice plastic?

Curious now that they are available outside the anniversary box.

This mold really is a Destroyer for noodle arms. I'm not sure why DD slapped a 12 speed on this disc. I can barely break 300 feet but im able to get a nice little flip up or flex with my well-loved Lucid Air. It's the only distance mold I can usually get out past my 9 speeds.

To sum it up I don't always (or to be honest pretty rarely) reach C1 on 300+ foot holes, but when I do it's with a Trespass

Has anybody been throwing the Trespass in new plastics?

I noticed the Trespass is available in multiple new plastics. Bought one pink flat high PLH Supreme one to replace my Lucid-X Trespass. It is beefy but propably will wear out quickly like discs in Latitudes Royal Grand plastic. When new its just a hint less overstable than new Lucid-X Trespass.

Trespasses in the new Lucid Ice Orbit plastic are really sweet. They got low PLH and huge dome. Looked like real bombers so I grabbed two of em. They are not flippy at all. I can barely get any turn out of them when throwing flat. With small anhyzer I can get them turn and they always finish with heavy fade. Really pleasant surprise. Hope these beats in well.

In attatchments dark red is Lucid-X, pink Supreme and white/orange is Lucid Ice Orbit.

Attachments

• IMG_20230615_083807.jpg
    IMG_20230615_083807.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230615_083843.jpg
    IMG_20230615_083843.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 15
I am very impressed with the Lucid Ice Orbit Trespass. I took it to the course for the first time today and on backhand power throws (around 370 ft) it would stay completely straight without drifting to the right when thrown flat, then had a forward fade very late in its last bit of flight. It is surprisingly easy to put on a long turnover and it pushes hyzer lines very well. It just feels very easy to throw and manipulate in general. I admittedly have never thrown a Trespass before this one, and it exceeded my expectations. I got more consistent distance out of it than I have with a lot of other straight to stable distance drivers. Since it does not have a very large fade at the end, I expect to eventually get pretty flippy but it does have enough swing at the end of it's flight to make placement accuracy pretty easy.

Just putting this out there, but based on feel alone, the Lucid/Opto/VIP Ice Orbit runs that Trilogy recently put out might be some of the best plastic ever to come out? The Trespass I got feels incredible in the hand. It's a true tactile delight. Something about the way that this plastic molds up is truly mind blowing to me. I can't help but make mental comparisons to CE. Time will tell how it seasons I guess. It looks and feels so good that I almost want to eat it.

Latest posts