• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I just got myself a new day-glow Star. It's got the "new" stamp with "Star Eagle" all on one line and the softer type face on the Innova logo. This is my first Star purchase since the stamp change. This particular disc is increadibly gummy / grippy. Very similar to FLX plastic, but a bit more rigid in the wing. It is also a bit less domey than any other Star Eagle I currently own.

Has anybody encountered this new blend of Star? Is this run-of-the-mill star now? Or something that just appeared this run? Either way, I am really digging this blend. Never really felt anything like it.

this could be a champy star blend.

21 Eagles

Some may say I have too many eagles, but it was the first disc I bought, and the first disc I got an ace with (the yellow 12x X mold), so I say you can't have too many ;)
L molds:
DSCF2361.jpg

X molds:
DSCF2363.jpg

One of the sickest dyes ever, by a local pro Ed Burde, his dye jobs are smooth and almost look like they're air brushed :thmbup::
DSCF2365.jpg

this could be a champy star blend.

Perhaps. It is quite a bit more transluscent in the flight plate than my other Star plastic. It lets quite a bit of light through.

All I know is: These gummy stars are the best feeling Eagles I have encountered.

I like Eagles and I use them. I just don't have all the tasty CE's and 11x's.

Just bough a dx eagle. Anyone use the dx ones?

Yes. Play a couple rounds just throwing it flat. Once it starts to turn over, you'll be able to put a little hyzer on it and it will glide forever. After a little more "seasoning", it will hold a nice gentle anhyzer line. I have a DX, a Champ X, and a Champ L. The DX when new was so impressive that I immediately bought two Champs.

The Eagle-X is the single most useful disc I have ever found.

Between the different plastics and stages of wear, they can do damn near anything, and do so reliably.

I'm kinda mad I lost a nice beat in 10X KC EL, it was my favorite turnover disc and a great roller. If anybody has any eagle L's they don't want that they will get rid of easily, let me know.

My DX is an X, 167g. I'm sure you'll want to get a Champ next. I'm really digging my bag now. Since I've discovered the versatility of multiple Eagles, I have less drivers in my bag. Now I have more room for specialty/get out of trouble discs; Whippet, Zone, beat up DX Stingray, etc. I was going to get a bigger bag, now I could probably squeeze two more discs in if I wanted to.

Latest posts