• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Yeah, all max weight, and apparently all the blue-ish color glow? That's all the pictures show on the proshop.

Which is a bummer. Pink color glow is very visible in almost any environment. The blue stuff just doesn't pop out, at least not to my eyes.

I picked up 3 of the CG Eagles from the BC Open fundraiser.

Blue and Orange

seem pretty beefy to me, certainly quite a bit more HSS and LSS than a CG Exodus (E L??)

the plastic is nice but maybe not quite as soft as other Innova color glow that I have.

I don't put a lot of use in mine at the moment but that's perhaps due to the courses I'm playing and the wind (not much)

I run a Splatter JLS, Exodus, and now the CG EX in the 7 speed slot. Seems like a decent mix.

Threw mine around a bit today. Definitely a bit more OS than the 2021 Star Barsby Eagles, but not radically so, pretty close to my F2 Champ Eagle. Plastics nice and buttery ala other CG discs. There does seem to be a bit more flashing on the underside than I'm used to with Innova. Though that may wear away with a few more rounds. Took some tree whacks and showed no damage.

Now that people have been throwing the 2022 CG Barsbys for a while, what are your thoughts? I have a couple and they both have a very mild dome and are fairly overstable. Really liking them and think that they will break into a perfect control Eagle. I have a CG Eagle from a 2021 tournament that is much stiffer than the plastic on the Barsby runs and also has a little more dome that I am not as big of a fan of the feel but still really like the flight.

Anyone else see that they redesigned the stamp on the champion Eagle... This just doesn't feel right

OTB is the only place https://otbdiscs.com/product/eagle/

IMG_1493.jpg

Ew. How does this look so wrong compared to a Paul McBeth Roc3 of ThB? I don't know but it does! Firebird is next… Barry Leos too…

I always preferred the older champ stamp anyway but why did it take them eight+ years to update all the stamps? It's almost been as long as the OG stock Champ stamp was around to begin with..

Yeah- that stamp is uUUgly. I don't get it. Why change a cassic??? On the other hand, the price on my backup stash of champ eagles just doubled.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of that new stock stamp.
(Transformation to grumpy old person: complete!)

Fortunately I have many, many Eagles to throw before I need to resort to throwing new stock.

Yeah that stamp looks wrong. Kinda glad the person buying my extra stock Eagles backed out of the deal.

The only Eagle in my bag right now is a Champion with the circle stamp. That would be my preferred stock stamp. Bring back circle stamps!

So, I currently bag a Felon for very stable shots and an FD for fairly straight to a little fade shots. I am in between an Eagle and a Teebird for that in between shot. I would prefer it be an Eagle, so here is your chance to convince me.

So, I currently bag a Felon for very stable shots and an FD for fairly straight to a little fade shots. I am in between an Eagle and a Teebird for that in between shot. I would prefer it be an Eagle, so here is your chance to convince me.

If you would prefer it be an Eagle, so be it! There's no accounting for taste, what do you want?

The 2022 Barsby Eagles might have the best feeling plastic I've ever touched. It's my first eagle so I'm still working with it and figuring it out. Nothing but good things to say so far.

Ive had a DX Eagle that I loved the feel of and flight of, but lost it in the reservoir. I bought a tee bird to replace it, however, I have never got a throw I like from it. For that reason I am considering buying an Eagle when I go to the local store to restock on Rocs.

Picked up a G* and Barsby Eagle. G* sails nicely for me, Barsby is a bit overstable but I expect it will beat into a very workable disc in time.

Latest posts