• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] eagle or teebird?

J painter

I am looking for a disc to complement my leopards. I want it to be nice and stable even when i rip it hard. I have heard that both the eagle and the teebird both would be able to fill the gap but i want to know what you guys think. and if there is another disc on the market that you think would fill what i want please tell me. If it happens to be the eagle please tell me either the eagle x or the regular. Thanks in advance guys!!

Well either disc could fit that bill.

Eagle X is the regular Eagle. If you go with an Eagle, and Eagle X is the one you'd want. They have a more curved bottom wing and the L is flatter like other L molds.

Personally I really like the way Teebirds and Leopards pair and I think you'd be really content with that setup. Eagle X's start out a little more overstable than I prefer, especially premium plastic versions. Once they break in they are really nice, but Teebirds just glide so well and go so straight it's hard to go wrong with them.

I also like the way Leopards and Teebirds pair.But if you are going to rip one HARD I will go with a Eagle L......and make sure it is flat.

I use both in star plastic and a cfr glow teebird. I'm totally in love with the glow bird, you can rip it long and straight but it never gets flippy. My star teebird is a little more on the overstable side than my glow, but that could be due to it being heavier.

I've had both in my bad for some time, bought and broken in at the same time. I have found the eagle will tend to give more of an s under a hard rip and your teebird will tend to just go straight then fade a bit harder. In my experience they really do follow their flight numbers.

175 champ leopard

for reference the teebird and eagle were both star 175 till the teebird dove in a lake earlier this week. Replaced magically by a 172 champ teebird found at lakes edge next day.

Last edited:
Personally, I prefer an Eagle X with a Leopard b/c I feel it covers more lines since the Eagle is more of a s-curving disc. If I need straight, I'll just finesse a Leopard. Really beat Teebirds and fresh Leos overlap too much for me.

I'm not sure what a X Eagle is, but I love the Eagle. 11 time champ eagle is very nice but will tend to turn over more in my opinion. I now have a 12 time champ Eagle and if I snap it hard it turns fast.

The Star Teebird I have started out a little overstable but with about a year of use a hard rip with it and I get a slight turn but nothing like I'd get with any Eagle.

I say a good companion to a Leopard is the Teebird-Star or Glow. My glow Teebird is alot newer but it is playing almost just the same as my Star one. I recommend going Star plastic.

I think the eagle X is a bit more versatile and can do more lines, and is more forgiving if you accidentaly turn it over, as it will tend to come back better. With DX EX's and Star/champ EX's you can cover all your fairway driver shots. For me teebirds are good at going straight with a little fade, but they can't do to much else. A lot of people like DX TB's in stages of wear, but I think the DX TB get uncontrollably flippy pretty quick. The DX EX takes awhile to be really flippy, and will still fade back for a long time, allowing you to throw more lines. I have a DX EX I've had in my bag since june or so that has gotten almost daily use and hit plenty of trees, and it still isn't what I'd call flippy.

The teebird is probably a little longer on a straight line, but for me it might only be 10 feet or so... if that. I can personally throw my 175 star eagle X farther than the teebird on a big flex shot, sometimes to about 380 or so.

Depends what the rest of your bag is, your skill set, and your current focus.

In my bag the correlation would be xl/leo avenger/tb talon/eagle.
Ive really tried to cut either the avenger or talon but ive finally realized i can simply love them both :)

i wouldn't advise getting hooked on a 11x KC Pro Teebird. OOP disc are not a great move. Find something you can easily replace. 12x should be fine if that's what you are used to throwing.

Alright thanks guys. If im gonna want it to not turn at all and just be straight with a fade ( when I throw it correctly) should i go with a champ teebird?

Eagle or Teebird? they are both fantastic discs, like saying do you want a Rolls Royce or a Bentley?

I have both in my bag and I treasure them always! I have a 175 eco star teebird and a 170 champion eagle (beat in). Both are great fairway drivers that are very accurate precise drives and up shots.

I use my teebird for shots 375-300 feet in which I need a straight shot with some fade, but certainly it can be bombed further. Teebird will only turn over if you put some good annie on it or if it is beat in. A beat in teebird can be a beautiful thing, they will go further.

I use my eagle for shots around the same distance. I use my 170 beat in champ eagle for shots that I want to turn right a little bit. A great thing about the eagle is that it will turn right with a good snap, but will flatten out and come back at the end of the flight.

Bottom line both are essential!

i have a beat 11x eagle and its still overstable, i dont get much distance out of it backhand but i like it for forehand shots, i prefer the t bird for longer shots if thats what your lookin for i would go with a t bird. i use em for forehand and backhand shots, i use a new one for hyzers and a beat one for hyzerflips, the t bird goes a long way and i get em over 400 feet pretty consistent

Your comparing apples to oranges.

I carry both, eagles for super straight and teebirds for more of a right to left hyzers

Eagle-L is going to feel more like a Leopard in your hands and have similar flight characteristics, just with more distance.

Latest posts