• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle v. Teebird

Eco81

Double Eagle Member
Tried the search feature and really suck at using it and am sure there are several threads about the teebird v eagle. Can someone please help me. What are the differences? A. Looking for something that is going to be a little more stable then my Viking but also a little bit shorter. I throw gazelles ow as my main fairway driver but they sometimes get pushed around in the wind and the saint is basically a Viking. Was hoping for the tb or eagle. I like Innova but am open to discraft. I tried the banshee and it was to overstabel.

Can't really go wrong with either. I've noticed that the Eagles feel a little slimmer in my hand than the Teebird, but I love the smooth lines that you can work with several Teebirds.

To me, the eagle is okay, it doesn't handle the speed well. The teebird can pretty much handle anything I put on it. From Annys, flex shots, hyzers or straight shots with hyzer finish

I flick eagles and it is my favorite disc period. I think it is a little easier to get some turnover on an eagle as opposed to a teebird and notice it the most once the eagle breaks in a good bit. Really I think they are both great discs and its just a matter of what you are looking for.

this is an example of why multiple threads are bad

Eco's question will have been answered in one of those other threads...but where would he start???

moving on

TB vs which Eagle? L or X?

the L ought to be less stable than an equivalent weight and plastic TB...it should turn more but still have good fade

the X ought to be more OS at the end of it's flight than the TB and EL but there should be some turn in it

the TB "excels" at straight shots with fade...once seasoned can work lines

the Eagle is perhaps better for working lines

can't really go wrong with either
(says me who throws neither)

To me, the eagle is okay, it doesn't handle the speed well. The teebird can pretty much handle anything I put on it. From Annys, flex shots, hyzers or straight shots with hyzer finish

How does an eagle not handle "the speed"? I have seen them thrown 400'+ with no issue. Was it a 150g DX Eagle L compared to a 175 champ teebird?

I like eagles. TeebirdS are longer but the eagle feels better in my hand hard to go wrong with either 1. I have a beat star teebird that is a good 1 that won't get traded. Eagle x should be more stable but will develop some turn and the wind doesn't bother them. Either way u can't go wrong

The Eagle/Teebird is a classic one-two combo for Fairway Drivers. I have horrible BH arm speed, so (as you can see by my sig) I throw a lot of Fairway drivers. I ditched the Teebird last year because I much prefer the Vibrams. But I can't get rid of my Eagles. I have several 9x KC Pros and I just love to throw them. You can't really put them on a laser beam though (CORRECTION: I can't put them on a laser beam!) like I can the Vibrams. Eagles are line shapers, either mold. They also feel better in my hands.

I used Teebirds as my main driver for about three years, so I can tell you it is an awesome disc. With good snap and follow through that thing will be a frozen rope until right at the end when it has a nice, gentle fade. Also holds a good hyzer line, but not so good for hyzer flipping in my experience.

I would say technically the Eagle is a more versatile disc, but I would think you would find yourself, when throwing fairway drives, using the Teebird a bit more because of it's awesome straightness right out of the box. But I would say get both in DX Plastic and work with them to find how they work best for you...kind of a cop out answer but hopefully the info I provided above helps somewhat.

Just depends on what feels better in your hand. I'm new to the eagle, so maybe I'm biased, but it seems saintish without the glide. Good disc, but just different, I guess. The teebird just feels a bit better in the hand to me and is dependable. That's probably the best way to describe the teebird. Throw it hard and flat and it will just go straight with a predictable fade at the end. It'll hold a huge hyzer all the way to the ground. Get one beat a little bit and it'll take a pretty little turn but stilll fade predictably. Stable enough for hard flicks, too. Just dependable. New champs are really stable in my experience, but still good. I've recently felt a few softer stars that are really nice. Super grippy. I'll never play a round without a bird in the bag.

The short answer is that Champ/Star Eagle-X's fade harder than Champ/Star TeeBirds.

Eagle-X's are a little bit easier to range and they will pull out of anhyzers better for throwing reverse-S curves.

Teebirds are better for smooth curves and straighter shots.

keep a champ teebird, star eagle x and an eagle l in your bag.....

This advice is backwards. .05 years of exp too.

Latest posts