• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle VS TeeBird

Eagle VS TeeBird

• Total voters
Very similar distance overall, but Eagle turns harder & fades harder. Teebird flies on a straighter line, requiring less lateral "play".

I'll third that...
I specifically use my eagle when I want that harder hook and fade. Also use it for slower FH shots from maybe 150' out if I need to curve to the right around obstacles. That hook is pretty predictable.

The teebird goes straight no matter how you throw it! I personally like the Teebird for sidearm drives in tight wooded passages. It goes pretty far and straight when thrown RHBH, too.

As for the Eagle, it has a much higher propensity to turnover at high speeds than the Teebird. As others have expressed, I'm not a big fan of the Eagle based on its turnover and fade in some cases. But the teebird (and TL) never leave my bag!

Teebird gets my vote.
Very similar discs, but for me the Eagle does cut a bit sharper at the end of its flight.
Teebird is my straightest disc for driving and long tight fairways.
I do give respect to the Eagle- was my first driver.

tight shots over 270 weren't covered in my bag until i learned to throw the teebird, so you know where my vote went. rhyno roller.

The Teebird is a great disc but the X-mold Eagle get's my vote. It's been my go to driver since it came out. I carry 3-5 of them in my bag at all times, all the same weight, conditions range from new to well beat in. From 300-420' the Eagle is money for hyzers, late turnovers, perfectly straight shots, slight S shots & threading needles. For me the Eagle holds lines better.

Other thoughts: Damn you Innova for making 2 completely different discs & marking them both as the Eagle.

Count me in on the both bandwagon. The Teebird excels at straight and far. That shot is so useful it's worth carrying a Teebird just for that. The couple of hyzer and anhyzer lines it will hold well are just a bonus.

The Eagle-X excels at just about everything else. It's one of, if not the, most versatile driver out there. In various stages of wear you can get it to hold pretty much any line from pure hyzers to pure anhyzers to all 'S' shots that hold flat for a while, turn whenever you want and then either do or don't fade.

I went with the Teebird, as others have said its great at straight with a little fade at the end. I loved my Eagles, but I lost the last one last summer and have yet to replace it.

Thats a hard one for the first three years of my playing days all I used was an Eagle. But as my game has developed and Ive used more and more discs the TeeBird has filled my Fairway driver slot. I love the Eagle and it is without a doubt one of the greatest discs of all time (a better thumber disc then a TeeBird) but I have to throw my hat in with the TeeBird.

never liked the teebird- (yeah, sacrilege, i know)- they always seemed to be right at the level of stability where i couldn't count on it to do one thing or another on a regular basis. eagle, on the other hand, is one of the most consistent flyers i have ever thrown.

Generally speaking on any hole from the 250-280 range(which there seems to be a lot of in this area) i will be reaching for my DX teebird. I can make it do whatever I want. That disc is simply awesome.

I've become a Teebird fan. Flies dead straight, can give it a liittle anny or hyzer if you want and it holds the line, fade isn't too drastic. Works good in wind. Nice glide yet remains stable. Grip it and rip it. For me, it seemed a bit more forgiving. I've used a 167 and just stepped up to a 170. :)

I had 2 Eagles as well in matching weights, it turns a bit, but it fades more, and less glide IMO. I didn't see it as anything special. :( I had a bit more distance and control with the Teebird.

I know this is a Teebird vs Eagle debate, but I prefer a Leopard for true turning shots. The Eagle for me was just in between, so I use the T and Leopard as my primary fairway drivers. I can cover more shots.

If I could only have one driver, fairway or distance, it would be a Teebird.

Ditto that! Well, except I would rather have a Destroyer over the Teebird.

Ditto that! Well, except I would rather have a Destroyer over the Teebird.

Why do people keep bringing up Destroyers when discussing fairway drivers? This is the 2nd time in as many days that I've seen this and I just don't get it. A Destroyer has to be freakin' crushed to get it to fly straight.

Why do people keep bringing up Destroyers when discussing fairway drivers? This is the 2nd time in as many days that I've seen this and I just don't get it. A Destroyer has to be freakin' crushed to get it to fly straight.

Seriously! I find both to be excellent but have had more luck with a CE Eagle. I got one ace with that one and none thus far with a t bird. Tough call though but right away an eagle is easier to use although a t bird might be better once it is broken in.

compairing ce plastic: eagle and teebird, both have two separate mold releases, eagle the el and the e, and the teebird the tl and the t. so really there are four different flying discs in just one category of plastic.
i find the eagle to be the more control oriented disc thus making it more versatile in more situations during a round. the teebird definitely flys further on similar throws though, so it goes to personal preference.....for me the eagle :) woohoo.

i carry 3 teebirds in various stages of wear so i picked teebird. i did recently add a star eagle-x to my bag and have begun working it into my field practice. i'm hoping as it beats in a little and i start getting some love from it.