• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle

I've been meaning to try an eagle again after many years without one. I also want to try a leopard again....

Which should I start with, leopard or eagle?....looking for a fairway driver that finishes nicely on longer shots than the buzzz.....

I've been meaning to try an eagle again after many years without one. I also want to try a leopard again....

Which should I start with, leopard or eagle?....looking for a fairway driver that finishes nicely on longer shots than the buzzz.....

FWIW, the Leopard (a CE) was my first 'real' driver. After years not using one, I found I turned and burned it badly with my current throw when I took one out recently. I'm sure I could find a use for it, but I haven't gotten around to it. Haven't tried an eagle yet, but I've got one in the mail.

K.

Is the Eagle X the only one being produced right now as a thread from last year stated?

I just bought a new eagle to replace my 11x which isn't looking so great, and I was surprised to find they're both Ls (both champ). Good for now, worrisome for the future.

Is the Eagle X the only one being produced right now as a thread from last year stated?

I just bought a new eagle to replace my 11x which isn't looking so great, and I was surprised to find they're both Ls (both champ). Good for now, worrisome for the future.

As far as I know. But there are tons of champ L's still floating around on store shelves. The best sure fire way of getting an Eagle X is by buying a Star Eagle.

Dave D. of Innova supposedly loves his "L" molds so I wouldn't be surprised if the Eaglet gets another run in a year or two.

I may have asked this before, but how does an Eagle and Teebird compare? A Teebird should be slightly more stable than an Eagle, but some people carry both in their bag, if they are so similar why do this?

I love the eagle. Rare combo of stability and narrow rim and glide makes for a unique predictable manipulative disc. What I'd really like to know is why people hate the eagle.

I don't hate it per say, but you won't find one in my bag. The Teebird fits your "rare combo" better than the Eagle for me. The Teebird has less turn, less fade, and more glide. I even like the T-Bone more than the Eagle, which has similar flight characteristics to the Eagle, but goes a little further with less effort. If I want something with more fade than the Teebird I'll step up to the S-PD and if I want something with more turn I'll throw the TL or P-PD. Ain't no room for the Eagle when surrounded by better discs.

Boy is there alot of love for the Eagle....i am loving mine....going to get a Star one as well

I carry a Champ Teebird and a DX Eagle and the T-Bird is a good bit more overstable for me. When I need a tight straight shot with minimal fade it's the Eagle, when I have room to work right to left it's the Bird.

I may have asked this before, but how does an Eagle and Teebird compare? A Teebird should be slightly more stable than an Eagle, but some people carry both in their bag, if they are so similar why do this?

Slow enough to have wicked control, and fast enough to maintain a fairly low flight line. Backhand, forehand, thumbers, working lines, fighting the wind, the Eagle does it all.

The TeeBird is a one trick pony (but it does that one trick very well.) It flies straight, with very little fade, once it is a little beat-in. Very much a point-and-shoot disc. The Eagle is for everything else.

I guess I should have said:

Slow enough to have wicked control, and fast enough to maintain a fairly low flight line. Backhand, forehand, thumbers, working lines, fighting the wind, the Eagle does it all. (but fly straight)

Latest posts