• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

easy way to carry an ashtray

One time I was at Mt. Airy and met this hippy chick. While walking, I threw a cig on the ground, and then she proceeded to pick up random butts for the rest of the round. The entire situation was awkward at best, cus I was from out of state and she was too nice to say anything. I felt so damn bad. Ever since then I try harder to go out my way to make sure they end up in the trash can.

Mostly just pinch and roll the tobacco out and put the filter in my pocket.

And on a muggy day you can dip your fingers in the ashes like climbing chalk!

Another cool ashtray fix is to buy candy that comes in a little metal tin (The Chocolate Traveler for me). I've had that tin for years and it fits in the Grips side pouch (outside mini pocket)

Mostly just pinch and roll the tobacco out and put the filter in my pocket.

We called that "field stripping" when I was grouped with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.
I generally just stuff them in my pocket and empty it out when I chance on a trash can.
I guess it would be prudent to remind other smokers to make sure the ember is extinguished.
Wouldn't want to risk burning down the course...:doh:

I cant post pics but id be happy to email you one :\

i used to carry it in my second drink holder too but prefer latching it on much better.

I usually just pinch off the cherry and stomp it out then throw the butt in the bag.
Another idea would be to get a short 5" piece of 2" dowel (the size that is in your closet) drill a row of holes in a tad bit longer than your cigarette butt size and a tad bit larger diameter. It will snuff it right out and you have all butts together to throw away in the end.

AshTray-Cup-405x225.jpg

slap it in your cup holder.

^^ yupp thats why i had too.. lost mine have to find another.. prob hit up dolla tree to something

I'm surprised no one recommended a small ibuprofen bottle or a Rx bottle. It's air tight (close enough) and it takes up little to no space in the dg bag. Just a suggestion from an almost ex-smoker ;)

Like i said earlier, any way you do is cool, but i think folks are missing the advantages;
Theres no fumbling through, no smashing it out, no taking up your pocket or cup space.

Latest posts