• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Elite Z Avenger not available??

sparty

I toss my Elite Z Avenger as an overhand thumber disc for 300ft straight shots or shots where I need to go up and over trees. Discraft has stopped making this disc from what I gather. Is there another comparable disc like the Avenger I can use? I am so use to the flight pattern that its going to be hard for me to switch! Any advice is much appreciated.

Here is what DC sent to me:

Hi,

I was also a big fan of the Avenger, really solid stable disc. The best comparisons that we produce today would be between the Vulture and the Anax.

Avenger flight ratings 10 | 5 | 0 | 3
Vulture flight rating 10 | 5 | 0 | 2
Anax flight rating 10 | 6 | 0 | 3

So the Anax should have more glide and a very similar stability to the Avenger and the Vulture should have identical glide and be slightly less stable. I would recommend a Z Vulture since you like the Elite Z blend and the stock Anax is only available in ESP plastic.

Hope that helps and let us know if you have any other questions!

FWIW the Innova Starfire to me was basically the same disc. I've had Millennium QOLF that was also right there. Those might* be options.

*I hurt my arm and stopped throwing discs this fast years ago, so I'm going off distant memory and you probably need a second opinion.

i would go with the vulture more plastic options and cheaper. the vulture feels like an avenger that had the bottom rounded a little. i find it more comfortable for thumbers then the avenger.
As mentioned before if you are not just looking at Discraft the OLF is a great option.

I used to throw a Flick or Predator for OH's. I wasn't throwing them 300 feet and that was years ago. Hurts my shoulder too much now.

A champ Orc worked well too for non Discraft. But finding the right thumber disc is a tricky thing. Lots of personal preference involved.

I find the Vulture to be really similar to the original Avenger. A raptor (9/3/0/4, 2.1) would be another decent option.