• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

The Emac is a pretty superior disc! Maybe you should take your verdicts to PIAS and buy more Emacs. jk. I haven't tried the Lucid sparkle but my lucid Emacs are the bomb!
The verdict is superior

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The verdict is superior

I bag both for different shots and they're both excellent midranges. The EMAC is dead straight for 90% of the flight, then has a very predictable fade. My Verdict is much more overstable.

I bought a Bio Verdict and a Bio EMac at the same time. Both 178-179. The EMac seemed like it had almost as much fade as the Verdict when they were new- or at least enough fade that the difference didn't matter. The difference for me was that the EMac picked up turn but kept its fade, while the Verdict has never picked up any turn, and the fade has always been pretty mild for what it is.

I wasn't sad when I lost the EMac on a water shot, while I still really like the Verdict. The Verdict would probably be on my personal top-5 favorite discs ever list.

Seems this thread took on a verdict flavor.

I really enjoy the truth, and am pretty invested in it. Im wondering if anyone is pairing the truth with only one OS disc (ie a putter mood, the truth, and OS mid/putter).

I bag a verdict and zone, but wouldn't mind trying to consolidate those into one mold. Thoughts??

The verdict is superior

I guess you're entitled to your incorrect opinion....

I bag both, as the feel of the two in the hand for me is very similar. However the verdict is significantly more overstable than the 2 beat lucid emac truths I rely on for most of my midrange work. Definitely a spot for both in the bag, but the EMac is much more versatile

Seems this thread took on a verdict flavor.

I really enjoy the truth, and am pretty invested in it. Im wondering if anyone is pairing the truth with only one OS disc (ie a putter mood, the truth, and OS mid/putter).

I bag a verdict and zone, but wouldn't mind trying to consolidate those into one mold. Thoughts??

I have an eMac cycle with a mortar for the os spot. Can certainly do everything a zone can

The EMac Truth definitely has its place. I bagged one briefly, but decided it was too inconsistent.

The EMac is a long midrange. I thought it seemed slightly sleeker and faster than most other mids. I was easily outdistancing a Buzz or Pain with it.

The problem with the EMac Truth is that it can't decide what it wants to do. If you really mash on it the disc flips. If you throw it softly the disc stalls out and fades. It just didn't end up being what I was looking for in a mid. I have since replaced mine with a champion Roc3. The Roc3 is slower, slightly shorter, and much straighter (less flippy).

The Emac Truth is useful for those rare drives that are just too long for most mids, but short of what you'd need a fairway driver for. You could almost do the same thing with a Zombee.

I bag both, love both, couldn't simplify to just one. I bagged the Verdict for a few years before adding the Zone, for all the BH reasons but also for FH shots and FH approaches. Over time my FH got a lot better and longer, so the Verdict would just hold too much speed and float and skip on those approaches under 150' for me. Adding the Zone, it could really take over those shorter approaches, I can even push them to 270'ish when there's no ceiling. Whereas the Verdict is for laser FH's 200+ that can push forward on the ground. Quite different for me when I'm trying to pinpoint landings or FH laser a tunnel.

Also in wind both BH and FH the Zone is way more HSS, like a speed 3 Firebird, whereas the Verdict will be straight like a Teebird.

I pair the EMac with a Justice. My Emacs have been very consistent where I feel like adding a verdict wouldn't do much for my bag unless the wind was really up. I also use zones and harps interchangeably. As far as the US spot I've been rocking Comets for a while but from time to time i'll throw in a regular Lucid Truth.

The EMac Truth definitely has its place. I bagged one briefly, but decided it was too inconsistent.

The EMac is a long midrange. I thought it seemed slightly sleeker and faster than most other mids. I was easily outdistancing a Buzz or Pain with it.

The problem with the EMac Truth is that it can't decide what it wants to do. If you really mash on it the disc flips. If you throw it softly the disc stalls out and fades. It just didn't end up being what I was looking for in a mid. I have since replaced mine with a champion Roc3. The Roc3 is slower, slightly shorter, and much straighter (less flippy).

The Emac Truth is useful for those rare drives that are just too long for most mids, but short of what you'd need a fairway driver for. You could almost do the same thing with a Zombee.

This sounds suspiciously (in a good way) like a Cheetah to me.

Side note: Something to 'consolidate' a Verdict and Zone? For me, that's the Hornet, but the Hornet is OOP now...

I bag both, love both, couldn't simplify to just one. I bagged the Verdict for a few years before adding the Zone, for all the BH reasons but also for FH shots and FH approaches. Over time my FH got a lot better and longer, so the Verdict would just hold too much speed and float and skip on those approaches under 150' for me. Adding the Zone, it could really take over those shorter approaches, I can even push them to 270'ish when there's no ceiling. Whereas the Verdict is for laser FH's 200+ that can push forward on the ground. Quite different for me when I'm trying to pinpoint landings or FH laser a tunnel.

Also in wind both BH and FH the Zone is way more HSS, like a speed 3 Firebird, whereas the Verdict will be straight like a Teebird.

I also bag both a Zone and Verdict and have nearly identical thoughts to you. They fly so different from each other that I really don't see any overlap or need to remove one from the bag.

If anything, I feel like the Emac Truth is the disc that could be removed to streamline a bag. I personally love my Emacs but am interested to see my Verdicts' entire life cycle.

I could see myself eventually just bagging a beat and fresh Verdict, plus a beat and fresh Evidence. Four mids, two molds. All of that is in theory though, since right now my mids are all pretty fresh so I've got four molds in there.

If anything, I feel like the Emac Truth is the disc that could be removed to streamline a bag. I personally love my Emacs but am interested to see my Verdicts' entire life cycle.

My Lucid Verdict has been in the bag for like 4 years so if it was going to have a wear cycle it should have shown by now. It will show turn on hard forehands but just glide straight on backhands before fading. Compared to a very beefy/fresh Emac it still kicks into its fade earlier. The Emac is extremely HSS but the fade is later and the Verdict is more sweeping.

I could see myself eventually just bagging a beat and fresh Verdict, plus a beat and fresh Evidence. Four mids, two molds. All of that is in theory though, since right now my mids are all pretty fresh so I've got four molds in there.

I agree. I COULD bag the Emac Truth and probably find shots for it. Thing is, I could also bag other mids that are useful for a wider range of shots, and that do said shots better.

The Emac Truth was definitely an "odd disc out" for me. I didn't hate it, but I didn't find enough use for it on the course. The Roc3 also kicked the crap out of it as far as I was concerned.

I agree. I COULD bag the Emac Truth and probably find shots for it. Thing is, I could also bag other mids that are useful for a wider range of shots, and that do said shots better.

The Emac Truth was definitely an "odd disc out" for me. I didn't hate it, but I didn't find enough use for it on the course. The Roc3 also kicked the crap out of it as far as I was concerned.

funny.....the Emac Truth kicked out my Roc, then Roc3. My mid selection is either a spider and emac or my emac and justice. The latter is what I'll be using today.

Well the Roc3 and Emac fill the same slot in my opinion, and the point I was trying to make is that I think a Verdict might be able to beat in to take over that workhorse slot. So replacing an Emac with a Roc3 isn't the point. A better correlation would be working in a RocX3 to take over your fresh Roc3 slot. I've got a Biofuzion Verdict that is getting pretty darn close in stability to my fresh sparkle Lucid Emac, which is where my hypothesis came from.

Quasi-related note: I've got a stack of Roc3's collecting dust in my basement because the Emac Truth beat them out as a better workhorse mid for me. In my experience Emac fights the wind better and powers up better; Roc3 powers down better and has better baseline plastics to beat in (only because DD doesn't make the Emac Truth in Classic & Classic Blend...Prime plastic sucks IMO). I could see why someone would choose the Roc3 in a head-to-head, but I play in the midwest so wind resistance is a priority. I also throw fast fairways, so a mid that powers up well is more beneficial than a mid that powers down well.

Quasi-related note: I've got a stack of Roc3's collecting dust in my basement because the Emac Truth beat them out as a better workhorse mid for me. In my experience Emac fights the wind better and powers up better; Roc3 powers down better and has better baseline plastics to beat in (only because DD doesn't make the Emac Truth in Classic & Classic Blend...Prime plastic sucks IMO). I could see why someone would choose the Roc3 in a head-to-head, but I play in the midwest so wind resistance is a priority. I also throw fast fairways, so a mid that powers up well is more beneficial than a mid that powers down well.

Have you thrown Star Roc3's? I haven't thrown many but have found that they seem to be more stable-OS. They power up extremely well and resist wind extremely well. I keep waffling about keeping one in the bag or maybe just for breezy days.

I think the Emac is pretty different from Roc3's to me, I have a real hard time powering down Emacs but they are fast and love to go on lower ceilings. Almost a fairway driver flight path but in a midrange. I don't think I throw hard enough to use them as my workhorse mid, only for certain shots, but I think if I could easily throw mids 330-360' then I would really consider them and they would encroach on a lot of my fairway driver shots but with a very tight flight path.

Truth has been in my bag since 2013. Started with Lucid, switched to Fuzion, weights in the 166-168 range. The old Truths are flat-topped, nearly stable, hold an anny beautifully, and the shallow rim works nicely with my sidearm. For reference, I typically use the Truth in the 200-260' range.

In contrast, recent Fuzion EMac Truths have a sloped shoulder, mild dome, and worst of all fly noticeably less stable. I might have an old Lucid Truth that I can use to compare flights, but I've been tossing the Truth a long time and know how it should fly.

Isn't the EMac Truth supposed to be stable like the old Truths?

Did I just get a bad batch of Fuzion Emacs?

Are there Truths in plastics other than Fuzion that retain the flat top and stable flight that I have relied on for so long?

Background: None of my other discs seem to be flying differently (see signature). I don't throw far but I do drive with putters and 150-class drivers so I know a little about throwing cleanly. I tried the Verdict a while ago in various plastics but did not bond with it. Previously I used DX Rocs or Moonshine Buzzz as my stable midrange. I pair the Truth with a 400G M4 as my straight to understable midrange.

Truth has been in my bag since 2013. Started with Lucid, switched to Fuzion, weights in the 166-168 range. The old Truths are flat-topped, nearly stable, hold an anny beautifully, and the shallow rim works nicely with my sidearm. For reference, I typically use the Truth in the 200-260' range.

In contrast, recent Fuzion EMac Truths have a sloped shoulder, mild dome, and worst of all fly noticeably less stable. I might have an old Lucid Truth that I can use to compare flights, but I've been tossing the Truth a long time and know how it should fly.

Isn't the EMac Truth supposed to be stable like the old Truths?

Did I just get a bad batch of Fuzion Emacs?

Are there Truths in plastics other than Fuzion that retain the flat top and stable flight that I have relied on for so long?

Background: None of my other discs seem to be flying differently (see signature). I don't throw far but I do drive with putters and 150-class drivers so I know a little about throwing cleanly. I tried the Verdict a while ago in various plastics but did not bond with it. Previously I used DX Rocs or Moonshine Buzzz as my stable midrange. I pair the Truth with a 400G M4 as my straight to understable midrange.

I throw lucid emacs that are flat. Have definitely noticed them being more domey the past year or so. You can find flat ones but they are outnumbered by the domey ones. The old truths with the eMac world championship stamp are generally flat and great but can be pricey. Look through some Lucids would be my advice!