• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

I think so. I recently got an EMac after a year or so of thinking my old Truth was an EMac and it was not. The two are very different. My EMac has not turned on me ever. Then again, if throwing into a wind, I generally grab my Verdict.

Makes sense, in theory this is supposed to be an eMac.

It has the larger silhouette right up into the word Truth and the lettering on the back says eMac Truth.

Looking more carefully it is a 176 not a 179, but I doubt that is the issue.

So maybe that's it, I got a one off that has unusual HS turn. I will try another one, because I would love this disc totally straight.

I do throw the verdict as well, especially for the wind and it is fantastic.

I'm struggling a bit with the eMac Truth.

I am bagging 2 eMac Lucid Truths currently.

One is beat and has a beautiful sweeping HS turn (it was used when i got it).

I also purchased new a eMac luCid Truth 179 thinking it would be straighter.

It is straighter, but it is not straight, it still exhibits quite a substantial HS turn.

I also have a Westside Warship and the Warship has less HS turn than the eMac Truth.

The Truth does have more LS fade than the Warship.

I know form comes into this a lot

But I am struggling to understand Why the eMac Truth would be less HSS than a Warship.

Did I just get a unusual eMac Truth?

I have essentially the same issue. I have a Lucid eMac Truth (172g) and as it has beat in a little it has developed a significant amount of turn. I am sure some of it is from my various OAT problems, but my slightly beat Champ Roc3 doesn't turn at all. It's still a great disc as the glide is amazing and the turn is useful in carving paths around trees, but it is not straight at all.

Looking at possibly getting an EMAC Truth as a replacement for my Shark. Looking around the 171g weight and trying to decide between the Lucid and the Biofusion plastics.

Is this information correct?
The Lucid is more stable than the Biofusion and the Biofusion offers better grip than the Lucid

Thought about the Fugitive as well but it doesn't seem to be offered in a great number of plastics or weights so I'm thinking it might be discontinued soon?

Thanks!

TripleB

Last edited:
Looking at possibly getting an EMAC Truth as a replacement for my Shark. Looking around the 171g weight and trying to decide between the Lucid and the Biofusion plastics.

Is this information correct?
The Lucid is more stable than the Biofusion and the Biofusion offers better grip than the Lucid

Thought about the Fugitive as well but it doesn't seem to be offered in a great number of plastics or weights so I'm thinking it might be discontinued soon?

Thanks!

TripleB

As far as grip goes, I always think that Bio or Fuzion has better grip than Lucid. But just this morning I mixed up a stack of my Trilogy drivers, closed my eyes, and tried to guess the plastic. I had no idea and was wrong on ones I was sure of. Most grippy was a Lucid type plastic that I'd had and worked in for a couple of years. Fresh Bio was what I thought wasn't as grippy with my eyes closed. I think a lot of it is a mental thing when you are staring at the disc, Bio does look grippier compared to something transparent. Also once a disc has had several weeks of scuffs from the ground they get far less slick. Essentially to me they feel so similar, it depends on how gummy and scuffed up the particular disc is.

You can also look at the regular/non-Emac Truths, if you are throwing them under 275' they shouldn't really turn either. Maybe they are easier to get a glidey straight/predictable flight for slower arms, like a speed 5 Pure? Someone else will have to chime in with their experience with regular vs. Emac on lower ranges, I typically use mids 260-330' range so normal Truths turn for me.

You can also look at the regular/non-Emac Truths, if you are throwing them under 275' they shouldn't really turn either. Maybe they are easier to get a glidey straight/predictable flight for slower arms, like a speed 5 Pure? Someone else will have to chime in with their experience with regular vs. Emac on lower ranges, I typically use mids 260-330' range so normal Truths turn for me.

Interesting experiment...I appreciate you sharing your results.

I've definitely got a slower arm speed right now due to the fact that I'm concentrating mainly on my form and grip (and the fact I'm 50 years young).

I've got my Opto Pure I love for straight and short (right now average around 205' with max at 230') and a Leopard for straight and a bit longer (average around 225' with max about 270'). What's crazy is I'm only average around 190' with my Shark (with a fade).

I've got straight flights figured out (most of the time)...I really need a disc that will take me out straight and then fade at the end because of some holes where I have to be dead straight for a ways and then have a fade at the end (my new home course has a good number of holes where a straight path was cut through the forest and then they decided to put the target 20 to 50 feet left at the end to make the holes more challenging).

Thanks for your input!

TripleB

I've recently purchased an opto Pure, prime eMac Truth, and a Bio eMac Truth.

On full rips, the Pure has both less turn and less fade for me than either of the eMac Truths. They do go further and end up pretty much straight, but aren't quite as straight getting there.

You'd probably be better off learning to throw your Shark.

If you want a firmer straight flight with finish then you are right, the EMac will be better. I do agree with jjmiller that the flight is different than the Shark...I find DX Shark and Roc are very similar, and fly more like a longer traditional putter...very straight with some finish. Truth type mids will be more of a -1/1 type of flight, throw it hard and lower, and get out there on speed. Variations of -1/1 depending on disc, form, power...whereas Shark is more 0/2 or something like that depending on how beat. Point is that they will hint at turn and flex back for a straight flight compared to holding a straight angle.

An Emac Truth really isn't a replacement for a shark unless your looking for a different flight. Especially brand new in premium plastic. Regular truth would be closer or an Evidence. Shark has a good bit of turn out of the box vs Truths.

Maybe look for a used truth to find a shark type flight.

Also, a warrant is an awesome mid to work with and have in your bag for understable (shark like) duties.

Can someone comment on the wear cycle of prime emacs? Looking for a mid that quickly develops healthy turn while maintaining fade, like an eagle. This as opposed to a more Teebird type flight, where LSS goes first.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

My Lucid eMac started out sort of like a Buzzz OS and after a couple of months, it flies pretty much like a fresh Z Buzzz for me and has stayed that way. Mine did not take long at all to lose its HSS but I'm okay with that. It's kept me from having to buy fresh Z Buzzzes all the time.

Can someone comment on the wear cycle of prime emacs? Looking for a mid that quickly develops healthy turn while maintaining fade, like an eagle. This as opposed to a more Teebird type flight, where LSS goes first.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I can't speak to the Prime eMac Truth, but the Prime Verdicts definitely wear that way. They start out very overstable, but start to develop a little high speed turn fairly quickly while still keeping a hard fade. I'd hazzard a guess the Prime eMac might be similar but with a less biting fade.

I've played a couple of rounds with a Prime EMac. It seems like it's starting to pick up some turn already, but it was also windy the last time I played. I can update as I throw it more, if that would be helpful...

Just picked up a Bio Verdict 178g from Mando's disc golf shop in Auburn, WA. Was going to snag a medium dagger too, but $30 was not going to be enough... :sick: I might expect to pay that much if there was shipping involved, but I digress... local business, yada yada.

What can I expect from the wear pattern of the bio emacs? Do they drop LSS or HSS first?

I plan to bag a 175g Lucid Verdict, a 178g Bio Emac, a 171g ESP Comet and a 175g X Comet as a mid lineup, along with a couple zones to cover that glideless overstable short mid slot.

Put 20 rounds of wear on all that, and I would probably grab another Verdict, maybe max weight and in moonshine, to put an OS bookend on the whole thing. I would consider a justice too, only if it would be comfy to FH.

Has anyone one threw the new Peter McBride Emac Truths, if so how are they feeling and flying compared to stock? Thanks in advance.

Has anyone else found the sparkle lucid Emac Truths to hold their stability way longer than normal lucid?

I've been throwing a sparkle Emac (one that was a fundraiser disc for 2017 GBO) as my workhorse mid for 3-4 months. I love the disc, but it still doesn't seem to have any of the 'new' beat out of it yet. My problem with that is that all the mids around it in my bag are wearing in fairly consistently, while just that one stubborn Emac is holding stability and creating a logjam with my Verdicts and a larger gap with my Evidences.

Is my Emac a freak or is this normal for sparkle lucid plastic? I feel like it's an even more stubborn disc than my Moonshines in various molds, and Moonshine is known for that extra tick of stability and durability.

Has anyone else found the sparkle lucid Emac Truths to hold their stability way longer than normal lucid?

I've been throwing a sparkle Emac (one that was a fundraiser disc for 2017 GBO) as my workhorse mid for 3-4 months. I love the disc, but it still doesn't seem to have any of the 'new' beat out of it yet. My problem with that is that all the mids around it in my bag are wearing in fairly consistently, while just that one stubborn Emac is holding stability and creating a logjam with my Verdicts and a larger gap with my Evidences.

Is my Emac a freak or is this normal for sparkle lucid plastic? I feel like it's an even more stubborn disc than my Moonshines in various molds, and Moonshine is known for that extra tick of stability and durability.

Never noticed a difference with sparkle plastic from trilogy. I have had one in the bag for a year or so and it has broken in at the normal rate.

The Emac is a pretty superior disc! Maybe you should take your verdicts to PIAS and buy more Emacs. jk. I haven't tried the Lucid sparkle but my lucid Emacs are the bomb!

Never noticed a difference with sparkle plastic from trilogy. I have had one in the bag for a year or so and it has broken in at the normal rate.

Yeah, I had always heard they flew the same as normal Lucid. But I've bagged this thing for probably 40+ rounds and it's been one of my most thrown discs during that time, and yet it still is just as stable as the day I bought it. Every other Lucid disc I've owned has starting beating in by that point.

The Emac is a pretty superior disc! Maybe you should take your verdicts to PIAS and buy more Emacs. jk. I haven't tried the Lucid sparkle but my lucid Emacs are the bomb!

Yeah, a fresh Emac is a thing of beauty...but so is a beat in Verdict and a fresh Verdict. Some great mids in the DD lineup for sure.

Yeah, I had always heard they flew the same as normal Lucid. But I've bagged this thing for probably 40+ rounds and it's been one of my most thrown discs during that time, and yet it still is just as stable as the day I bought it. Every other Lucid disc I've owned has starting beating in by that point.

Sounds like one of those good problems.

Latest posts