• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

So here is a profile of my EMAC Truth that appears to be warped but it could possibly be the camera angle. I think it is a dud like you guys are saying indeed. It flew like that right out of the package and it kinda looked a little funny when I first got it. I must say it kinda flies similar to a claymore maybe.

http://imgur.com/Ynu68nO

It does looks warped. Does it sit flat on a flat surface? As in, if you set it down and then press down on it, do you push some of the edge down to the surface or is it already touching all the way around? Warped discs definitely fly less stable; it's one of the reasons hitting trees with baseline plastic tends to make the disc less stable so quickly. I've had a few discs come to me warped in the mail or had the mailman shove them into my mailbox when it was hot for a few hours which warped them.

If it is warped, you can usually fix it as long as you want the disc to be flat (which it probably already is in this case). Just put it upside down on a flat surface and pour boiling water into it. Then put a heavy book on top of it (a little wax paper will protect the book itself if you care). Leave it like that for an hour or so and the warping should be gone (and it will also be flat if it wasn't already).

Not trying to argue, but I would not go with the boiling water method. Leave the disc outside somewhere warm for a day and see if it regains it's shape. The natural heat should get it back close enough to the original mold shape. If not, contact DD and I'm sure they'll get things sorted out for you.

IMO you're only going to introduce more flight inconsistency if you're trying to flatten the disc just to remove some warping. Especially since it seems that the EMac Truths are intended to be slightly more domey than their OG brethren.

You can even just boil some water in a pot and place the disc dome up over it for 8-10 seconds until the plastic expands a bit, then knock it off on the counter dome up and let it cool. It should retain some dome and get rid of warpage.

You can also contact Dynamic and/or the seller and they will take care of you, especially if you're unable to get the disc back in to shape.

thanks I got it from Infinite Discs so I will just reach out to them and let them know. Would be nice to get a Emac Truth that flies the correct way indeed. (thanks for all the suggestions indeed I was a bit curious on why it was so inconsistent with what people were reviewing) mystery solved

I just got a Emac Truth at a 2 disc challenge and I love it! It is noticeably more stable than a regular Truth but with very similar fade. I'm very happy with it.

How are these seasoning for you guys?

After only half a dozen rounds with my 177g clear EMAC Truth it's already showing a lot more high speed turn than I want. I throw Truths ALOT in a round, so its certainly had the new knocked off it, but it's certainly not well seasoned.

I used to lean on Truths heavily, but at this point I've lost confidence in them and I dont reach for them. I'll put my first run frost Claymore on a steeper hyzer and flip it to flat or reach for an actual fairway driver before I grab a Truth now.

I'll pick up a Compass before my next round (if the rim is ok..) but at this point I think I'm going to back slowly away from the Truth fiasco.

How are these seasoning for you guys?

After only half a dozen rounds with my 177g clear EMAC Truth it's already showing a lot more high speed turn than I want. I throw Truths ALOT in a round, so its certainly had the new knocked off it, but it's certainly not well seasoned.

I used to lean on Truths heavily, but at this point I've lost confidence in them and I dont reach for them. I'll put my first run frost Claymore on a steeper hyzer and flip it to flat or reach for an actual fairway driver before I grab a Truth now.

I'll pick up a Compass before my next round (if the rim is ok..) but at this point I think I'm going to back slowly away from the Truth fiasco.

I have a clear 178 that took its first substantial tree hit and it became noticeably flipper. I've been throwing a Pink and Clear, both 178g, for identical shots since I got them both, and that one tree hit made a noticeable difference. I guess it's nice to have one that will flip up and ride, but I'm throwing these primarily for their stability/speed combination, so I'm hoping these hold their stability longing than they're appearing too. For me, a lot of the Lucid plastic has always beat in way too fast.

I agree that they're beating in faster than their older Lucid counterparts. I guess I'm okay with that as long as they still finish strong, but it's definitely a bit concerning that they're developing noticeable turn so quickly.

Just wait for a better run of plastic. Or make dam sure they never hit a tree. Scuffs and nicks are one thing but structural damage will quickly sink a stable disc.

Anyone throw the fuzions yet? I have two on the way.
I have and it was nice and stable. More OS than the two Lucids I have in my bag.

On the other hand this could again be similar new disc stability as we saw with the Lucid. Only time will tell if it will beat in as fast or whether it will retain its' stability a bit longer.

Good point on the plastic runs. I will probably wait until Fluid to pick up any more of these. Fluid seems to season the slowest for me, and seems to be the most stable out of the gate.

I think I still have one fresh FR fluid truth that I can throw in the bag until then, it just happens to be 'good luck finding it' green.

Has the Emac release decreased the value of first run Truths?

by first run Truths you're speaking of the moonshine Truth stamped verdicts?

I seriously doubt it. EMAC Truths dont fly like those did, and are not awesome colored glow plastic from a cool tournament.

by first run Truths you're speaking of the moonshine Truth stamped verdicts?

I seriously doubt it. EMAC Truths dont fly like those did, and are not awesome colored glow plastic from a cool tournament.

I'm talking about the "first run" stamped lucid truths, not the am worlds glow verdicts. They were consistently going for about 50 a pop in December.

Specifically, these:

6211-2.jpg

I see. I didnt realize those had jumped up, but it makes sense. After a quick search I'm not seeing any on the trilogy FB forums I'm in, or on ebay so I'm not much help in determining what they're going for now..

I can say that while I'm not in the habit of bagging extinct discs or paying alot for plastic that I'm going to throw real hard at trees, I would totally definitely bag an FR Truth over the EMAC sig Truths coming out right now.

Latest posts