• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Emptying my bag in a field

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I loaded up my bag with some extras and threw them in a field, so I could see my form. A few things to note:

-Didn't go full power on any of the throws, field wasn't long enough.
-My computer is such a piece of **** that I can't view videos on it, which makes it impossible to edit the video in movie maker. So, sorry I couldn't cut out me waving my disc around like a nerd in the beginning to make sure I was in the frame, and to be honest I wanted to delete that FH Orc throw too, that's such a joke! :D

Anyways if you see anything wrong with my form please point it out.

I tried to throw a bit of a variety. I threw a Wizard flat, then hyzer, then two anhyzer Buzz throws, a Predator Thumber, a Stalker BH roller, Orc FH, then a flat OLF drive followed by a flex shot OLF drive. Then I threw the two Wizards I used for a tee.

So go ahead, tell me how jealous you are of my FH skills :D

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10000 times"(Bruce Lee). You are working on to many things at once.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10000 times"(Bruce Lee). You are working on to many things at once.

interesting pearl of wisdom, and certainly true, but i think the point here was for the guy to show off EVERYTHING and get a baseline to work from for each at a later date.

interesting pearl of wisdom, and certainly true, but i think the point here was for the guy to show off EVERYTHING and get a baseline to work from for each at a later date.

I understand that, but he is going to get a bunch of different answers for each throw and just be overflowed. Better to just learn a couple throws first and work your way up from there. Knowing how to do every throw is a lot different from being able to execute each throw.

I feel very good about my BH drives, they go to about 420-430 in a field.

BH Rollers with my Stalker I get past 400' and generally go where I want them to. It's the shorter, finesse BH rollers I have trouble with. For me it's much easier to do short range FH rollers.

Thumbers I just learned, they're going about 250-300 and usually with good accuracy too.

FH I started playing with seriously about a week or two ago. That's not really representive of my FH potential, as I've had some very accurate 300' drives with an OLF. But it's obviously my weakest link.

The FH is the only one of those throws I feel like is still in the development stage. All the others obviously have room for improvement, and always will, but I'm confident enough in all of them to use them during tournies and such.

I could swear I just put that in a thread earlier this week... get your own material.

Anyway Mike FH and BH with the same hand is a funny thing. Learning the FH to cover for annie shots is great and you'll find yourself using a FH for some shots over the BH because of how low you can keep FH shots. I myself though will forgo having a FH shot again and just learn BH with both hands. Its nice though to know that you're trying diff shots now. Maybe now you'll talk about more than tossing putters 340' HA!

When I can watch the video I will.

Look like you got some pretty decent form there. I like the fact that you do rely much on your run up, rather use good technique to snap the disc. Looks as though the discs are hig in your chest and you have good rotation throughout. Do you ever continue with your left leg all the way to the right as you follow through? One more thing, you got to smile. Look as though you are having fun with it and not take it to seriously.

I feel very good about my BH drives, they go to about 420-430 in a field.

BH Rollers with my Stalker I get past 400' and generally go where I want them to. It's the shorter, finesse BH rollers I have trouble with. For me it's much easier to do short range FH rollers.

Thumbers I just learned, they're going about 250-300 and usually with good accuracy too.

FH I started playing with seriously about a week or two ago. That's not really representive of my FH potential, as I've had some very accurate 300' drives with an OLF. But it's obviously my weakest link.

The FH is the only one of those throws I feel like is still in the development stage. All the others obviously have room for improvement, and always will, but I'm confident enough in all of them to use them during tournies and such.

The way you ran up, I thought you were going to do your FH when you did your thumber. Try not running up when doing an overhand throw but instead, do more of a pitcher like wind-up. I find its easier to reach back and comer over top into a follow through.

May not work for you but it just might be the ONLY thing I could have to offer you when it comes to distance.

Annys look good. Not maintaining hyzer with hips on followthrough and nose up. FH not much shoulder rotation and weight back reverse pivot.

Thanks for the replies. I made a video with some putting in it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0vcBkGOKpc

One more thing, you got to smile. Look as though you are having fun with it and not take it to seriously.

That's just how I always look. I get that a lot though. People think I'm always mad, but I'm not. I just keep my smiles on the inside.

Last edited:
what's with the shirless play? after many years, I still don't get it. Nothing personal, just found a chance to vent.

what's with the shirless play? after many years, I still don't get it. Nothing personal, just found a chance to vent.

My girlfriend likes it :p

That and I don't like walking around in a sweat soaked T-Shirt.

Last edited:
The only thing I see wrong are your socks man. White socks! Come on