• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Etiquette of found discs.

I heard of a really cool website with forums and disc golf course reviews . . . anyone know its name or its web address?

I heard of a really cool website with forums and disc golf course reviews . . . anyone know its name or its web address?

:thmbdown: you're not making it to Diamond status now

...actually I think I have given you like 20 :thmbup:

Catfish, it seems to me that you have been doing the right thing all along and are now tempted to keep a few. I would be too, but if someone sees you playing with their disc you might have wished you returned it.
Overall you sound like a normal guy, keep doing what you are doing. You are not a dbag until you brag about what you found and how you will not return it.

There is no law.. do what you feel is ethical/right. I don't think anyone here is going to tell you to keep it and not call. Actually, strike that, there might be one or two people on here that tell you to do that.

agreed.

Im trying (one lost disc at a time) to change the general etiquette and DGr thought from "If I find a disc (under whatever conditions) I deserve XXX for it if they want it back" to "If someone finds my discs and calls my number and i want that disc back I will reward that person in whatever way i can"

Everyone does the right thing:)

Hopefully 10 years from now we wont have this topic:)

catfish, how many did u get? ive played there and i know how nasty that water is.

There is also the notion that you have the permission from the property owner(s) to retrieve lost property.

Some parks consider this type of unsanctioned activity to be illegal...

Careful with the 9/10ths of the law stuff. It's more of an expression than anything else. This doesn't apply to lost property.

Careful with taking posts on the internet too literally sometimes. You're not the guy that says he'll have you arrested if he catches you with "his" disc are you?

So this store has this really killer candy bar that I like and there was one that fell out of the rack and onto the floor. There isn't any pricetag on it since it isn't in the rack...is it free?

I just wanna know because I am hungry and stuff and I spent all my munny on some killer discmania discs with the awesome stamps n' stuff.

There is also the notion that you have the permission from the property owner(s) to retrieve lost property.

Some parks consider this type of unsanctioned activity to be illegal...

this doesnt make sense. if he found a water bottle should he put that back in the water if he didnt have the owners permissionto take it out?

just found out today that someone is throwing one of my discs that i lost. had my name AND number on it. champ leopard with a huk lab dye...can't wait to run into the guy throwing it :)

just found out today that someone is throwing one of my discs that i lost. had my name AND number on it. champ leopard with a huk lab dye...can't wait to run into the guy throwing it :)

that's what you should do, full speed, then just walk away, hilarious!

this last trip I found 6. in total, i've found probably 30ish? and its not like finding a candy bar on the floor in front of the rack. Its like getting on your bike, driving to a mud pit and rooting around for candy bars, and wanting to keep the really killer one, while returning most to hungry kids.

this doesnt make sense. if he found a water bottle should he put that back in the water if he didnt have the owners permissionto take it out?

Let me clarify for you, IF you find property (disc, water bottle, $$, etc) on someone else's property (i.e., state/county/city property), you have no legal right to take it and claim it as yours.

Does that make sense?

Latest posts