• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

European Disc Golf Championship 2023

Must be injury. Cant imagine anything else. Looked super emotional on IG after the last putt. I feel like the emotion was more "omg I held on for the win despite this tough round" and not only "omg i got eur champs".
Also maybe winning the biggest tournament ever to be held in your country and being presented the trophy by your nation's president?

Dont think the president was there at 18s basket. Home win is cool and all but she must know it, no US pros makes it a win against "half a field". Shes been to enough big US events that this shouldnt sway her. Auto win.

Man, I really hope it's not bad. World's is in a couple of weeks. If Kristin can't be Kristin, we all lose. :(

Doesn't help that Paige is out with her broken ankle either. :(

That could really open the door for a new face.

Also maybe winning the biggest tournament ever to be held in your country and being presented the trophy by your nation's president?
Her form and throw looked really strange that last round. .looked like she was holding back and that mess up her form and she landed in places i bet she newer practise.
My guess is that she felt someting in her arm and tryed to slow down and that totaly messed up her game. . the back 9 looked more safe "play for par" golf

Ughhhh.... Of course I should have been explicit what exact clip i was talking about, but yeah thats online discussion and assumption for you, were all guilty of it and will be time and time again.

It was right after the last putt sank. If a player is thinking about their president _at that moment_ well I think that player has some weird priorities.

Where do y'all rank this win in terms of Kristins previous wins? Is it really such a big deal to win "the Championship of DG countries except the biggest DG country". I would say it was her tournament to lose from the get go. A must win. Anything else would be a let down.

I think the European golfers would put the European Championships as a near Major similar to how Throw Pink would be for FPO players - above any elite series win. Since the event is held every other year the opportunities are lower to getting the title of European Champion (that is presented at the European Championships and not European Open right?) and it lasts for ~2 years (longer than World and US champion titles). For the Estonians in the field this may have been the only opportunity for them to win this title in their home country since it rotates through different host countries.

I'm guessing Kristin would put this in the top 5 wins of her career to this point. 1x World FPO champion, 1x European FPO champion, 1x European Open FPO champion, 4x FPO Major champion. Other titles have a bit less prestige like the US Women's FPO Champion, DGPT Championship FPO champion, or Champions Cup FPO champion.

I think it certainly meant something to all the players there. The crowds were massive, Kristin was in front of her home crowd, the President, a possible injury ... something obviously got to her. Silver had to stop caddying with a hole or two to go to make his own tee time, and was teeing off while she was waiting to play 18. She had her head in her hands sobbing waiting to play the last hole. Silver charged over during his round to give her a huge hug after she putted out.

Someone did a 10 minute montage on Youtube of it all going down. Damn, someone's chopping onions around here.

Last edited:
Ughhhh.... Of course I should have been explicit what exact clip i was talking about, but yeah thats online discussion and assumption for you, were all guilty of it and will be time and time again.

It was right after the last putt sank. If a player is thinking about their president _at that moment_ well I think that player has some weird priorities.

Where do y'all rank this win in terms of Kristins previous wins? Is it really such a big deal to win "the Championship of DG countries except the biggest DG country". I would say it was her tournament to lose from the get go. A must win. Anything else would be a let down.
No need to be an ass. You were hyperfocusing on your speculation that she became emotional only due to a difficult final round caused by injury, I was simply pointing out you were dismissing a lot of factors.

European Championships are once every 2 years. It doesn't have the strongest field, granted, but it's still one of the biggest tournaments in Europe.

This year it was held in Kristin's home country, a country that has been paying more and more attention to disc golf over the past few years and has been recognizing KT's accomplishments more and more.

This was her first chance, ever, to compete in front of her friends, family and countrymen on home ground at a big venue. The crowds may not have been as crazy as at EO, but there were several hundred, if not upwards of a thousand people there, and 95% of them were there specifically for Kristin.

Add onto that even more recognition of your sport and your accomplishments by having the president of your country standing by, like 20-30 meters away as you make your winning putt and that is definitely a cherry on top.

But no, I'm sure she's probably just glad she won an A-tier while injured.

After missing that time last year, and now this.... with someone coming to the sport in her 30s I had assumed that maybe there would be less wear on her, and she'd have a nice long run of dominance. But now I'm starting to get worried we won't really get to see that. Hopefully she can get the injuries under control, but you just never know.

Like I wrote n Youtube livestream chat - there is no evidence of any injury. And Kristin confirmed it also - she was very amazed about all this talk. It is the same - hand is a bit stiff after couple of days of any tournament this season. It was purely nerves and bad coincidents.

Like I wrote n Youtube livestream chat - there is no evidence of any injury. And Kristin confirmed it also - she was very amazed about all this talk. It is the same - hand is a bit stiff after couple of days of any tournament this season. It was purely nerves and bad coincidents.
Thats good to hear, because the suddenness of it is crazy. By comparison look at similar rounds in the last decade from Pierce - you tend to see it coming. There's a 980s, a 910s, and then the 800s. Tattar rattled off three rounds over 990 and then just flat on her face round 4. That is an extremely jarring performance.

Yeah, but the circumstances where also calling for it. Go and play for the big title with big lead and lots of people watching You. It would be very hard to keep the focus there, where it should be. Fortunately the round was so bad, that will keep 1000 rating dream alive.

Yeah, but the circumstances where also calling for it. Go and play for the big title with big lead and lots of people watching You. It would be very hard to keep the focus there, where it should be. Fortunately the round was so bad, that will keep 1000 rating dream alive.
I'm gonna disagree that the circumstances called for her to look like her timing was crap and bomb out until it wouldn't be counted on her profile lolll. And in her past tournament performances, though she has let off the gas to, I would assume, play safe, it has not looked anything like this. There's absolutely no way to normalize this round - it was jarring, and out of the ordinary even for these circumstances. She certainly did nothing of the sort playing the European Open earlier this year - where she was 15 ahead after 3 rounds and won by 16 despite coming in with conservative final numbers the last round.

She was not in national team yersey in front of a home crowd in Nokia. We can agree to disagree.

Looks like she very out of focus today. .. . easy t odo with that lead, but bad for that "hunt for 1000"
Fortunately, or unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), that final round's rating is coming in at 892, and it is likely so low that it won't count on her average. Therefore not hurting the "hunt for 1000" at all.

Got a source?

Of course there is no evidence, but the tape on her elbow combined with the MDG commentary indicated that she did have something more severe than usual.

I really hope you are right though as I would love to see her at Worlds.

Fortunately, or unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), that final round's rating is coming in at 892, and it is likely so low that it won't count on her average. Therefore not hurting the "hunt for 1000" at all.
It has the potential to hurt - by expanding her standard deviation. It could shift a crucial round onto her number. But no way to tell until she's right on top of the achievement.

Latest posts