• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

European Open 2016

pretty impressive that McBeth is tied for the lead and has finished top 3 in every tournament while playing through this back injury and missing so many uncharacteristic putts. Ricky better enjoy it while it lasts...

:doh::doh::wall::wall:

Round two wasn't so good for McBeth. Five off the lead. Nybo and Wysocki both shot 56 (-8) with Sockibomb in the overall lead with 112 (-16) for the tourney so far.

How many here watched Avery's Twitter feed? I did, and I realize that I much prefer watching the action live even if it's from a shakily held phone without sound than wait God knows how long for edited coverage with commentary. The caveat being CCDG when they do same or next day turnarounds.

How many here watched Avery's Twitter feed? I did, and I realize that I much prefer watching the action live even if it's from a shakily held phone without sound than wait God knows how long for edited coverage with commentary. The caveat being CCDG when they do same or next day turnarounds.
Round 1, Front 9 has been posted, but I was disappointed.

These events across the pond make me that much more thankful for what Terry, Jomez, CCDG, and every other DG production company do. Especially Jomez, those guys are fiends and put up rounds the same day (at least it has seemed that way recently).

These events across the pond make me that much more thankful for what Terry, Jomez, CCDG, and every other DG production company do. Especially Jomez, those guys are fiends and put up rounds the same day (at least it has seemed that way recently).

They are fiends...lol disc golf fiends... Yeah, Jomez and CCDG are the best... but in my opinion most of that comes from their quick turnarounds.

Round 1, Front 9 has been posted, but I was disappointed.

Yes, I would have preferred for them to wait a few more days and give it some commentary. It also appears to be only one camera.

I love the way everyone always has to rag on whatever the media we get for these events is. Its either too slow, not polished enough, needs commentary, or the commentary sucks, should be available live..... Blah blah blah blah blah. I genuinely feel bad for Jamie and crew for the massive amount of hate they get for EVERY video they produce.

I love the way everyone always has to rag on whatever the media we get for these events is. Its either too slow, not polished enough, needs commentary, or the commentary sucks, should be available live..... Blah blah blah blah blah. I genuinely feel bad for Jamie and crew for the massive amount of hate they get for EVERY video they produce.

These comments happen in literally every tourney thread, and probably on FB, YouTube, Twitter...everywhere. What did Three Putt say? They used to mail them tourney results, months later? :|:|

Thanks to all of the coverage out there, in whatever form it is.

These comments happen in literally every tourney thread, and probably on FB, YouTube, Twitter...everywhere. What did Three Putt say? They used to mail them tourney results, months later? :|:|

Thanks to all of the coverage out there, in whatever form it is.

The thing I can't really wrap my brain around is why all the hate is exclusively geared toward SpinTV productions. Every other dg media outlet does great work, Jamie and company are terrible, appearantly.

The thing I can't really wrap my brain around is why all the hate is exclusively geared toward SpinTV productions. Every other dg media outlet does great work, Jamie and company are terrible, appearantly.

Well, I think Jamie would admit that part of that is his own doing. But this is today, and what happened yesterday is behind us.

They largely brought it upon themselves (at least on DGCR) by posting with an attitude which could be construed as condescending or arrogant culminating in the stuff surrounding Jussi's "black spot" post. (Jamie has been much better since then.) I have no problems with SpinTV's work as it compares to the others out there.

I've actually really found myself enjoying the groove DGWT has gotten into with their coverage. I can hop on my Instagram feed when I wake up and catch up on the action, then tune in for the last few holes live if I choose. If not, I can check out the recap show and then the full round later. I think it works, but I'm also not the type to sit here and wait for full round coverage before knowing the results, so maybe that has something to do with it.

We're in an odd spot for media. People want it NOW, but they want quality now, and those two things don't always go hand in hand. I honestly am of the mind that disc golf can thrive as an after-the-fact sport, so long as people are still willing to tune in even if they know the results. I think it's an OK place to be until the budget is there for higher quality live coverage.

Plus, most people are out playing when these tournaments are going on. Post-produced is where most views are coming, anyway.

I do not appreciate the tone you added to my comment . Did you see the Konopiste Open footage? That was far superior to the edited coverage of the European Open. If they are going to do it, they should do it properly.

So somebody said they were "disappointed" and another said the "preferred" something 'other'. I see no need for your white knight tactics here.

So somebody said they were "disappointed" and another said the "preferred" something 'other'. I see no need for your white knight tactics here.

Exactly.
Yeah, I don't like it when people criticize my videos (and proportionally, I get more than the tourney coverage guys) but that doesn't mean people are throwing "hate" my way.

Don't be so thin-skinned that everything remotely negative becomes "hate." Jussi hyped up his DGWT like it was going to forever change disc golf, and honestly, it's just been more of the same. That's not hate, it's called an opinion. And everyone has their right to it, free coverage or not.

To have genuine criticism =/= hate. There are styles of coverage that I prefer and they are not it. It doesn't mean it's bad, it is just my opinion.

Latest posts