• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

European Open 2016

She has allot of skill. I'm not sure where she's ranked currently but she seems to be playing the best out of fpo. In no way denying her of that.

But during the first round, I just watched, she didn't seem happy and shanked allot of shots she normally would make, just wondering if the pressure of the other two guys parking most shots wears on you a little bit. She missed allot of short putts, and was using a straddle, which she typically doesn't?

When I play with players much higher skilled than me 2 things can happen. I either raise to the occasion and it ups my game and I play better, or I simply play worse because of the pressure...

If she didnt like it, she wouldnt do it. And she can pretty easily beat most men, even pros, so there's that...

Bingo. It's not like this event is a case where she's the only Pro woman and is being grouped with men out of necessity and against her preference. It's a one division event in which she is the only woman competing and she knew what she was getting into when she signed up.

I imagine where the feeling is coming from is just her natural demeanor on the course. There have been plenty of instances where she's playing in a women's group in which she doesn't appear to want to be hanging around with her groupmates...people she's known to hang out with socially off the course so it's not like there's bad blood. She just prefers to be in her own little bubble when she'd competing. Nothing wrong with that.

^Yep. It's just Cat being Cat. She did completely fall apart (+13) in round 3 though. I'm sure by the end of that round she was just wanting it to be over with.

But during the first round, I just watched, she didn't seem happy and shanked allot of shots she normally would make, just wondering if the pressure of the other two guys parking most shots wears on you a little bit. She missed allot of short putts, and was using a straddle, which she typically doesn't?
She's typically a pretty mediocre putter.
La Mirada:
R1 - missed 5 ICP
R2 - 7
R3 - 2
European:
R1 - missed 6 ICP
R2 - 4
R3 - 5
Those numbers seem within her normal range from my memory of videos I've watched of her.

In the end, she plays an awful lot like a 965-rated player. Some very good throws, a few minor misses, a few shanks, a handful of missed putts. That's how it goes pretty much every round.

She's typically a pretty mediocre putter.
La Mirada:
R1 - missed 5 ICP
R2 - 7
R3 - 2
European:
R1 - missed 6 ICP
R2 - 4
R3 - 5
Those numbers seem within her normal range from my memory of videos I've watched of her.

In the end, she plays an awful lot like a 965-rated player. Some very good throws, a few minor misses, a few shanks, a handful of missed putts. That's how it goes pretty much every round.
When's she's on fire. She's nailing her putts and all of her shots. The Beast looks like a tough and windy course for allot of folks.

But once again, why's she straddling? Injury like Paul? Curious why she switched it up is all. Seems like something you do in the off season unless there's and injury.

Indeed. I hope his back is ok, and won't give him any problems going forward.

id pay ten mtl bucks if i could just dislike all your posts before you submit them. geez youre awful. its been years and youre still here being awful. lol old man.

Spoil spoiler spoiled I've been away...what did I miss? Wait what? No that can't be right. Whatever... I love the Paul and Rick show though regardless. We're gonna have a generation of disc golfers that fall into two groups: Are you a Rick or Are you a Paul? Personally? I love Paul's entire game, it's him vs. Rick and the Field basically at every tourney, his ability to turn it on is legendary, and on and on and on... But I'm a Rick: I always find myself rooting for him. He's the perennial underdog(see:above) and I guess I'm a sucker for the up and comer(she did not say that). What about Simon? I dunno something about him makes me feel like he's always sandbagging...lol, like if he got mad, "HULK SMASH-mad" he would win by double digits every time. He's probably my favorite to watch I guess. So maybe there's gonna be three types of discer... wait wait I forgot Eagle....(?)

McHaters were silenced today. McBeast is back!

paullllllllllllllllllllllll. best comeback most significant win in recent disc history?

to me that rounds substantially substantial.

I thought Ricky had broken the jinx, got the monkey off his back, was over the hump. The McBeast has redirected my suppositions...

You and me both.

giphy.gif

Latest posts