• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ever blew it on # 18?

I normally blow it on 10 or 12, if I'm playing Armco; 16 for some reason at Rotary Park. By 18 I'm trying to make up a stroke or two, and on both of those courses that's doable.

21 was the only birdie I got when I played at Blue Angel.

I blow it on 17 at my recent local course.(Water Works KCMO) Most of the time I am usually pretty good until then and sometimes go O.B. for a 4 and have even had 5's and a 6 in this damn hole.

i have a course that i can at times be 1 under or even going into the last hole. sometimes i do ok but most times i will either miss the mando or put my disc in the ob and end up with a 4 to finish at even par or 1 over. For me i think it is more of a mental thing i keep trying to tell myself to play safe and just par the hole but decide that i can go for it and be safe but then end up in trouble.

just did it tonite at leauges, i was in the lead 1 stroke ahead then i griplocked my drive out of bounds and get a triple bogey :wall:

I play Iron Hill quite a bit here in DE and holes 17 and 18 are designed to be round makers/breakers. I have witnessed and experienced 2-4 stroke swings on these holes. The best is after a tourney hearing multiple people singing the same sad tale.

oh yeah. couple of courses around here have potentially punishing final holes, and i'm regularly effed by them.

2009 Minnesota Majestic. On both Day 2 and 3 I got destroyed on the first hole. That creates a whole different world of hurt than if you were to get snake-bit on the last hole. Both days I started my rounds with 8s and neither were because of OBs. Day 2 I had a great drive, but each time I missed the putt I was in even worse shape for the next one. On Day 3 it was a simple up hill and then left turn in the woods before you shot out into the open. Everyone else parred this hole with 3s.

At this point on Day 3 I was, "again huh? Oh well, screw it, let's just throw." While I could not recover from the 8 on Day 2, on day 3 despite the 8 I had the second hottest round of the whole division.

I was leading my division (Am 2 at the time) by two strokes with three holes to go. On the third to last hole of the day, I hit first available on the course's shortest hole. My next shot found another tree and kicked away from the pin. Third shot found yet another tree. Fourth landed in putting range. I then missed an easy ten-footer to take a six on the hole. The other guy took a three and ended up beating me by one.

16 for some reason at Rotary Park.

That hole is marked 222' but I swear it plays like 300' with the crest of the hill that you have to shoot over.. Odd hole.. We always comment how it should be one of the easier holes on the course, for some reason it just isn't. :|

If I blow a round it is normally on Hole 14 at my home course (Rotary). I have only birdied this hole twice... and I have +1-to-+3'd it multiple times :(

That hole is marked 222' but I swear it plays like 300' with the crest of the hill that you have to shoot over.. Odd hole.. We always comment how it should be one of the easier holes on the course, for some reason it just isn't. :|

If I blow a round it is normally on Hole 14 at my home course (Rotary). I have only birdied this hole twice... and I have +1-to-+3'd it multiple times :(

Only problem I ever really had on 14 was figuring out where 15 was the first time I played.

8 tore me up a while back. Threw way right, managed to get back to the fairway, threw short of the basket, then past the basket and down the friggin' hill. Ended up with a 6 on an easy hole.

I actually ended up throwing a tomahawk on 16 last time I played, and had a decent look at birdie. Missed it, but had a look.

I actually ended up throwing a tomahawk on 16 last time I played, and had a decent look at birdie. Missed it, but had a look.

Yup, me and my buddy that play together throw FB Thumbers.. as long as you dont catch a roll (which seems to happen often to us) it can put you about 15' from the pin. Birdied it yesterday as a matter of fact! hah.. We are heading up again today.. I can't wait. I love this game.

Several years ago I had my best round ever at Kentwood. Was 15 under going into 18. Really wanted the birdie to finish and hit a tree off the pad and took the bogie.

What happened to my game...? :(

I meant more so recently. I'm about the same or worse than I was 5 or 6 years ago. Oh well, still a fun sport.

Yeah blowing up on the last hole sucks.
Worst one I can remember was in a local mini.

sitting at +2 which is usually around 2nd-3rd in the division I was in.
348' downhill. Drive into the dirt 50' off the tee. No prob easy layup to save 3 right.
Layup ends up 25' out. Yoyo put 3 times and then mess up the dink 5' putt being pissed off.

Take a 6 on an easy 3 common 2 hole to take my self out of the money...

Kind of. We started on 2 yesterday, and I forgot. I was all happy to have my best round ever on my home course until I was reminded that we still had to play 1. Hole 1 doesn't usually give me problems, but of course I bogeyed it.:wall:

Yep, did it just Tuesday.
Even after 17 @ Truckee River park, choked and bogied 18.
I figure they'll move all the baskets to the longer placements for the summer so I won't even be close again. Argh!

I fell apart on 18 today. I was 3 under after 17 holes and managed to double bogey 18. Which is sad cuz I can park that one with an Eagle. Name the tree, I pretty much hit it. Oh, and 2 of 3 rounds today I had a spit through on 18.

Latest posts