• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ever blew it on # 18?

this is why I love courses with normal 18's

not signature holes

I'm the opposite. I love for the last hole to be epic, not predictable. I prefer the outcome to be in doubt right up to the end, whether it's a tournament (usually the top division with the most money on the line), a friendly match between friends, or an attempt at a personal record. Moreover, I like confronting a serious challenge when I'm at my tiredest.

this is why I love courses with normal 18's

not signature holes

What? You gotta finish strong. I hate when courses have championship stuff throughout and then a "let's just get back to the car" Hole 18.
DSCJNKY

Im still chasing that elusive par round, the course that im closest to achieving it has a tough 17 & 18(well for RHBH). Bogeyed them both this last weekend to finish on +2. I suppose it's like a 80's video game, got to defeat the big bad boss to clear the level.

I just blew a bogey-free round on hole 18 today at one of my home courses. :doh: :(

I wonder if this feels kinda like what Justin Verlander felt as he pitched a near perfect game except for walking a batter late. :sick:

I was playing a sub par round at fallasburg today, and did a bogey on the last put as I missed a 25 footer by hitting the basket.... twice.....

I was playing a sub par round at fallasburg today, and did a bogey on the last put as I missed a 25 footer by hitting the basket.... twice.....

Sub-par at Fallasburg? :eek:

Heh, I was at Jaycee. :eek:

There was a young couple on 18 and the guy was showing his gf "how to putt" as I was waiting. I yelled twice and they just kept going. So I throw and yell fore and they just keep at it til I walk to 2nd shot, then move a little bit away and I blew the upshot. :wall: :mad:

Sounds like you were tearin' up Fallasburg though!

Sub-par at Fallasburg? :eek:

Heh, I was at Jaycee. :eek:

There was a young couple on 18 and the guy was showing his gf "how to putt" as I was waiting. I yelled twice and they just kept going. So I throw and yell fore and they just keep at it til I walk to 2nd shot, then move a little bit away and I blew the upshot. :wall: :mad:

Sounds like you were tearin' up Fallasburg though!

No sub par for me. I shot like 14 over, I had like a run of 6 pars in a row though which is nice there. I also walked up two a group of two on 15 while they were putting I was about to throw a mid at it and waited, they took 3 extra putts and didn't let me pass on 17 even though only one of them had drove by the time I got there, I also got to 18 and only one had drove and they didn't let me pass, and they were like walking super slow and tossing discs to each other. It sucked. Ruined my flow.

No sub par for me. I shot like 14 over, I had like a run of 6 pars in a row though which is nice there. I also walked up two a group of two on 15 while they were putting I was about to throw a mid at it and waited, they took 3 extra putts and didn't let me pass on 17 even though only one of them had drove by the time I got there, I also got to 18 and only one had drove and they didn't let me pass, and they were like walking super slow and tossing discs to each other. It sucked. Ruined my flow.

HAHA!!! I was gonna tell you to go pro! :p

Yep, that crap has been happening to me a lot lately. I hate the scene at the city courses. Too bad there's fools like that at Fallasburg too.

On topic:

It sucks to blow it! ;)

Yeah normally fallasburg is sweet but every so often there are them crazies there.

"YOU BLEW IT!"
images

But yeah, #18 on LTC is the shortest hole (156'), but also the only hole with a legit tunnel shot, and over a creek. I've had plenty of rounds where I was beat or tied with my best round after holing out on #17, only to barely save par or worse. I rarely go in the drink since it's such a short hole; it's all mental, perfecting your release and keeping it straight.

Latest posts