• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever met someone from DGCR on the course?

mashnut

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Yesterday at Lincoln Ridge in Cincinnati on the tee for #20, we were letting a guy playing by himself play through. Out of the blue, he asked me if I was on DGCR, and we ended up finding out that we recognized one another's names from these forums. This was the first time I had ever randomly run into someone in real life that I had only known online. Any other experiences like this, where you met a fellow DGCRer that you didn't already know in 'real life'?

BTW, it was really cool to run into you tamahawk!

I met Springdglover up at McDade Park in Conroe , and we had a great round together. We are meeting down at Jack Brooks park in Hitchcock, TX tomorrow morning to play a round together. If anyone else is going to be in the area, and would like to play with us, pm me. We are meeting at the first tee of the new course at 9am.

BTW, it was really cool to run into you tamahawk!

Same here, very cool to run into you like that. I'm glad I didn't chunk my disc into the trees there, that would have been embarrasing...:D

English101 and I met on a course in Albuquerque... funny thing is, neither of us are from there. We wound up playing a little more than 1/2 a round together. Was a great time!

If more of you guys would spend $5 and order a DGCR Travel Tag, we would spot each other more often. It also promotes the site. At my last tournament many people asked me about my bag tag and I was happy to promote the site. I am going to start carrying a note pad and writing it down for them.

I have met Usher, I got Nunez23 on to the site and I am hoping to meet up with a few other guys from the site soon.

Same here, very cool to run into you like that. I'm glad I didn't chunk my disc into the trees there, that would have been embarrasing...:D

Ha, no, you threw a beautiful anny through that gap, much better than I ended up doing on that hole...

I have met ERic several times and have played a couple of rounds with him. That dude can play. Some of the longest drives I have ever seen.

Not on accident...bit I have met up and played with SimonCarr, sigmachris, zud00, and cc0049(?)...not to mention being good friends with tamahawk, and having met a couple other DGCR local guys...

I've played a round with solomon.trenton and I play all the time with teebirder ... good guy both of them.
In July Im meeting up with Greg Layton at Tyler State park ... if anyone wants to come play with us that would be cool

tamahawk, what made you ask him if he was on DGCR?

I make it point to ask everyone that I run into on a new course/in a new area of they are on DGCR. Most people don't know what I'm talking about, so I take the opportunity to tell them to come sign up for the greatest DG website EVER!!!

If more of you guys would spend $5 and order a DGCR Travel Tag, we would spot each other more often. It also promotes the site. At my last tournament many people asked me about my bag tag and I was happy to promote the site. I am going to start carrying a note pad and writing it down for them.

This is a good idea, I'm going to order mine this week!

Ha, no, you threw a beautiful anny through that gap, much better than I ended up doing on that hole...

I really like throwing the anhyzer, one of my favorite shots. The basket was kind of hidden, so I didn't realize it until I got up there, but it was around 12ft from the basket. I was pretty pleased with that one. Not a typical result, but I'll take 'em when I can get 'em.

I have not yet but am planning a trip to Texas this summer and plan to meet up with Donovan and maybe cc0049 and roc1time? I just got my travel tag and plan to swap it. If anyone is traveling thru MS this summer especially along I-20 I would love to meet you for a round.

YES! Actually, I met the guy at a party before we got to the course. While at the party, I asked a mutual friend if he knew how to get around Area 74. My friend said he couldn't remember it exactly and asked his friend if he knew the way... and the friend said "Of course. That course is dope. When do you want to go?" I said "last week". So we left the party to go play.

During the round I asked if he knew about dgcr... he said he was on the site all the time. Thanks Pinso707... That course is the bomb - played it like 5 times since.
DSCJNKY

I have actually met someone from here on the course, in a tournament no less, and when I told him my screen name he was like oh yeah, I know you. Uh oh. Where is that Mark D anyways. I would love to meet more of y'all. Let me know if your in So Cal.

I havent randomly run into anyone really, but the first person I played disc golf with is a member (thenamesben) who I had met on here first. Since then I have played with about 6-7 guys from league and a couple in tourneys who use this site.

I have yet to just play a casual round and find out some I ran into or played through was from this site.

I've only met up with some guys from the site to play a few rounds, but never met someone on the course to discover they are on the site. I play fairly often with discflinger who hasn't been on the forums much lately. I've also met up with sigmachris, hamilton, and cc0049 in Cincinnati.

Isn't there a place on the website where you can print off fliers and cards? I think that's a great way to promote the site...I need to print off a flier and post it at the local course. We all could print off a couple cards and give them out to players who you are telling the site about.

Isn't there a place on the website where you can print off fliers and cards? I think that's a great way to promote the site...I need to print off a flier and post it at the local course. We all could print off a couple cards and give them out to players who you are telling the site about.

I forgot about that, that is a good idea zud00.
Here is the link: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25

Latest posts