• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ever seen a 130-135 gram Discraft putter?

JamesD

I am a small old (62 yrs, 145 lbs) throw & catch player, that has just gotten into golf.

I am having the most success with lighter discs. My longest drives are with a 134 gram Surge.

I started putting with a 170 gram Putt'r, then moved to a 150 gram Magnet with fair results. Then I tried a 117 gram Lightning Upshot today, and really liked how it flew "like a Frisbee". I could still "push" it for short putts, and for longer tries (anything over about 35 feet is "long" for me) I was much more accurate. I think something in-between 150 & 117 might be perfect for me.

So, I would love to find a 130-135 gram Discraft putter. Anyone out there ever seen one? Or have one they could part with?

Thanks,

James

Yeah I got my daughter a 136g disc from them so I knew they had some.

DGC has some EDGE discs too, my daughter got a 116g Roc when we went there...damn thing is so thin it is see thru.

Wow...I like my putters heavier...in fact my heaviest disc in my bag is my putter...175

I just got a Star leopard that is 124 :)

Crazy...it anhyzers great

I dont know about the putter but you can get a super light driver here if it interest you -> Light R-Pro Boss

Just because the boss is light, doesn't mean he's going to have the power to throw a Boss at the speed required. It's still going to hook at the end like a trucker.

If you are looking for a putter that feels and flies like a throw and catch disc, look into the "Polecat" by Innova. It has the same feel as one, flies dead straight, and is listed as good transitional disc from frisbees to discs. I highly recommend one.

I have a <135 g Putter by Gateway, 'Magic' it's a pretty good disc, I'm real accurate with it, but only from a short distance. I'd check it out.

Latest posts